Super Jet 771 SuperJet Build

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
Ya seems easy, But I'm not planning on re-turfing and I'm somewhat worried about sealing the exhaust properly... I'm pretty positive my foam isn't wet...yet

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
So I made some tubbies and they actually turned out great! except I found out you cant use gel-coat with epoxy resin it doesn't bond very well, Along the edges the gel-coat chipped off but im going to install them and repair the gel-coat after, wont be able to even tell

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
So I didn't notice when I popped my tubbies out of the molds that one of the mods had twisted a little, when I tried to install them one side worked great! and the other not so much, couldn't get it to fit properly, So I'm on the fence about abandoning the tubbie idea, I'm really not to enthused about making another mold...maybe in the future, But Ive been thinking lately next year I'm going to need a aftermarket hull

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
So after lots of sanding to remove my tubbies, I primed a painted the sides then I went to throw my decal on and they sent me the wrong color!! I didnt notice until I actually put the decal on the one side, which color do you think looks better, I photo shopped the real one to the color I ordered
blackscream-1.jpg

blackscream.jpg

This years set-up will be
X-Scream 771
X-Scream Mod Dual 46
X-Scream Boysen Intake with Rad valves
X-Scream Trim
Jettinetics Flywheel
Epic Ecu
Im going to also shorten my hull 2"
Turf the rails, and also thinking about modifying the rear rails like to ricter
As far as the the pump set-up Im rocking the Hooker 11/17 Nozzle bored to 85mm

I would be open to opinions and ideas

Awesome man, that head is sick! I'm doing a similar build on my SJ. I bought a DASA big bore with 44's and ATP Epic. I'm also installing an Xmetal trim, and planning on cutting 2" off the rear. Hopefully going to get started here in a couple weeks.

I look forward to following your build. Make sure to keep posting pics!

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
So I've pretty much got my trim in today, With the X-Metal trim I had to remove the locking nut on the trim trigger so I could get enough slack in the cable I really don't like how much lack of "adjustment" there is with this set-up, The steering cable barrel is pretty much at the end of the trim cable.
Any thoughts on how I mounted the steering cable to the nozzle and the cable slightly binds when the trim is pulled and I turn the the left, Think its an issue?
add573ef.jpg

D-Roc

I forgot!
huh, did you fix that steering cable, you may want to open up the connector and push the cable thru a bunch and pinch that back together with the sleeve it mounts into. what is your cable binding on? i would grind anything in the way so it works. cables are expensive and a pain to swap out. where do you live and do who do you ride with?

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
I finished for the night, the cable is not even a year old so I would be surprised if it was broken but I wasn't sure, The part that's binding you can see in the picture in post #51, I live in western Canada ride with xj crawler 99% of the time, there is about 15 of us that I know of in the area

I got the rest today! If you Notice me cases match the head Ive ordered :)

b61f9c75.jpg

fd0e79ed.jpg

And My Back flip button

d475d806.jpg

I'm hoping to get it assembled this weekend the only thing I'm waiting for is my ADA head, should be here Friday, If I do I'm going to rig up a stand and test fire it out of the hull just to make it easier to switch flywheels and correct the timing, My issue is nobody has run the jetnettics flywheel with the Epic yet, So I'm not sure if its going to work....and yes I will be hooking the motor up to water

Morning Wood...............

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
Just got Jetmaniac's beefy steering cable swapped it today, After I pulled the old cable out my old one just popped back together and its as good as new....oh well, never hurts to have a back up cable, Here is a picture of my JSS order, looks super sexy!!
c03b3ed7.jpg

Top Bottom