Surfriding Who lost a 98 superjet at Tierra?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I think he was happy to get out alive. He was caught in a bad rip current and damn near drowned.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Yes, he picked up a good used RN surf boat not too long after it happened.

I found another, early picture - about four years ago.

IMG_1000-XL.jpg

swanny

not safe for clowns
Tim,

Dave lives in PC next time haul it back for him he is just past los caporales south of town.

sux to see but like loved ones its nice to have closure i bet. i always liked that ski too. dam.

It was taped off because they hust had a huge SOLVE thing which is beach clean up day. they hauled like 60k lbs of trash off the oregon beaches the other day.

Netucca Bay Clean Up is April 20 also. Call me at 888-226-9498 and I will get my new wall art off your hands.

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Very cool to see something recovered for Dave!! I understand what a suprise to see some chunks a year later! Very cool, cause when you lose a ski out there you pretty much gotta write it off as gonzo. Happy easter everyone! I found a bunch of tiny scraps of turf and my chinpad was washed up on shore along with my bulkhead, and one RRP foothold was found by a guy in portland. Other than that its gone fo ever haha. Here is the chinpad which i have hangin in my dads shop. and that was my hand. Oregon... ruthless. Lots of respect for that surf now
IMG_2299.jpgIMG_2296.jpg

swanny

not safe for clowns
Very cool to see something recovered for Dave!! I understand what a suprise to see some chunks a year later! Very cool, cause when you lose a ski out there you pretty much gotta write it off as gonzo. Happy easter everyone! I found a bunch of tiny scraps of turf and my chinpad was washed up on shore along with my bulkhead, and one RRP foothold was found by a guy in portland. Other than that its gone fo ever haha. Here is the chinpad which i have hangin in my dads shop. and that was my hand. Oregon... ruthless. Lots of respect for that surf now
View attachment 215299View attachment 215300

And this coming from an Alaskan. My buddy in Juneau that went to college here always called Oregon "mini Alaska."

I wonder if on a summer super clear, super small day if we could locate a couple motors/bpipes, etc? I doubt it but maybe.

WILKEY

SO FAR CHANGE SUCKS!!!!!!
Are we allowed to change the topic real quick? I know the recovery team did a good job doing the most important part which was rescue Tanner. But how did the ski sink when there was two dudes right there? Maybe I missed something?

Top Bottom