Freestyle Who wants actual dyno numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i'm seriously going to work on fitting a jet ski motor to a buddies engine dyno. my old wdk1200, polaris 800 i built, a 1.1 polaris are going to make it on the dyno if i can make it work safely. if it all works out, my goal would be getting some of the engine builders in on the same day for a comparison on the same dyno, during the same day. use the same coupler and how ever they sell their engine. i dont' think anyone will take me up on that offer though.

Even if they think they make more power with their motors than the competition.......would they really be confident enough to put it on a dyno? I don't think so.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I personally think it would be the perfect environment. Same dyno setup for every motor there, builders get to supply the entire package - both of those points eliminate a lot of variables.
But I doubt anyone will go for it.
Marketing is working well enough, no reason to introduce actual numbers.

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
I know somebody with a dyno as well. And he saw some numbers that a certain company advertised and laughed. I think that the whole dyno idea is a great it would prove to a lot of people what makes the true powa.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Did we really have to start another thread about the D word? I am certain to be banned by the end of the day now.

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
What kind of dyno is going to be used?
I think the only way to accurately test these engines is using an eddy current dyno on a 'timed sweep pass'.
Two strokes are too touchy to try and load with a water-brake or inertia dyno. Down low before they are 'on the pipe' the engine struggles to pull any load and as soon as it hits the meat of the power it screams to red line too quickly for accurate results.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Those numbers (EME) probably come from the original design work for cylinder & porting and the software's power estimates.

Regardless of where they came from, I don't believe it. Or much anything else that comes from eme.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom