Other why dont the brothas ski?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in 2000, I was unloading the FX-1 @ Daytona. There was a black guy from Maryland visiting with his family. I talked to the life guard at the entrance ramp before unloading - LG says I'll bet I will have to go get him shortly. I asked why, LG said black people tend to be thicker or denser in mass even @ the same weight.
Sure enough, before I could get in the water, LG was out there pulling the poor guy out and chasing down his sea-doo. The black guy rode parallel to the beach / waves, nice head hi set with a lip rolled that doo right up big time in shallow water. Big scene with his family there freaking out but not necessary.

However, an old black friend of mine used to ride the old WR500 back in 90-93 when no black guys would be anywhere near the beach. Ya, I know it's a couch and once of the slowest at that. But, he could do a couple of very simple tricks and rode it more than anyone there. Never could get him on the SJ. I started getting him to go out with us with a cooler full of beer,a guitar, and the promise of T-back bikini's on display once we got there and a small grill. Amazing what make's a man do what he does - no matter his race.

ok so its not just my area.it is a trend that doesnt seem to be broken anytime soon.i work with a bunch of brothas and they stay far away from the lake.i always invite them to go riding with me,and they're always like "yeah ill go anytime" but they dont answer their phone when it comes down to it.water intimidates them tremendously.

Im glad you found something to back that up, I have a few black friends that said they would love to try it but there is no way in hell theyd be that close to the water lol. they also call our sport "crazy white boy poop" whatever, Not being racist but it seems that you find this in most sports. look at all the pro level stuff out there, there is always a minority.

thats pretty funny.......the guys that paint our skis run a "donk shop" and thats the same thing they say

Kawikazi

Don't follow my line.
brothas dont/wont wrench. simple as that. This sport/lifestyle is way to high maitenence and involved for the majority of "brothas" to keep their interest in. I've got a hand full of "brotha" buddies who are always saying stuff like "sit dog, i gots ta get me one of them joints" or "man I need to be doin that" , then I tell them I can find them one while reminding them of how much up keep and wrenching they may have and they follow up with something like, "You can do that for me right"? or "thats why I got you dog"......Wrong nigga

I am by no means racist! ask my brothas.. As much as this may sound like a stereotype.. if there wasnt some kinda truth to stereotyping, we wouldnt stereotype.

Last edited:

chriselmore_1

high on resin
Not really sure what maintenance your talking about... Not much involved with these things.. Only time i wrench is when i break something... Like a motor mount or a steering nozzle

Not really sure what maintenance your talking about... Not much involved with these things.. Only time i wrench is when i break something... Like a motor mount or a steering nozzle

Lol glad someone said it. If you gotta wrench everytime you ride then you didn't build it right. Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom