2 STROKE VS> 4 STROKE OPINIONS WANTED!!!

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Im interested in
#2 Reliability: 4 stroke reliability is generally much better. Firing at half the rate and having the motor basically bathed in oil at all times gives the egde of longevity to the 4s.

- Cost is a non issue for me. 2s are cheaper to make but more expensive to maintain. 4s are more expensive to make but rarely require much more than oil changes.
- If you say one makes more power than the other your ignorant. Its all sport specific.

Are you sure about these points ??
Valve seat recission and broken timing chains toom more people out of mx than I would care to count.

Im not sure what four stroke you are running but they are very expensive to fix and maintain

Ronnie Renner didn't care about weight when he won step up on a 4 stroke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats a great point. thanks for speaking for ronnie renner. I get it. its a forum everybody just wants to haggle with each other. cool. I was just speaking in general those would be my points of opinion.

I respectfully disagree^^^^^^^^ There is demand for an affordable ski that meets the desires of the current riders (freestyle). There will never be demand for the type of ski kawi wants to put out there though. If there wasn't demand, we wouldn't have a million aftermarket builders all making money.
They would produce skis as long as "they" were in control of competition events and could exclude the everyone else. Can you race a one of a kind bike at a major AMA event?

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
Im interested in

Are you sure about these points ??
Valve seat recission and broken timing chains toom more people out of mx than I would care to count.

Im not sure what four stroke you are running but they are very expensive to fix and maintain

Most issues i see with 4 stroke breaking down is due to poor maintenance. The early model 250F(04-05) had valve issues and honda's 250F still has valve issues lol. If you keep up on maintenance a 4 stroke with outlast a 2 stroke. 4s are more expensive to over haul but wont need to be rebuilt as often as 2s.

jahimmelspach

Having A Blast
WTF he doesnt know what hes talking about lol he needs to stick with designing things lol and not try to be a mechanic.... but its impossible to argue with ignorant people... so post ur opinions!!

Remember, you're intelligent when you know you know nothing. who was the ignorant person in the argument?

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Most issues i see with 4 stroke breaking down is due to poor maintenance. The early model 250F(04-05) had valve issues and honda's 250F still has valve issues lol. If you keep up on maintenance a 4 stroke with outlast a 2 stroke. 4s are more expensive to over haul but wont need to be rebuilt as often as 2s.
But your saying that two strokes are more expensive to maintain.
I would disagree with that one. i have seen so many lunched 4 stroke mx bikes with riders in tears. I would never own one

Half flip95

Formerly pondracer95
But your saying that two strokes are more expensive to maintain.
I would disagree with that one. i have seen so many lunched 4 stroke mx bikes with riders in tears. I would never own one

The four stroke basic maintenance is marginally more expensive.
4 stroke -More frequent oil changes, Valve Adjustments.
vs
2 stroke - Premix

In the long run a 450 is cheaper than a 250 2smoke. All those 2 strokes are 10+ years old now. You buy some old 2-smoke thinking your saving money by avoiding a valve job, but then you find yourself replacing all sorts of odd and ends on a bike that seriously lacks in performance.

Valve adjustments are essentially free if you do them yourself.
All the 250fs are prone to have valve issues because you have to rev the piss out of them to get anywhere fast.
Ive been on Honda 450s for the last 10 years and have only had to replace valves once. Those machines are rock solid.

This thread has just turned into the age old motocross 2 vs 4 debate. That one is 10+ years old now like pondracer said. The points I was speaking on have to do with the industry as a whole. Race motors will always require more up keep than recreational motors. How many valve adjustments and blown timing belts/chains do you have on a sport car or bike? I have a CBR 929 thats 14 years old now. Oil change every year thats it. 4 Stroke Yamaha snowmobiles are running 30,000+ miles on a motor! Thats unheard of on the 2's. Now would I take One of those out west with me to Wyoming. Hell no because my Summit 800 2stroke twin weights 100lbs less and when your in the DEEP pow carving around trees weight is everything.

Tommygunz

Team PHP
I was a moto racer for 18 years and when I turned pro I wanted to race 125 and 250 A in Wisconsin and got a YZF 250 for the 125 class because I was heavier and raced a CR 250 in the 250 class. This was back in 2002-2003. I could make jumps in Arenacross races on my 4 stroke that I couldn't on my 2 stroke and continued to ride more and better on my 4 stroke than I ever could on my 2 stroke. Again I know the ski world is a whole different story and the 2 stroke motors we build at PHP are the ticket for me:)

Remember, you're intelligent when you know you know nothing. who was the ignorant person in the argument?
keep all your negative comments to yourself lol. if youve read this thread at all youd see that opinions for both are pretty equal so why bud in with a comment not to do with this topic?

2 strokes go brapp, 4 strokes go burpp

If I remember correctly AMA and Moto GP switched to 4 stroke because the big four didn't want to develop two different technologies.
Moto GP might have one class (250?) where 2 strokes can still run.

The biggest push from 4 to 2 was the emissions standards in the late 90s-now. 2 strokes are catching up in emissions now that Direct Injection is around and reliable.

In the Duck/Fishing boat world, there is a whole following of guys that won't touch 4 stroke outboards, me being one of them. You can't lay them on their side...how do you portage the dam thing then? Small Boat transoms were never made for the weight of the 4 strokes that are out today. Warranty claims galore in the Aluminum boat realm.

and just to be clear, 2 strokes don't always push more RPMs. 7000rpm is peak average for stand up jet ski engines. Sport bikes and Formula one pull 12k+ all day. 4 strokes were limited to 8000 Rpms until mechanical closing valves were utilized, springs melted or just couldn't keep up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmodromic_valve

and if you didn't know there are a lot of 2 stroke Diesels being used in heavy industry. From coach buses to ships.
because sport bikes have typically have more than 2 cylinders LOL of course they pull more rpms XD. So do F1 cars, how many cylinders do those have? alot more than a 2 cylinder 2 stroke jet ski engine, thats why they pull many more rpms lol. and yes 7000 rpms for 2 stroke ski engines is the typical rpm for them, but a 2 stroke dirt bike engine compared to a 4 stroke dirt bike engine, the 2 stroke pulls way more rpms, a typically weed wacker 2 stroke 50cc engine pulls 10,000 plus rpms. how do we go from talking about ski and dirt bike engines to f1 indy cars?

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Top Bottom