Surfriding What's the best surf hull

Best surf hull in your opinion

• Total voters

n20si

baller on a budget
Grayland is my regular ride spot and if you ever make it this way for the open or whatever you can try my vision 2.0. We have quit a few aftermarket hulls this way so their should be a good mix. It will be at surfslam to hopefully.

Grayland is my regular ride spot and if you ever make it this way for the open or whatever you can try my vision 2.0. We have quit a few aftermarket hulls this way so their should be a good mix. It will be at surfslam to hopefully.
I would love to take you up on that! I could make a trip over there sometime next month or so....but grayland open falls right during harvest and I can never get away for it:(

hi guys I'm a bit late reading this but for what its worth I 've had a fp1 (heaviest layup ever made by Pete) for a couple of years now and can honestly say they are made for surf riding. many aftermarket hulls can feel like a cork these don't but its preference if you can't even turn at speed why bother?. I liked my sj but they are weak and I was over fixing it so I upgraded and never looked back.

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
Thanks dan why don't you tell them how many times you have hit the bottom and show them pics of when you bent your shafts and the short shaft housing snapped and the inserts where still in the firewall LOL built for the surf :)

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I ride a Superjet and I don't ride it well. I just want to slash a wave without the nose driving under the water. I want to ride without having to first widen my tray, shorten my hull, rocker the nose, add trim and quicksteer, and spend countless hours practicing to be able to have fun in the style I like. Practice is for competition, we shouldn't have to practice that much to have fun. I rode a predator and was immediately able to ride the style I've been trying to ride for years, and I did it with a 5 minute learning curve. Unfortunately, I can't afford one of my own, but for those who can, it's awesome they can just go buy something with the right setup for their style.

I hope next year, I can try a rickter, a freak and anything else I can get my hands on. I hope one day I can buy one or build one. And, if you think I got it because it looks cool and I can't ride a stock hull superjet, you're damn right.

But, in support of the "all you need is a superjet" argument, Gomez made a name for himself on a 550, so if you want to be good rather than just throwing money at the sport, strap a toro to a plank of wood and go big.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I rode a predator and was immediately able to ride the style I've been trying to ride for years, and I did it with a 5 minute learning curve.

what he said...:)

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
I have rode rickters in surf, now I own a footrocket and I think it does better in surf. I bet a predator would be even better in surf.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
It's been years ago that I posted my opinion, but it hasn't changed much. V2 and footrocket are my favorite surf skis. It's all preference.

I've just changed my SV-1 for the Gen 1 FR2, before this i has a FR2 evo which i loved. IMO Rickter with tubbies are sick surf boats.

My favs for me have been my Edge, my old fr2, a Evo and I liked the predator a lot too. I don’t think I’d want anything shorter then those hulls in average surf.

Top Bottom