Other why dont the brothas ski?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its all about the surf!
Yes it's a cultural thing. Most people get into sports that are generally accepted by others in their culture. Black Americans are no different than anyone else and team sports such as basket ball and football seem to get the nod of approval in their community. Throw in the price tag of this sport and that pretty much eliminates the few left that go against the norm. Of the few black friends I have, I've actually asked them this very question and the most common reply was "I don't swim very well"

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
It's kinda like saying: "Why is there more tall blacks than whites in the NBA?"...lolz :p I think most generally the reason why there's more tall blacks than whites, it's because their knee grows. :p

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
It's mostly an "associative" sport. Most black communities can't afford to, because most of them are from poor families living in poor communities, on welfare, that can barely make ends meet. The others from those particular communities that could afford it are too busy "slangin'" dope and droppin' twenny foe inch basedrumz on they eskalaidz, and attending meetings at the DHS just to continue their eligibility in receivin' they welfare checks. Not being racial, by any means. It's just the way it is.

One of my few regrets in life is that I will never b ridin on dem twenty fo's

When I worked in Brooklyn I was the only white guy in the shop. I offered a few times to bring my couches out to Rockaway Beach, but they literally all couldnt swim. I told them I have life jackets, and they still wouldnt. Some of them were from Trinadad which amazes me that people from a tiny island cant swim. Different strokes for different folks is what it really is I believe. I mean Bubba Stewart broke into motox, could happen in the future. Stand up riders are few and far between when looking at the watersports deal, so it would be even less likely to see different races get into it. Props if they do tho!

the WaTeRhAwK

You regularly post dumb ass sht but this is by far the dumbest.

Speak for yourself.

At least I don't follow the crowd, only understand half of what I hear, then try to post bs I only know bits and pieces about...lolz Aside from the fact that I was joking.

Last edited:

the WaTeRhAwK

Not really a "trainwreck". It's a perfectly legitimate question that merits discussion, and varying opinions. If you don't like it, ignore it.

I have met and known alot of blacks friends over the years and only one would do any water sports. We surfed scripps, cardiff, and 9th st a bunch and he Ripped.

billy womack won the endurance race in the 90s on a polaris couch.cant remember what year.yes a brotha on the water.but on a couch.definately one in a million. good discussions.so i gather most dont know how to swim for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom