Will Amateur freestyle rules be enforced on the 2010 APBA Nationals tour?

Will Amateur freestyle rules be enforced on the 2010 APBA Nationals tour?

• Yes, Rules are made to be followed and they should be enforced.

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No, Amatuer freestyle rules have always been a joke. No one cares.

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
APBA FREESTYLE RULE BOOK 2010

RULE 29 - TECHNICAL RULES – FREESTYLE CLASSES
There are two Amateur Freestyle classes (Class I and Class II) and Pro Freestyle.

29.2 HULL – AMATEUR FREESTYLE CLASS I
29.2.1 Footholds: Footholds may be installed into the foot wells. If the same watercraft is used for racing, the foot wells must be blocked off, allowing no indentation into the footwell sides.
29.2.2 Hand Holds: Hand holds may be installed on the hood and upper deck.
29.2.3 Foot Straps: Foot straps may be installed on the tray of the watercraft.
29.2.4 Hull and Deck Repairs: Hull and deck repairs may be made. However, these repairs must not alter the standard configuration by more than 2.00mm (0.08 in.). Hull, bulkhead and deck may be internally reinforced.
Fasteners may be installed through the hull, bulkhead and deck for
the purposes of securing components to interior surfaces, provided a
hazard is not created. Other than for the use of fasteners,
the bulkhead may not be modified. Glue squeeze-out may be removed from the hull.
29.2.5 Hull Bottom: The hull bottom of the freestyle watercraft must remain OEM.
29.2.6 Top Deck: The top deck of the freestyle watercraft must remain OEM.

Hood, hood baffle, and nose cover may be modified or aftermarket.

29.3 HULL – PRO AND AMATEUR FREESTYLE CLASS II
29.3.1 Footholds: Footholds may be installed into the foot wells. If the same
watercraft is used for racing, the foot wells must be blocked off, allowing
no indentation into the footwell sides.
29.3.2 Hand Holds: Hand holds may be installed on the hood and upper deck.
29.3.3 Foot Straps: Foot straps may be installed on the tray of the watercraft.
29.3.4 Hull: The top deck of a freestyle watercraft may be modified or aftermarket, providing the following: The top deck must resemble the original top deck of a homologated watercraft; length and width of top deck must be within 6.50 inch (165.1mm) in length and within 2.00 inch (50.8mm) in width of the OEM top deck of the OEM powerplant (engine) being used; and the craft must function as originally intended. The hull may be no smaller than the minimum measurements of the top deck. These restrictions also apply to the minimum length of the hull. The front bumper may add no more than 1.25 in (31.75 mm) to the overall length of the top deck for the purposes of meeting the minimum length requirement.

Fuel fillers may be relocated internally. The deck and hull must be joined by the same method as the original hull and deck (e.g., bonded together with a high-strength adhesive). If upper and lower components of the original equipment bond flange are separated and rejoined, they must be rejoined by the same method as original equipment.

Last edited:

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
The rules are holding back the progression of the sport.

I agree the rules need to be followed, but more importantly they need to be revised so they are not holding back progression.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
The rules are holding back the progression of the sport.

I agree the rules need to be followed, but more importantly they need to be revised so they are not holding back progression.

It should be simple.

Amatuer should be OEM Hull (Top and Bottom) and less than 800cc.

Pro - Any combo up to 1100-1200cc

AM hulls in AM is crap.

Any AM that is pulling clean double troubles, flairs, flat water back flips and win every comp they do should step up to Pro the very next season, not stay AM for multiple years.

It should be simple.

AM hulls in AM is crap.

Any AM that is pulling clean double troubles, flairs, flat water back flips and win every comp they do should step up to Pro the very next season, not stay AM for multiple years.

i agree harrison.... oem hull in am class and put a cc limit on it.

pro class... rwyb and hope you brought enough

There should be 3 classes... novice, expert and pro...

But freestyle is just lunch break at most races anyway (when we competed we raced too). This is the reason I started our own tour.

2543462570103805137HmeIgq_th.jpg

2680485160103805137rGIxYg_th.jpg

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Safety hazard, you could easy get out of shape and have a foot get jammed in there and then get ripped off the ski causing ACL damage. Most standup injuries are leg and ankle short of being run over.

I have raced with footholds, it actually messed my stance up, I use the gunnell's to get leverage on, with a foothold there is nothing there to plant your foot.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
So technically this season when i run my shortened OEM hull it will be illegal? IS it saying the oem bottom deck must remain un-modified?

Yup.

29.2.4 Hull and Deck Repairs: Hull and deck repairs may be made. However, these repairs must not alter the standard configuration by more than 2.00mm (0.08 in.). Hull, bulkhead and deck may be internally reinforced

It should be simple.

AM hulls in AM is crap.

i was beat by an oem hull and another aftermarket hull at nats In Ams this year

I had 3 weeks on the ski, but shorter skis like My q8 it was hard to relearn hoodtricks for that event

So Oem Still has advantages...its all in riders skill level
When you win a national event you can turn Pro but dont have to.

JUST SAYIN....im not starting a war

Big Kahuna

Administrator
what constitutes an oem power plant?

why only the original manufacturers are being considered oem, company that builds a ski from scratch is an oem.

Technically no, they would have to sell 200 units to be homologated (SP) [ approved] At one time they dropped that number to 100 units. That is 100 units sitting on dealers floors. Not in a warehouse at the MFG.

Yamaha 701cc (or 650cc)
Kawasaki 800cc (650cc or 750cc)
Polaris 777cc

Big Kahuna

Administrator
i was beat by an oem hull and another aftermarket hull at nats In Ams this year

I had 3 weeks on the ski, but shorter skis like My q8 it was hard to relearn hoodtricks for that event

So Oem Still has advantages...its all in riders skill level
When you win a national event you can turn Pro but dont have to.

JUST SAYIN....im not starting a war

Personally, I am not going to worry about someone else running an AM hull. Been there, done that.

But if you win Nationals, odds are you are ready to step up, if you dont, your sandbagging or the compitition was that bad! But I am talking about the guy that is doing flat water backy's, flairs, underflips, 2 - 3 rolls (double trouble).

I believe Jeff Lutker won this year, I have been competing with Jeff racing and freestyle for 10 years now. Is he ready to go Pro? I think he would agree, "No". He would be the exception. If I won Nats I am not at the level of most pro's I can barely land a roll clean. But I watched Ratti come up, He probably could have gone pro a year sooner. The kid that won it in 2008 is not far from that level. I have not seen you ride so I cannot judge.

Last edited:
So where did these rules come from. It seems somebody somewhere is unhappy and wants there cut of the non existent money or got beat by something they can't build.

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
Yup.

29.2.4 Hull and Deck Repairs: Hull and deck repairs may be made. However, these repairs must not alter the standard configuration by more than 2.00mm (0.08 in.). Hull, bulkhead and deck may be internally reinforced

Well damn, oh well its not like anyone will protest, atleast I hope :tapedshut:

Top Bottom