66e vs 951

So am I reading this thread correctly.

Korn should go Yami based Kawi hull. More and better options.

Isn't then new hull from EME or Rick Roy or whoever gonna me a multiple engine platform?

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
So am I reading this thread correctly.

Korn should go Yami based Kawi hull. More and better options.

Isn't then new hull from EME or Rick Roy or whoever gonna me a multiple engine platform?

For what the damn things cost they should all be multi engine platform!

crammit442

makin' legs
the cost thing is apples and ornges. the reason the 951 is cheaper is because no one makes a kit. you have to do it yourself. good luck getting the 951 with stock pipe in a superjet.

The biggest initial problem with the 800 platform is you are permanently at the mercy of Jeff. If you run his pipe or head you may be screwed if you have a problem. The second biggest problem is that I'm not sure there's anything special until they get BIG. Once they get big they get expensive like any other motor. The 951 is rippin right from the get go and the parts are redily available and through reputable companies.

ok, I did some searching and it looks like there is only about a 20 lb difference from the 800sxr to the 951, and that was with a stock pipe on the 951, so after ditching the stock pipe the power increase will be well worth the added weight. Im in! someone buy my 750 stuff!!

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
the cost thing is apples and ornges. the reason the 951 is cheaper is because no one makes a kit. you have to do it yourself. good luck getting the 951 with stock pipe in a superjet.

I'm not putting it in a Superjet, I'm putting it in a Trinity SXR...
...and yeah, there is a kit. :fing02: I am sticking with my SXR motor for 1 more season, but if I still want more power gain after dropping 95 pounds off my ski (who knows), then it is 951 for sure.

By the time I sell my Kawi Motor, Factory Pipe, Kawi Electronics, Vilder Flywheel, it'll almost be a free upgrade.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

Dry engine weight with electrics,starter etc 108 lbs with carbs,reeds and intakes 115 lbs with factory cast exhaust pipe 139 lbs,that was off a fairly accurate digital bathroom scale.

Scorn800

Ride for life
I'm not putting it in a Superjet, I'm putting it in a Trinity SXR...
...and yeah, there is a kit. :fing02: I am sticking with my SXR motor for 1 more season, but if I still want more power gain after dropping 95 pounds off my ski (who knows), then it is 951 for sure.

By the time I sell my Kawi Motor, Factory Pipe, Kawi Electronics, Vilder Flywheel, it'll almost be a free upgrade.

No there is not a kit to install a 951 in sxr.
It takes alot of fab work and some good redneck engineering:ugh2:

WFO Speedracer

No there is not a kit to install a 951 in sxr.
It takes alot of fab work and some good redneck engineering:ugh2:

Actually I believe there are now brackets made to bolt one in on the back holes,the front mount has to be glassed in,but it goes in flat ,not that big of a deal,there are couplers made for these,ignition systems and pipes,what else you want?:wavey:

Top Bottom