Yamaha Octane build

reworked the trim cable mounting at the pivot ring. the trim cable doesn't bind as sharply now when the nozzle goes up and down when jumping. that extra linkage that comes with the nozzle is unneccesary. It caused my cable to fray quickly. I just drilled a hole in a nut and bolt and eliminated all that stuff, you tighten the bolt and it pinches the washer against the cable. It's much easier to adjust.
before and after pics

Attachments

• octanepump%20006.jpg
    octanepump%20006.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 88
  • newtrimcable 003.jpg
    newtrimcable 003.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 113
there were superjet motor mounts, anyone running the bigger motor should upgrade the motor mount, could have been alot worse. Luckily no damage other than the mounts and coupler cover the couplers are chewed up but still work. Easy fix ski is up an running today, finally tried a prop that lugged the bottom end. ( 18/25) 16/23 spins a bit, 18/25 is to much so I going to send my 15/20 to get pitched to a 17/22.

I've got some good parts coming this coming week, i'm going to try the powervalves again since new pipe has more pressure than the old one and should open them up all the way.

Jumper

What! What!
Not yet. I am getting my knee and the rest of my body ready. Getting close. Been pretty big surf here lately and I am not physically ready yet. How is your knee?

Can't wait till you guys come up in Jan.

Y

yamaslut

Not yet. I am getting my knee and the rest of my body ready. Getting close. Been pretty big surf here lately and I am not physically ready yet. How is your knee?

Can't wait till you guys come up in Jan.

come out sometime Jumper... we'll hit up the beach break... it's in the same spot as it is for the freeride now...

Jumper

What! What!
come out sometime Jumper... we'll hit up the beach break... it's in the same spot as it is for the freeride now...

Thanks Nick, I will definately come out. I met you once when I moved down here before. I came down to Smyrna with my girlfriend at that time, Christy. I didn't have my skis with me. We were just checking everything out.

In another few weeks I will be more comfortable on my knee. It was wrecked pretty good this summer and is almost back to as normal as it gets. It looks like you will all be riding down at Sebastian this next weekend. I may come down just to meet people and all that. My furniture may be delivered though, so I will have to play all that by ear.

Thanks again brother! Oh, by the way, if you can get your hands on Tom's ski in Jan. you should. It has a pretty unique feel. Very controllable in terms of handling and power, but hits hard and carves hard. Really interesting combination.

Y

yamaslut

Thanks Nick, I will definately come out. I met you once when I moved down here before. I came down to Smyrna with my girlfriend at that time, Christy. I didn't have my skis with me. We were just checking everything out.

In another few weeks I will be more comfortable on my knee. It was wrecked pretty good this summer and is almost back to as normal as it gets. It looks like you will all be riding down at Sebastian this next weekend. I may come down just to meet people and all that. My furniture may be delivered though, so I will have to play all that by ear.

Thanks again brother! Oh, by the way, if you can get your hands on Tom's ski in Jan. you should. It has a pretty unique feel. Very controllable in terms of handling and power, but hits hard and carves hard. Really interesting combination.

ok... yeah, I remember meeting you... hope to see ya next weekend..

oh, I will be begging Mr. Ramjett for a ride on that beast, for sure... I love octanes

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
I think Mr. Ramjett should come to PISMO with RMBC next week so you can get a ride on it.

:pokey:

I second that!!! :pokey: Tom... load that ski up and lets go hit the Cali surf!!! Consider it a "test run" for Daytona!

Glory got a taste of lightweight yamaha powered Octane this weekend! We see flatwater backflips in the 8-ball next season!!!

Top Bottom