Freestyle Affordable Power......... It's COMING

I can vouch for Erik's work! Every detail is accounted for, everything lines up like an engine off the production like, and they make good (and usable) power! I just wish my Polaris version would have been that cost effective to get a stroked crank for...

I know with all these new hull builders popping up and these jokesters ripping people off on parts there will be some people who may think "who's this guy". Well he's not new to the market, he's been here longer than most and worked with the best.
For those of you that dont know Erik he is one of the nicest trustworthy guys out there. He is also a ninja so don't mess with him.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
I've been waiting a long time for this cylinder to become a reality! Erik is very knowledgable and by no means new to this sport. It's great to see a non billet cylinder with bore sizes this large. Nikasil is the way to go and sleeves are not used in many other sports with 2 stroke engines where nikasil is used and powervalves aren't as crutial in watercraft as they are in dirt. This is the way to build power on a budget! Well done Erik!!

SOOOOOOO glad to see this cylinder in nikasil. When I raced runabouts back in the 90s, I was sponsored by Polaris. My SLX Pro triple ran 8100 rpms WFO all the time. When Joe tore it down to rebuild for Havasu in 97, it looked like the bore had never been run. That stuff is straight up awesome. Plus, you don't have to worry about sleeves.

You guys think it looks like it has power now, wait til you see it with the PVs installed.

SM

Yami based, but I believe there will be other options int he future!

I will be in Richmond this weekend testing the stock stroke PV in my B1, cant wait! :thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave:

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
Now that the drum roll has ended, how big and how much?

from post #7

10mil or stock stroke top end:
Cylinder, Powervalves, head, domes, pistons, nikasil plating - $2295

Short blocks will be available as well, pricing isn't set yet, but we are looking at UNDER $5000 for the 10mil (11005cc) and UNDER $4000 for the stock stroke (960cc).

SXR-FOREVER

Finally Flippin
how does nikasil hold up against water intrusion? I've always wondered why more cylinders weren't made without sleeves and assumed that was why.. as in its a hell of a lot cheaper to bore a sleeve then get stuff replated.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
It holds up better to water intrusion. It's a hardened plating that has less friction than a steel sleeve which means less likely to score or rust and will outlast a steel sleeve by far as well as extend piston and ring life and allow for slightly more power due to less friction. It's not expensive to replate a nikasil bore, I've done it on dirtbike engines. You can replate without having to bore larger so the cost is much more comparable than you're probably thinking

The quick bore might be cheaper in the short term, but when you have to resleeve, you will pay $$$ for port matching etc on a high performance motor.

Also, no sleeve=no issues with dropped sleeves....

A little preview of what will be in my boat very soon :) This is the polished cylinder option that will be offered as an upgrade

PART951354065391846.jpgPART951354065393675.jpg

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
very nice

i have spoken to eric at length each time ive been at wavedaze, super nice guy who knows his stuff, he has been working on this for some time so its great to see its finally going to be getting out there

Big Kahuna

Administrator
The pistons have been run in the am atv and snowmobile markets with great success for some time now. Their expansion rate has already been mapped and matched to the cylinder. Because they are already developed and we don't have to pay for the initial r&d, the cost will be $160 ish each. They are flat tops.
We will have pump and race gas setups. The test was on a 195 psi dome config.
MORE TO FOLLOW

Looking forward to more info!

Last edited:
Top Bottom