Super Jet 771 SuperJet Build

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Go for it, you have nothing to lose... I know of two aftermarket cables that have broken with less than 3 months use. WHEN you replace it, buy OEM.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
Go for it, you have nothing to lose... I know of two aftermarket cables that have broken with less than 3 months use. WHEN you replace it, buy OEM.
Jetmaniac covers his cables for a year, So I guess we will see. If it breaks Ive got the OEM one I just took out...thats not even a year old yet

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
Normally I would do the same but this year Ive replaced everything but the waterbox and the gas tank, And now Ive got a back up cable!
Im going to be cutting my rear bond line today, do I need to epoxy or anything after Ive cut it? Ive got to make clearance for the nozzle, Ill probably have to almost cut right to the top of the bottom deck

D-Roc

I forgot!
if you cut the lip off then you will want to 80 grit the area and layup some glass over the bondline seam. you should probably remove that 3" of the bottom deck too while your at it. ;)

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
lol, I'll cut back if I have time, Ive got to have my ski ready by May long weekend If ive got time Ill shorten my ski, But first Ive got to fix my leaky motor, see if my Jettnettics flywheel will work with the Epic, Check Timing, Assemble everything...then Ill start cutting, And realistically speaking Ive only got 3 days left Ill be able to work on it, Then its just after work if there it time/energy lol

D-Roc

I forgot!
cutting your hull will take longer than three days so skip that and get the mechanics working first. then once your happy with that, work on getting that hull to handle better. may 24 weekend, can't wait. you guys out riding yet?

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
No, The lake has just started to open up, Friday there was about 20' of water off the beach, So we took the Blaster out to the lake and brought the sled back in to the city, With any luck might be able to ride the Blaster next weekend....But Ive also got my Superjet I want to get running! If I had a ski that I hadent ripped apart this winter I would have been riding in the river, its been open for around a month, Im guessing you havent been out yet?

D-Roc

I forgot!
i live in southern ontario and thaws out pretty quick. In my home town we have the grand river and it warms up very quick with the spring rain. we have been riding for 6 weeks or more now.

this is my back yard that floods.

Last edited by a moderator:

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
Big Bore Motors sound so sweet! and Ive still got a stock waterbox! Just have to seal the trim and Install the gas tank!
While I was assembling it I put oil on everything and man does my motor ever smoke right now ha ha

Last edited:

D-Roc

I forgot!
so you fired it up? i love that part. your all nervous and ansy wondering if you got it all right. haha. congrats on the first startup and no lean runaway, now if only it would warm up where you guys live.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
0d490438.jpg

Week or two left, Might take the blaster out shallow, Ive still got to seal my trim tube, I used 1/2 PVC, Still working on how to do that
and got to find a new primer pump

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
What should I do for flame arresters? Ive got aftermarket one with outer wears, but would it be a better idea to get some stock ones so I dont ingest a lot of water? for some reason my motor seemed to take on water last year, and ive got a newer hood seal with a WDK hood?

D-Roc

I forgot!
i use pro-k with outerwears, i don't seem to have water intrustion issues , and i like them better than the oem plastic ones, even if they don't keep water out as good.

Top Bottom