62t big power options?

godocgo

sport
OK well sweet. Because I did notice the diff in those cases! Those things were heavily ported and they ripped!!

I guess I would do it again then if it was possible to make it permanent but I would still just prefer just slight machine work just to clear sleeves.

Sorry about the crack! Did you weld it up and run em?

no worries, like i mentioned it was impossible to see. it will be welded soon and used. i forgot all about them until a 2 months ago. i am going to put it in a freeride motor.

Group K 845cc Big Bore Modification

Includes Cylinder sleeving, boring, porting, head modification, cooling upgrade, crankcase boring, pistons, rings, pins, clips, & top end gasket set $1680

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I'd be extremely leery of an engine package that has only one overbore before you need new sleeves.

Also, I think the cases you used to have were epoxied by a hack that didn't know what he was doing.
Case porting/epoxying is done by many builders without problems.

So I hear.

I guess I would run them again if I had to but I would rather not. Its another hidden potential BS issue if a hack did it and you don't know it.

I am not to worried about overbores if using brand new crank and top end. I have gotten MAD hours out of my motors. I would think that if a hone and new rings were put in every 4th summer I would be golden for a while. And have mad brap.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Its another hidden potential BS issue if a hack did it and you don't know it.

So is cylinder porting, cylinder boring, honing, assembly, etc etc ad nauseum

The solution is to have a reputable shop do the work to known good parts.

Right? :bigok:

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
if your epoxy is falling out its because of bad prep not a fault of the epoxy

that thread that harry wrote about strokers etc has so many mistakes in it

The rad cranks are so mch smoother in the engine than stock stroke yamaha cranks

Also they are almost always long rod so its not an issue he forgot about the port time area as well you can get so much better with a longer stroke
as far as the port timing then put the spacer on top of the cylinder and not at the bottom and it works very well
I have ridden so any very smooth strokers that delieved huge power

I don't know but I would never resleeve them. After 8 or 10 sets of rings and 2 cranks and 2 over bores I would just send him another set of cylinders.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Why would you want to have another cylinder machined once you pay for all that machine work to be done?

The sleeves should come right out of the cylinder after it's heated up and new ones should drop right in.

Why would you want to have another cylinder machined once you pay for all that machine work to be done?

The sleeves should come right out of the cylinder after it's heated up and new ones should drop right in.

True true.

i thought about an lpw stroker, but quickly remembered all of my stroker motocross bikes that were very fast, and very fast to be in need of a rebuild. and when they weren't rebuilt on time, rod usually snaps and comes through the case.

Top Bottom