Super Jet 771 SuperJet Build

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Is everything assembled and tuned to spec?
Is the throttle response crisp?
What are you comparing it to?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
This years set-up will be
X-Scream 771
X-Scream Mod Dual 46
X-Scream Boysen Intake with Rad valves
X-Scream Trim
Jettinetics Flywheel
Epic Ecu
Im going to also shorten my hull 2"
Turf the rails, and also thinking about modifying the rear rails like to ricter
As far as the the pump set-up Im rocking the Hooker 11/17 Nozzle bored to 85mm

I would be open to opinions and ideas

Quote this here to save others from going back to see what else you did. I was thinking you were running your old carbs but I see you got the 46's, complete with intake.

Did you run the 11/17 before? I ran a 10/16 in my ported 760 and it was perfect, I wonder if the 11/17 isn't too big for it?

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
Ya, Thats what I'm thinking... But Orangefinger is running the exact same set-up I think, the motor itself runs great starts great no issues but my ported 701 had more punch with the 9/15...I was recommended that impeller by Dave I think I'll call him Monday, I think your right it has to be the impeller, because I assembled the motor perfect

Is everything assembled and tuned to spec?
Is the throttle response crisp?
What are you comparing it to?

Everything is to xmetal spec except the 11/17 Hooker, Thats what dave told me to run
Im comparing it to my ported 701 with dual 44 and a 9/15 Hooker

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I'm no expert, but I think a 13/18 concord is quite a bit less aggressive than an 11/17 hooker.

QJS

X-
You can't compare the Hooker pitches with concord pitches. Given that we use 11/17 hookers with 8mm strokers and they work really well I would say thats too much prop for your engine, I think a 10/16 would be better suited.
Chris.

13/18 solas concord, I'm horrible with pitch numbers is that more aggressive or less the my 11-17 hooker?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I'm no expert, but I think a 13/18 concord is quite a bit less aggressive than an 11/17 hooker.

You can't compare the Hooker pitches with concord pitches. Given that we use 11/17 hookers with 8mm strokers and they work really well I would say thats too much prop for your engine, I think a 10/16 would be better suited.
Chris.

I'm no expert either but if I rememeber correctly the 9/15 was being compared to the 12/17 concord as pretty even performance wise. If that's anything to go by, then then the 13/18 and 10/16 would be the next step up from either one of those.

BK has done a couple write ups on the 9/15 and 10/16 that spport this conversation as well.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
I think you guys are right, to aggressive for my little motor, Looks like Im goting to have to try a few this summer but the 11/17 has to go, That must be my issue

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
Art told me a pretty similar setup and is sending me one. I rode a big bore with this setup and it seemed to rip everywhere pulled like a freight train from bottom to top.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
I wasnt guessing, I just went with what the prop guy told me to do...but he was wrong, Im on my 4th tank of gas and Ive started to open it up a bit...dam thing hauls ass and thats only at 2/3 throttle I should start racing lol j/k!

Top Bottom