2008 super jet release date 8/20/07 12pm EST

I believe it must first be registered in another state, but not sure. Cali and NY guys help us out with this one.
I'll be happy to ride, ummm I mean register it in NC for you. Just as long as you understand the ski will have to be here for at least a weekend and it may have a few hours on it by the time it gets to you. :scratchchin:

well ok, i guess that was a stupid question i know i have to buy it out of state but the real question is how do i register it here.
ive heard a couple different things, one being to register it once, then re-register it as used...anybody know?
any help would be awesome!
thanks
Chris

Edit:
I'll be happy to ride, ummm I mean register it in NC for you. Just as long as you understand the ski will have to be here for at least a weekend and it may have a few hours on it by the time it gets to you. :scratchchin:

hahaha it depends on how desperate i get.

Last edited:
i've registered two BRAND new SXR's in CA. The people in the DMV might be the dumbest on the planet. There is nothing in the system that flags the 2 stroke. You just go in, show the title or proof of origin from manufacturer, tell them how much you paid for it and they are eager to take your tax money and 15 bucks for registration for 2 yrs.

Cypher09

SuperJet N00b
i've registered two BRAND new SXR's in CA. The people in the DMV might be the dumbest on the planet. There is nothing in the system that flags the 2 stroke. You just go in, show the title or proof of origin from manufacturer, tell them how much you paid for it and they are eager to take your tax money and 15 bucks for registration for 2 yrs.

From what I hear it's the same process in NY.

It's not that they are dumb it's just not an issue. The few people that actually buy brand new two strokes out of state and then register them in CA is small. Sure people do it but they do it on used craft also.

The victory for carb is not having new two-stroke watercraft available for sale in CA. That alone limits the numbers. So don't think you pulled one over, they know what's going on.

JC

Last edited:
on the euro site is says the wide rn will have the qsts system(quick shift trim system), with five trim positions available!!!! If thats true and their not bring it to the us, im call bullshoit.

I saw that too, but I think that page is just showing general features for yamaha watercraft, not necessarily the superjet. It also talks about the NanoXcel hull material which is not part of the superjet.

It's not just the upside down part. It's mainly due to water injestion. Take 5 ski's out on a freeride and at least one of them, at least one time is going to sink and require reviving. It's a very simple process with a 2smoke, but would require several oil changes on a 4-stroke.

Frosty

New York Crew
I believe it must first be registered in another state, but not sure. Cali and NY guys help us out with this one.

From what I hear it's the same process in NY.

That's what is "supposed" to happen in NY... but like Matt Said... I bet they would never figure it out anyway... NYS is all about the tax dollars. When I moved back to NY from AL i had my truck, car, two skis and the trailer... they were so confused at the DMV they didn't even care... they just took my money and gave me plates and reg #'s...

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
I'm curious which current aftermarket Superjet parts will fit the new one. Just incase :scratchchin: Grate, plate, impeller, pump, etc...

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
That's what I'm affraid of. Motor stuff is easy, we know that hasn't changed. Usually the 1st thing you change on a New ski is the Intake Grate.

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
reduction nozzle and trim ring and stuff should fit... might make it really easy to make a CATS trim system.... I'll be interested to see if people use them and what throw they give with the position of the trim ring as it comes stock.... as far as I have read the trim ring is in a fixed position as it comes stock or something....

Top Bottom