Other why dont the brothas ski?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about all the black friends I've had in the past were terrified of water and couldn't swim. They wouldn't even step foot in a boat. I think its more of a cultural thing than it is about money. None of the guys I knew were poor, they were average middle class people that just had different interests. A few I knew rode dirt bikes, very well I might add. The stand up scene in my area is almost non existent. I have only seen a couple in my area on CL and only one old js440 on the lake we ride. I think the stand up skis are just not very well known to the general public anymore, you would be surprised how many people ask what my skis are. They have never seen a pole ski before and don't even try to explain to them what the x2 is lol.

yep, i get the same thing all the time, if I wanted a couch id buy a boat.. I also get " I don't like them those things are hard to ride" when i let someone try one out. lazy people, god forbid you have to put some effort into doing something now a days, if my 280lb tail can ride these things with no issues there's no reason why my average size friends can't. Some people just don't get it...

Big Kahuna

Administrator
billy womack won the endurance race in the 90s on a polaris couch.cant remember what year.yes a brotha on the water.but on a couch.definately one in a million. good discussions.so i gather most dont know how to swim for whatever reason.

Better do some more searching. He helped Pioneer endurance racing. And into the 2000's as well.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
It is a culture thing pure and simple. Walker here on the boards just sold his SXR to a co-worker that is of darker complexion. He had never owned one before. I Think Swapmeet said it best, times are changing. There was a guy that use to race at the National tour in the late 2000's. Raced runabouts. Met him at Nationals, cannot remember his name, very nice and pretty good racer also. Raced at the WF's a few times also.

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
I told a guy at work I have a ski and he looked me weird and said "oohh noway us brothas don't do water"

Thats what one guy in my office use to say all the time. Then he started hanging out at the wake nation http://wakenation.com/ with another guy here at work. Now he is on the water every other weekend.

Back in 03, 04, 05 when I use to race my GP1200R there were two melanin in persuasion guys that had GPR's and rode with us all the time.

DarkWater

Down Side Up
Some funny stuff here!

One of my closest friends is Black. I've known him since 94, his entire family hates water!!! Our high school made swim class mandatory, but he never once left the 4ft area, haha. NEVER!. Funny as hell all by himself. In 04 i bought a mastercraft and that was it, he used to call me or show up all the time, all he wanted to do was tube. Wont ski or wakeboard. But he's pretty damn good at snow boarding.
As for jet skis, he will tear it up on a couch. He instantly had a B1 and an HX figured out. I'm willing to bet, if i can get him on the stand up will be leg dragging way sooner than I did!

And we are the same height but his belly button is like 2 inches higher than mine?!

jacintoacuna

Ill quit before i sit
Its like dirtbiking and bass fishing ski riding is expensive. Black familys don't have patience time or moneey to Jetski all the black people i'm my town don't like the river. But there is two half breeds that ride stand ups half blackhalf mexican thats about it and im mexican/hondurian . Most of us stand up guys here are mexican and a few whites.

Its like dirtbiking and bass fishing ski riding is expensive. Black familys don't have patience time or moneey to Jetski all the black people i'm my town don't like the river. But there is two half breeds that ride stand ups half blackhalf mexican thats about it and im mexican/hondurian . Most of us stand up guys here are mexican and a few whites.

What part of socal is this ???

Some funny stuff here!

One of my closest friends is Black. I've known him since 94, his entire family hates water!!! Our high school made swim class mandatory, but he never once left the 4ft area, haha. NEVER!. Funny as hell all by himself. In 04 i bought a mastercraft and that was it, he used to call me or show up all the time, all he wanted to do was tube. Wont ski or wakeboard. But he's pretty damn good at snow boarding.
As for jet skis, he will tear it up on a couch. He instantly had a B1 and an HX figured out. I'm willing to bet, if i can get him on the stand up will be leg dragging way sooner than I did!

And we are the same height but his belly button is like 2 inches higher than mine?![/QUOTE]

pix or ban

DarkWater

Down Side Up
^^ pix or ban?
WTF MATE!

Yea that will go over well!
" hey Isaac, i need proof that our belly buttons are different heights, yea yea, i commented on this racist thread and now they want some proof"

Ill do my best!

#ZERO

Beach Bum
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!

combs.JPG

Most can't swim

Im glad you found something to back that up, I have a few black friends that said they would love to try it but there is no way in hell theyd be that close to the water lol. they also call our sport "crazy white boy poop" whatever, Not being racist but it seems that you find this in most sports. look at all the pro level stuff out there, there is always a minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom