Yamaha Octane build

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
wow, you think that lamey powered octane is capable of flatwater backflips? Its got to be a killer ski, i cant wait to ride it, we are coming back the week of the 22nd

I think the hull needs to be cut like yours, but when I had it out Monday I did a backflip setup wake... turned into it... dipped in... grabbed the throttle and it launched way past vertical (without pulling the trim and without me leaning/looking back). And it got lots of airtime, I wasn't expecting such a long fall back to the water, kinda scared me! In the right hands, I think its capable!

I wont be back in town until the 22nd, late in the afternoon. then I'll be unpacking, etc.

late night, teaser pic. Lukes motor's here but he doesn't have a ski so we are going to test in the octane friday and all weekend.

Attachments

• worldfinals 001.jpg
    worldfinals 001.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 121
  • octane1200 006.jpg
    octane1200 006.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 216
Im hangin up the wetsuit if I cant get a bottom to bottom outa this setup, ha ha haha. I just figured more power would someday overcome ********ty technique, maybe this will do. In the words of Spongebob, "Well.., good luck with that"??? HA HA So excited for the pond at lunch today, trial run, WOOOO!!!!!!!

Skywalker :wavey:

flash you need to do another build, i need some more inspiration. I have video of todays test but its boring, motor breaking in and we cant jump the ski until i get my beefy motor mounts in. Not to mention we were in our clothes and didnt want to get wet over lunch break.

Luke and I ended mounting the motor at a slant, just like my other setup. We had clearence problems using jeff's upright kit because my octane has a different motor mount area and thickness than sj's or rev's. I ran out of proper fittings on fuel lines so its a mess now, but i'll tidy it up later

Attachments

• octane1200 009.jpg
    octane1200 009.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 101
  • octane1200 010.jpg
    octane1200 010.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 60
  • octane1200 013.jpg
    octane1200 013.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 64
  • octane1200 011.jpg
    octane1200 011.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 67
Here's a short video of us breaking it in. We are not letting the motor rev too high or getting crazy with it until the weekend. Had to stay dry to go back to work after lunch break. This motor hits like a freight train, i'm eager to get it dialed in better as it is not prop'd or completely tuned. But you can tell by the video its starting to run well.

Hope to post a good action video after the weekend.

YouTube - 1200cc waterdawg motor in polaris octane

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
Very nice.

Can't wait to see it up close. Now all you need is sunny day and 30 MPH wind. Wait that is the forecast for Saturday. How lucky can you be.

Top Bottom