Your worst injury pic, post em up.

Pre op...

05250817201.jpg

Post op... Two plates, 17 screws...

450010.jpg

450011.jpg

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
I just found this thread. Here's my contribution. The first one is from bailing on a BR and catching the back of the ski with my chin. The 2nd and 3rd one is from trying to learn supermans and landing on the ski. This had to be drained with the biggest needle I have ever seen. The 4th one is an MRI of a torn quad from having the rideplate land on my leg. 6 months of physical therapy before I could ride again. The 5th one is me being drunk at a party and trying to show off.

Attachments

• mikes new gash.JPG
    mikes new gash.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 107
  • hematoma2.jpg
    hematoma2.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 83
  • hematoma3.jpg
    hematoma3.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Mike MRI cropped.jpg
    Mike MRI cropped.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 106
  • myface2.jpg
    myface2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
The first one is a rare condition that came with the torn quad where the body thinks the bone is broken and re-grows new bone in the muscle. That sucked.
The rest of the pics are from my worst injury, a compound tib/fib break from the 2007 ifwa finals in pismo from flat landing a backflip. 8 days in the hospital and 50 stitches from where the bone came out. Its been almost a year and I'm finally getting back on my feet

Attachments

• Mike miositis.jpg
    Mike miositis.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Serlin shattered tibfib.jpg
    Serlin shattered tibfib.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Tib fib.jpg
    Tib fib.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 119
  • serlin repaired tibfib.jpg
    serlin repaired tibfib.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 76
R

ridethelip

laundry list of good time injuries

left ankle (screwed and plated back together) parasailing behind a pickup truck in the desert. go ahead laugh it up! that was just stupid!
Right hand riding bmx
left wrist skateboarding
left foot big toe broken riding moto in the desert
right arm no hardware doc suggested I declined.arm is crooked and goes numb after holding phone.swapped on take off doing table top riding moto
split chin open twice riding in the surf requiring stiches
nose the ski's bond rail hit me riding in the surf. Watch out when you let go it will come back to get you.
Give up moto or jetskiing in the surf................. NO WAY!

Speleopower

got a Superjet
Aortic valve transplant surgery. The x-ray shows my wires across my breastbone.
Shoulder got the dremel tool to remove bone.
Broken ankle.

Attachments

• chest 12days.JPG
    chest 12days.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Jan 2007 X-ray.JPG
    Jan 2007 X-ray.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 112
  • MVC-849F.JPG
    MVC-849F.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 84
  • broken leg march 2001.JPG
    broken leg march 2001.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Looks now like I might have a torn meniscus in my knee, that explains a lot now that I can sort of walk, MRI on monday weather permitting........:bananapowerslide:

oldskoo

local jackass
wow glad to see im not the only moron on here lol i gotta find some x-ray pics and such...
broke nose in 3 places bone hanging out,shatterd both cheek bones(great surgery)
broke nose twice since then(now its huge and uglyer)
broke pattela>? in knee(most pain ever felt) (lifting and throwing a fat guy in a fight)
27 stiches in leg laceration
cracked sternum (twice)
lotta broken fingers and a few toes(have one right now w/ out a finger nail yeaaaa)
im sure theres alot more i dont remeber

SXR-FOREVER

Finally Flippin
wow..got some nasty injuries on here!!

all I've have broken is a pinky toe from stubbing it and broke my knuckle on a steel door - I'll see if I can find those pics.

Other than that I blew my back out landing flat off a huge boat wake the day before my 18th bday - dont think I have riden as hard since.

Mike W

Infidel
The first one is a rare condition that came with the torn quad where the body thinks the bone is broken and re-grows new bone in the muscle. That sucked.
The rest of the pics are from my worst injury, a compound tib/fib break from the 2007 ifwa finals in pismo from flat landing a backflip. 8 days in the hospital and 50 stitches from where the bone came out. Its been almost a year and I'm finally getting back on my feet

Damn, I feel your pain on that one. I had a tib/fib compound fracture from a 3 wheeler accident when I was 16 (1986). 2 operations, 3 months in a cast and months of physical therapy sucked. It also got infected and I came close to having my foot amputated.

Top Bottom