What's your view look like today?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
U-haul roadside assistance was at least 2 hrs away which would have made us miss our closing so I limped the truck to the next exit. We had planned to leave the truck and come back for it but we lucked out to find a backwoods tire shop a half a mile down the road. Cost me $250 but we were moving again in under an hour. We dropped the truck off at the new house and still made it to closing with 30 minutes to spare.

U-haul roadside assistance was at least 2 hrs away which would have made us miss our closing so I limped the truck to the next exit. We had planned to leave the truck and come back for it but we lucked out to find a backwoods tire shop a half a mile down the road. Cost me $250 but we were moving again in under an hour. We dropped the truck off at the new house and still made it to closing with 30 minutes to spare.
Might be a chance of U haul reimbursing u?!

Sent from my Galaxy s4

OCD Solutions

I put the blown tire in the back, got a receipt and they repaid me in full when we dropped off the truck this afternoon.

They said that that was much cheaper than the bill the roadside assistance call would have cost them.

Last edited:
I put the blown tire in the back and got a recipe and they repaid me in full when we dropped off the truck this afternoon.

They said that that was much cheaper than the bill the roadside assistance call would have cost them.
So there is still hope for U haul after all! Good to hear that it worked out for u. Congrats on the new house.

Sent from my Galaxy s4

OCD Solutions

So, here is the view this afternoon...

ega3u6eq.jpg

20140404_141759_zpsxuumwzr1.jpg

looks like poop because I just cleaned it, but its an 8' 400 gallon reef. 100% automated besides cleaning and feeding.

When the sump runs low or anything goes out of spec beyond set parameters, the laptop turns on and an alarm sounds, and a voice repeats, "Danger! This aquarium needs assistance. please call xxx-xxx-xxxx immediately".

licoriceing freaked me out last time it happened.

OCD Solutions

Rather than sit around and watch the epoxy paint dry in my garage, I hopped a flight to Mississippi to do a service call to GE Aviation in Ellisville.

Garage floor before and after pics...

2y2y4upe.jpg

ydusema8.jpg

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
How exactly does one get to test drive a Tesla? How awesome was the acceleration?

Long story short - my brother is in a "business leaders" organization and one of the guys in the group owns a Tesla dealership. I have been bugging my brother to get me the hookup to get a ride, and the guy let me drive it.

Its a freaking awesome car. Absolutely amazing on all levels. Prior to today, I thought they were kinda basic sedan looking on the outside nothing special, but now I think they are one of the coolest cars I have ever been in.

Its so.... futuristic, its really cool. The door handles on the outside light up and go flush with the car when you are driving, the interior is insanely nice - the quality seems extremely high (then again I havent been in to many $100k+ cars). It has different driving modes (sport, normal, comfort) and it really plus on the comfort mode. The suspension get softer and the car is ultra quiet - which is weird. There is no key or on off for the car. You just walk into it and put it in gear and drive. Then when you are done you just put it in park and get out, the doors automatically lock when you leave the car and the car is off.

I was in a sport model Tesla Model S - and man it was really really really fast. I got to punch it a few times and the torque is waaay more than any gas motor. I think the guy said it does 0-60 in a little under 4 seconds - all with no motor sounds which is very odd. At one point we pulled up next to a newer (2007ish) Saleen Mustang at a light. The guy was reeving his motor and wanted to race, I pinned it at the light and we smoked him in acceleration (I let off after hitting the speed limit - he kept going). Its funny because he was in a clearly built race car, and I was in a luxury sedan. Definitly made me think - if someone can properly harness this technology/motor in a stand up jet ski it would be really cool. I think you could get a TON of power and torque, which would be really fun in a jetski

OCD Solutions

I got to do a beer run in a Viper once but I wasn't allowed to get "on it" with the owner of the dealership in the passenger seat. I idled it off the showroom floor, puttered down to the closest cold beer and wine store and then backed it back into the showroom with a trunk full of liquor for a staff party.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Co-worker bought a tesla and has nothing but positive things to say about it. He's a car aficionado for sure and uses this as his daily driver. Just sold his V12 AMG Benz 63 after he bought this...

Sent from yo' momma's house...on her iphone

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!
I have seen a few around town...one travels opposite me on my way to work on one of the worst roads in town. I often wonder how is ride is down this chitty street.

Tucson is one of the sights Tesla is considering for their Gigafactory. It would be cool to bring a factory like that to town.

swapmeet

Brotastic
x2 on harnessing electric torque in a ski. I think it would bring new meaning to 'arm yanking' power.

IMO the next big thing is electric motor retro-fits in all kinds of vehicles.

OCD Solutions

Congratulations, that view is gonna be hard to top!!!

I practiced making a baby this morning and then built some shelves and a bench OCD Style...only have pics of the latter. ;)

I have another gallon of the epoxy floor paint that I will start putting on the shelves and bench over the next couple of days before i start to really move stuff in. I can almost see my skis in the bottom of the storage locker. :(

ypyza8ut.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom