Super Jet 771 SuperJet Build

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Im on my 4th tank of gas and Ive started to open it up a bit...dam thing hauls ass and thats only at 2/3 throttle I should start racing lol j/k!

Now that's a clear sign you are overpropped! When I ran the 9/16, I topped out for speed around 2/3 throttle. I upgraded to the 10/16 and I lost just a touch of bottom end but gained in mid and more top speed than I could ever ask for.

Since Dave made the reccomendation, ask him if he will repitch it to the 10/16.

Last edited:

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
Now that's a clear sign you are overpropped! When I ran the 9/16, I topped out for speed around 2/3 throttle. I upgraded to the 10/16 and I lost just a touch of bottom end but gained in mid and more top speed than I could ever ask for.

Since Dave made the reccomendation, ask him if he will repitch it to the 10/16.

I havent even tried a WOT run yet at 2/3 throttle Im not topping out for speed the dam thing keeps going faster, after my 5th tank I will thats when I'm also going to swap from the MSD curve to xmetals curve, Ive sent Dave an email already we will see what he says

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
IMHO, it's best to follow builder's recommendations to a tee.

(Though I'd at that point consider a mag pump - close to the same price)

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
IMHO, it's best to follow builder's recommendations to a tee.

(Though I'd at that point consider a mag pump - close to the same price)

They really didnt tell me "run this impeller" I called and asked and they hummed and hawed then asked a guy that worked there who was running a 771 what he was running then told me to start there....

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
They really didnt tell me "run this impeller" I called and asked and they hummed and hawed then asked a guy that worked there who was running a 771 what he was running then told me to start there....

I'm surprised to hear that. When I got mine they went through a checklist of all the componants I should buy. Ignition, pump, & exhaust. They told me a mag would obviously be best, but since I already had the TBM stuffer I should just run it. The TBM seemed to be a required item on the pump checklist, if not going mag. He told me to get a 12/17 c75 swirl, and make sure I bore the nozzle to 85mm. If you dont think you are getting the right answers, I'd call up and talk to pat directly.

The xs771 has a VERY "lightswitchy" powerband. Once its on the pipe it F'ing screams and is snappy as hell. If your prop is too steep and not getting on the pipe fast, I bet that would be hurting its performance alot. I dont have an epic on my 771 RN, so it has the MSD enhancer curve. I set mine up exactly how they told me and I cant belive how hard it hits.

would it still hit hard with out the tbm supercone?

Not sure. I have always run one until I got a mag on the new boat.

Last edited:

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
I'm surprised to hear that. When I got mine they went through a checklist of all the componants I should buy. Ignition, pump, & exhaust. They told me a mag would obviously be best, but since I already had the TBM stuffer I should just run it. The TBM seemed to be a required item on the pump checklist, if not going mag. He told me to get a 12/17 c75 swirl, and make sure I bore the nozzle to 85mm. If you dont think you are getting the right answers, I'd call up and talk to pat directly.

The xs771 has a VERY "lightswitchy" powerband. Once its on the pipe it F'ing screams and is snappy as hell. If your prop is too steep and not getting on the pipe fast, I bet that would be hurting its performance alot. I dont have an epic on my 771 RN, so it has the MSD enhancer curve. I set mine up exactly how they told me and I cant belive how hard it hits.

Not sure. I have always run one until I got a mag on the new boat.

They didnt tell me anything, just took my cash, and if i didnt ask questions I didnt get answers, I had to send multiple emails asking about the impeller and never got a solid answer so I called Dave, wasnt overly Impressed with how things were handled...I would expect a check list but I never got one

4 tanks in and this motor hauls ass but it all to late to do any tricks lol

Last edited:

D-Roc

I forgot!
don't run the prop without the TBM. Call legdrag and get yourself the combo i said. stop spending money on all different pitches and get one that has been proven to work again and again and again.........

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
don't run the prop without the TBM. Call legdrag and get yourself the combo i said. stop spending money on all different pitches and get one that has been proven to work again and again and again.........

You are way too funny, i say, with as much conviction as you, that the 10/16 Hooker in the stock pump will not disappoint you either and will save you the cost of the TBM. I ran the same setup in my 07 and everyone that rode it said it was dialed in perfect.

P.S. This isn't a pissing match, just pointing out that there are always multiple solutions to every problem. Both Droc's and my suggestions are proven setups and either will work well, you just have to decide which suits your budget. Its always good to have options. :bigok:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
They didnt tell me anything, just took my cash, and if i didnt ask questions I didnt get answers, I had to send multiple emails asking about the impeller and never got a solid answer so I called Dave, wasnt overly Impressed with how things were handled...I would expect a check list but I never got one

4 tanks in and this motor hauls ass but it all to late to do any tricks lol

I have never emailed them, I always called. If you are not happy with how it was handled, you should call them and tell them.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
You are way too funny, i say, with as much conviction as you, that the 10/16 Hooker in the stock pump will not disappoint you either and will save you the cost of the TBM. I ran the same setup in my 07 and everyone that rode it said it was dialed in perfect.

P.S. This isn't a pissing match, just pointing out that there are always multiple solutions to every problem. Both Droc's and my suggestions are proven setups and either will work well, you just have to decide which suits your budget. Its always good to have options. :bigok:

I'm going to most likely get my 11/17 swapped for a 10/16 with Dave and run that since thats the cheapest route, I would like to get a mag pump, and Jetworks likes the C75 set-up as well, One of the guys I ride with has one on order so Ill swap that in after a week or two.

I dont think I'll buy a TBM tho just because its so close to getting a mag pump, Ill go that way if I head that route

I have never emailed them, I always called. If you are not happy with how it was handled, you should call them and tell them.

Ive thought about doing that but really what is it going to accomplish, If anybody has Pats direct email PM it to me I might shoot him some of my thoughts

Last edited:

D-Roc

I forgot!
you get faster pump priming and better hookup with just a prop vs a pump setup that uses a TBM? I am funny? :) I was trying to be serious. them TBM is more but works better than any oem pump combo i have ever tried with what ever prop.

Last edited:
I'm going to go with the legdrag combo in my ski, It's a good stepping stone in between just a prop and complete mag pump, if you want to upgrade later you can always sell the TBM /prop and make a good percent of your money back to put toward a mag.

Top Bottom