Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Hit search
Enter xmetal waterbox

Plenty info. They all say it's loud. I can confirm. :biggthumpup:

ANT

Just ride
You know what I did with the x-metal box that actually worked awesome, I have front exhaust, but when I want it to be quieter like when I'm riding near houses and such I used the block off that blowison sends with their internal fuel filler, cap the front exhaust out of the waterbox then, since the block off is a recuder, I clamped the front exhaust hose onto the end of the reducer and no more front exhaust. I can open it back up if I want to ride ocean or something too where noise isnt an issue. Minimal work and if your gas tank is empty(easier to take out) it takes about 5 minutes to put on/off.

Last edited:

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
You know what I did with the x-metal box that actually worked awesome, I have front exhaust, but when I want it to be quieter like when I'm riding near houses and such I used the block off that blowison sends with their internal fuel filler, cap the front exhaust out of the waterbox then, since the block off is a recuder, I clamped the front exhaust hose onto the end of the reducer and no more front exhaust. I can open it back up if I want to ride ocean or something too where noise isnt an issue. Minimal work and if your gas tank is empty(easier to take out) it takes about 5 minutes to put on/off.

I think this is going to be the new way of waterbox thinking. I'm debating doing this.

I'd also run a pisser from the pipe into the exhaust hose prior to exiting the front. Shuts it up some.

Let it all hang when riding out in the open, but keep the peace and respect for the locals when riding inland.

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
I was looking into exhaust valves for a while so that I could open and close the front exhaust remotely. I did find some options, but they were expensive. They were designed mainly for people who wanted to run a straight through exhaust in a car, but needed an option to run through a muffler too. Kind of like a cigar boat that has a harbor mode and an open ocean mode.

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
My buddys 32' Velocity just has baffles that are actuated by pulling a lever in the dash, 1 for each pipe. And this boat is stupid loud....

I wouldn't mind pulling the tank to swap out an exhaust cap now and than. I'd leave it as rear only, and when I felt like it or got around to it I'd open it up for eacah ride.

DsmRacing

Wannabe Freerider
I could be wrong, but I believe this is what you guys are referring too, street racers, etc use these to lower the db's from running straight exhaust, they open it up when there ready to throw down...anyhow, I just went straight 3".

This could work, and replace that expensive T in the exhaust kits and you could mount it on the dash, where the choke cable was at. They have electrical and manual, and block off kits.

Attachments

• 7205424.gif
    7205424.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 51

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
I could be wrong, but I believe this is what you guys are referring too, street racers, etc use these to lower the db's from running straight exhaust, they open it up when there ready to throw down...anyhow, I just went straight 3".

This could work, and replace that expensive T in the exhaust kits and you could mount it on the dash, where the choke cable was at. They have electrical and manual, and block off kits.

Yes, that's it. Where did you find that? I'd still like to do that on my ski.

DsmRacing

Wannabe Freerider
There called "exhaust cut-outs", jegs.com is one of the places that sells them. Just google exhaust cut-outs or muffler shops should have them. I was looking for an aluminum one, but no luck yet, sure someone makes them.

So, if you could block off the front exhaust when needed, are there gains...Looking to shed some weight off my ski.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Makes no difference, IMHO.

Some say it does, but I just don't think so. It certainly sounds more powerful, and that can mislead people into thinking it actually is more powerful.
I get the whole "less exhaust restriction" thing, but you can get nearly the same effect by drying out the stock waterbox.

Oh, and to be clear - I do have an XMW waterbox and run it. I like it, but the primary reason for liking it is the light weight.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Not enough to warrant paying full price for one. :bigok:
I got mine for $70 plus OEM box.

Last edited:
Not enough to warrant paying full price for one. :bigok:
I got mine for $70 plus OEM box.

This was my X-metal that I got rid of because it was to loud. It didn't just piss off people out trying to enjoy the lake. The guys I ride with were annoyed by it. I could never talk to anyone riding beside me or in a boat. It was that loud. I did not notice any increase in power with it, and I believe the weight savings was 2 lbs. under the stock box. Just not worth it to me. I recently heard of a guy in AL who was thrown off his lake by the water patrol because it was to loud. GO STOCK AND SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!:cool2:

pyro723

Daytona fireworks guy!!!
Just picked up a new exhaust cutout for 28 bucks.

Attachments

• mrg_5424_500.jpg
    mrg_5424_500.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 19
Top Bottom