YAMA-SAKI best of both worlds build (701 in a750sx)

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
slight problem. The kawi and yami factory head pipes are diffrent the bolts hole are rotated diffrently i cannot use the kawi head pipe. I will try and see if the yami head pipe will work on kawi chamber

Last edited:

Waternut

Customizing addict
Pretty sure the angle the mounting holes are oriented is the only real difference between the FP head pipes. Do you have a spare head pipe laying around or are you going to rob tbaer's for a test fitment?

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
i do not have a spare. i really dont want to rob travis's pipe. I might have a a buddy in savanah that has a spare. My motor is still not here yet, travis is the one that bought it and he is on a cruise so i have no idea where that thing is or when i will get it

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
here is the thread of all the kawi stuff i have for sale
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/p=825833&posted=1#post825833

also if anybody has seen this swap of done it before. Could you let me know about exhuast setup and the ebox mounting. For the exhuast i havent tried yet but i think i can use the Yamaha factory pipe head pipe with my kawi chamber. For the ebox the only idea i have is to try and mount it on the bulkhead but the exhuast tube is in the way.....

I need to get the motor here so i can start playing with it

Last edited:
Are you just using the kawi pipe because you already have it or will the limited or mod b pipe chambers not fit? I've been thinking of doing the same swap on an sxi and I picked up a stock 61x for $100 but am not sure if the b pipe will fit with crabs conversion plates. Good luck with the build...I'll be following it closely.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
well i was trying to use the kawi chamber because of the the waterbox. I am not sure if the b pipe will fit. I have one in the garage i could try but with that you would have to make a front waterbox. I know the kawi chamber will work its jsut a matter of if the yami head pipe will work with it

well i was trying to use the kawi chamber because of the the waterbox. I am not sure if the b pipe will fit. I have one in the garage i could try but with that you would have to make a front waterbox. I know the kawi chamber will work its jsut a matter of if the yami head pipe will work with it

I see. I didn't know you were planning on keeping the stock waterbox.

Yohns Kustom Fabrikation

Pushing The Limits
This popped up in a thread today. Would be worth it if you can save having to buy a new manifold and head pipe. Someone else was saying that only the manifold angles are different and the head pipes are the same. I'll try to confirm or deny that tomorrow.

http://www.blowsion.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=01-01-060

Thats for going the other way it says. Using a Yami pipe on a Kawi. Looks like it could still be used with some modification but the ports on the adapter and probably the manifold would have to be opened up quite a bit to flow as well as the correct manifold

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
it looks like it might work. just using that bolting to yamaha 701 and then using all my kawasaki exhaust. Like you said maybe just the ports and slight modification. I ll call blowsion in a little bit and see what they say. thanks for the find john

Waternut

Customizing addict
Heck I figured even if you have to bevel the edges on the other side of the port, it would be a lot easier and cheaper. Hope it works out. Maybe Blowsion would make it the other way if you ask but who knows on that.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
i am gonna call at noon since they are three hours behind. I may have to counter sink the yamaha holes so the bolts dont hit the manifold. I am sure i can make it work though.

If i buy that then all i need to buy is a girled head, and some F/As. and my motor is still not here so i kinda need that too

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
well all of blowsion is at havasu. the problem i am seeing with that is that the bolts for the kawi manifold will slid right threw those holes. So unless i can drill out my manifold tap the conversion plate and use a slightyl larger bolt then it might work

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
still waiting on my motor, but i have been getting some of the small stuff i have need to do to my ski for awhile done. It wont be long after i get the motor to get her going again!

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
some new pics coming tomorrow. It looks like i will need a Yami Factory pipe manifold for the build. I got the motor test fitted and did a mock up using travis' cases as well. I will post tomorrow of the progress

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
well the motor fits in there. My exhaust is gonna be real tight since the yamaha motor sits farther forward due to the coupler differances.

I am gonna get a Yamaha Factory pipe manifold and fab up and bracket for between the manifold and head pipe to correct the roatation of the bolt holes.

John that blowsion plate will not work. The exhaust does not have any room to move farther away from the motor.

Right now i am waiting on some funding from selling my kawi stuff, and waiting on a refund from someone via paypal. Then i will get back to ordering everything else. MSD, FP manifold, Electronics to JSS, and pick up my dual carbs (already got dual 44's just need to pick up when i do the porting on the cylinder.)

sorry for crappy cell phone pics i forgot to bring my camara to travis house. I will take better pictures this upcoming weekend. Yes nothing is bolted down. there isnt even pistons or bolts thats travis' block with my head and exhaust just to see what it would look like.

If anybody has a cheap factory pipe manifold let me know.

Attachments

• 1024091941.jpg
    1024091941.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 1024091941a.jpg
    1024091941a.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 1024091956.jpg
    1024091956.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Top Bottom