927cc 66v/e motor build

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
Nope.....I can't expalin that. My only theroy is that the forged aluminum piston and cast aluminum cylinder expand at different rates, potentially causing a piston seizure or cylinder scoring. I would think that the piston has to expand by a significant margin to do that kind of damage.

correct. all you have to do is make sure you let your ski warm up really good so you dont stick anything :arms:

Nope.....I can't expalin that. My only theroy is that the forged aluminum piston and cast aluminum cylinder expand at different rates, potentially causing a piston seizure or cylinder scoring. I would think that the piston has to expand by a significant margin to do that kind of damage.

when i have a 701 built, cast pistons get set up a .04 clearence and wisecos .055 to keep this from happening and of course always warm you motor up before frogging on it

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
From my readings the 66V has a stock bore of 80MM, so how did you take it to 87MM without resleeving? Is there just that much material to bore out?

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
87mm is fine. I built Tom's (superramjet) with an iron sleeve and they are 88mm. Bonzai Bob and his crew are running 90mm on a nicasil bore. That seems a little on the extreme side, but they are not having any issues. The casting quality on the 66e cylinders is very high.

Jeff

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Wow, these guys can be bored out to 90MM, eh? That is impressive.

What kind of pistons are you guys running 87MM-90MM? Going off of Weisco's chart, SeaDoo has a few (and the motor they are built for actually has a 78 stroke, same as the 66e/v). Anyone run these pistons?

Im explorering this route, and it would be nice to find pistons that are readily available if the worse case should happen.

RiverRat

Ever look into running the VF3 Ski-doo reeds ?
All the rage over on GreenHulk a few years back with the GPR heads.

With the WDK manifold and reed spacer I can also run V-force reeds out of a 701 SJ. Not sure how much better they would be over the stock reed cage design but the reed tension on the v-force may help power down low. I will test both as it will be a easy swap.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
^^Why? Isn't one of the big advantages of the GP800 cases the much larger intake tract?

, i dont know if its that restrictive because the carb hole is much smaller than the oem reed area. I cant see how the outer edges of the super large reeds can ever be used. gp1200r and gp1300r have benefited by going with the smaller vf3's

RiverRat

, i dont know if its that restrictive because the carb hole is much smaller than the oem reed area. I cant see how the outer edges of the super large reeds can ever be used. gp1200r and gp1300r have benefited by going with the smaller vf3's

Exactly, the flow rate is kind of maxed out with a boyesen or v-force set up. Larger set ups may decrease the velocity. However I think a good reed stuffer and some LT (if they made them) carbon reeds would be better IMO b/c it fans out the incomming air charge

RiverRat

Got a nice shipment of parts from Waterdawgs. I am not tooting the waterdawg horn but I am really impressed with the quality of stuff that comes out of that shop. This billit work is just insane. The tolerences are very.......very precise. I don't think I have ever seen a better quality jetski part anywhere!!!! :headbang::usa2:

Attachments

• IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1841.jpg
    IMG_1841.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1849.jpg
    IMG_1849.jpg