YAMA-SAKI best of both worlds build (701 in a750sx)

Did you make your own conversion bed plate? For some reason I thought you were using crab's but I went back to the original post and realized it never said. Looks like the stock bed plate though...very interested.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Did you make your own conversion bed plate? For some reason I thought you were using crab's but I went back to the original post and realized it never said. Looks like the stock bed plate though...very interested.

not using crabs. its is a stock bed plate welded up for the 701. It just moves the motor forward a little and raises it up slightly. i can take a picture of that as well when every i get back over to travis' house again. Might be tomorrow to ship some parts!

Last edited:
not using crabs. its is a stock bed plate welded up for the 701. It just moves the motor forward a little and raises it up slightly. i can take a picture of that as well when every i get back over to travis' house again. Might be tomorrow to ship some parts!

Ya post pics!

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
pics coming friday or saturday. I am doing my porting and picking up my carbs friday. probably get my engine all painted up and start redoing my tray (maybe). I am just gonna add a front foot hold/leftside hold, make sure foam in back aint wet and returf.

I made a nice aluminum plate today at work that mounts in the stock kawi ebox location so i can mount the yamaha box to that plate.

I am dieing to ride this in Daytona. I imagine it is gonna be a really nice feel. I am curious as to how a Kawi pump will hit with a 701 though.

If this works pretty easily I could see some SXi hulls making comebacks maybe...

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Kawi foam doesn't absorb water...don't worry about it.

well i know there is not enough glass back there on the fire extingisher holes and i wanna do the front hold so now is a good time i suppose

I am dieing to ride this in Daytona. I imagine it is gonna be a really nice feel. I am curious as to how a Kawi pump will hit with a 701 though.

If this works pretty easily I could see some SXi hulls making comebacks maybe...

I cant wait to ride it myself!!!!lol

i am hoping it works out well. yami motor/electronice with the kawi FP champer and Kawi pump all in a light hull that handles great!
I ll make sure to get some more pics this weekend so other people that might want to do this can see excatly what i did. I already had some nice decals made so the ski now says YAMAHA POWERED on top the hood!

Last edited:

Waternut

Customizing addict
well i know there is not enough glass back there on the fire extingisher holes and i wanna do the front hold so now is a good time i suppose

These pictures were taken during and after my idiotic custom footholds. All that open area in the tray was done with NO fiberglass. I glued the turf straight to the foam and ran like that all summer. Yes it was stupid...no the foam isn't wet. If you defoam the kawi stuff, you'll forever fight the yamaha battle of wetfoam.

Attachments

• tray.jpg
    tray.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 227
  • turf.JPG
    turf.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 187

Waternut

Customizing addict
Just as a note of caution. Ther exhaust tube runs down the right side of the tray so you can't make them full length on the right side.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
right i was only gonna do the left. But since you told me i dont need to worry about water i might just do a front foothold and no sides to save Money so i dont have to buy turf. I have turf left over to do the dash and hold. I ll probably start on that today. I got my camara with me so i ll be snapping some photos.

tbaer

USMC
well jordan and i found a gold mine today! he picked up a 760 with dual 44's that will be going in his 750sx sometime soon. he is going to use the 62t/61x for now. pics coming soon.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
yup i also got a 760!!!! I wont build that for awhile i want to do that motor all out like ported cases and what not. it needs a bore and top end. so right now its sitting in the shed. however my 62t/61x is about ready to go as soon as the cylinder gets ported.

Here is a few pics of the bottom end sittin in there, the bed plate, and travis workbench. theres three motors on the bench, two on the floor, one 760 in the shed, one 750 bottom end, and plenty of extra parts laying around. (motor on bench with kawi bed plate is mine)

and i traded my 61x bottom end for one of travis 62t bottom ends so i will run the 62t with a 61x cylinder. which is suppose to be the best setup from what i hear..

Attachments

• P1000615s.jpg
    P1000615s.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 229
  • P1000613s.jpg
    P1000613s.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 239
  • P1000614s.jpg
    P1000614s.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 223
  • P1000617s.jpg
    P1000617s.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
NICE! I dig being able to use the stock bedplate. Not so sure about having to grind a hole in it so close to the motor mount though...seems like a potentially weak spot for a crack in the future. Could you weld up some kind of backing plate around it for strength? My computer doesn't zoom in too well, did you just weld a couple of nuts on the bed plate as spacers along with a small extension? Looking good so far!

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
ya i welded nuts on as spacers. Didnt have the holes drilled in that picture. The original holes in the back have to be welded shut and then the nuts welded on. I could put something behind it but the motor mount is still completly in tack so it should be alright.

i also made a plate for the ebox i ll post pics of that up soon

Waternut

Customizing addict
Porting was always a pain because I was too cheap to buy the real nice porting bits and settled for other bits that took forever. I like that blue engine in the picture...looks nice.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
blue engine is a 650 of travis'. i am getting there but having a few set backs the plate i made for the ebox needs some modification but i will work so i am getting there. My engine is ported and built

Top Bottom