Worst/Best MOD youve done

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
guess its just the way I ride....

the scupper is one of my favorite mods... was worried at first since I didnt know how good it would work and thought maybe it would leak... have not used my bilge pump 1 time since I installed it.... and I can do submersion tricks almost back-to-back since it drains so fast... 3" xft monster valve... does not leak at all either... I never leave my ski sitting in the water for huge amounts of time though...

reinforcement is good for me since I try to go big.... if someone is just getting into the sport to mess around then I guess they could just wing it.... I want my hull to last a while... for freestyle its prob a good bang for the buck (if you do it yourself)

Last edited:

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
My WW cone just did not do that much by feel. It definitely didn't hurt and for 50 bucks.......

It's the combo of parts that work well together, not just one part.

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
Worst Mods:
Blowsion SJ Pole Spring - no better than stock $35 for nothing (solution bent the crap out of the stocker)
TBM SJ Pump Cone - to many variables (impeller, nozzle,etc...) $275 for the cone + $250 per impeller + countless hours of tuning for you setup (money spent on tweeking the pump cone could have put a health down payment on a Mag Pump)

Best Mods:
ODI Grips
Worx Intake Grate
Dry Pipe (Type 4, Speedwerx)
ADA Girdled Head

CaMo_FroG

2 new superjets 90-93
Best; shortened handle pole, elec BILGE, new turf(even tho it is a pain), MSD enhancer, straight handle bars, and im sure a b-pipe would be here if i could get one.....(footholds eventually too)

Worst; making a RN pole work on a SN bracket, changing the starter on the engine, painting and redoing hull.

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
I like my front and rear exhaust combo... it sounds good... front + rear is only too loud with an aftermarket waterbox from what I have read on here.... nothing wrong with the xft either... front is an easy mod though... I like the 2stroke smoke it throws out when I'm doing a tail stand! It doesnt give your ski anymore power though... so definately do the grate, prop, head, pipe, steering, and other important stuff first...

Last edited:
93 square (from stock form)

Best in order:
Footholds
shorter rn pole and straight bars
skat freestly prop
d cut (I like the nose higher)

worst:
modified hood (did nothing still takes on water like no other)
defoaming blah
refinishing the bottom (didnt last a month)

B pipe though nice sounding didnt do much for performance, would I sell it hell no.

4k later still happy with the square

Q

QuickMick

Worst Mods:
Blowsion SJ Pole Spring - no better than stock $35 for nothing (solution bent the crap out of the stocker)
TBM SJ Pump Cone - to many variables (impeller, nozzle,etc...) $275 for the cone + $250 per impeller + countless hours of tuning for you setup (money spent on tweeking the pump cone could have put a health down payment on a Mag Pump)

Best Mods:
ODI Grips
Worx Intake Grate
Dry Pipe (Type 4, Speedwerx)
ADA Girdled Head

Best mod. Purchasing a good built sj from Yamacat. All the above was already on the ski.
I have only added the dual cooling, hood straps, limit rope, -2 hand pole - my best mod-

Last edited by a moderator:

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
Best mod. Purchasing a good built sj from Yamacat. All the above was already on the ski.
I have only added the dual cooling, hood straps, limit rope, -2 hand pole - my best mod-

Thank you, Quickmick. The credit goes to Steeldogg and Tricky1. My role was purely parts procurement. I love the finishing touches you have done to the square. :purr: That ski could not have found a better home.

Best Mod - Get my husband to shorten my stock pole.

SuperDrifter

Prototyper
Site Supporter
worst mod: deep scoop intake, wish it were my Aquavein, hooked up much better, under ALL conditions. (it's at the bottom on the lake though)

best mod: having the right combo, intake grate/prop.

After reading this thread, I'm replacing my WW cone back to stock. With bored nozzle, and stubbie, I realize now it could be working against me.

anyone else agree w/ the stubbie & boring nozzle combo?

Top Bottom