B-pipe cooling, routing water lines

smusleh

JetSkiExtrm
I still curious to know how someone can dictate if their pipe is too wet or too dry? What is an idicator of this?

go to 2rides thread about his xscream motor and ski. that is where I saw that. little better there.

Looks more or less like the way I have my cooling lines routed.

Blue

Judging your cheapness
Question??? water lines

Why do you guys run the water from the head to the bottom of the elbow on the pipe? See pic below. My FP directions show the hose from the head going to the top fitting on the pipe not the bottom. Is this better for some reason? The pic below is basically my set up except Im running to the top fitting like FP advised.Thanks

Did i miss something? I am setting up my ski for dual cooling right now. The pump is tapped and lines are run into the hull. Now trying to figure out how to run lines i notice that every diagram posted has two barbed fittings going into the exhaust manifold on the b pipe and out the head. I only have only one input. Should i be tapping a second or is that what you guys had to do? WTF?

I'm slightly confused!! I did not see anyone with a set up like mine.

I have single line from pump I have a B pipe Mod chamber, riva head two outlets and water injection to the pipe, with two pissers out the side with restrictors on each one.

How do I run the lines for that? It was set up before by a guy I bought it from but I disassembled it to work on the motor and now for the life of me I cannot remember where what line goes! Please help!! I know I was stupid not to make a diagram.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I'm slightly confused!! I did not see anyone with a set up like mine.

I have single line from pump I have a B pipe Mod chamber, riva head two outlets and water injection to the pipe, with two pissers out the side with restrictors on each one.

How do I run the lines for that? It was set up before by a guy I bought it from but I disassembled it to work on the motor and now for the life of me I cannot remember where what line goes! Please help!! I know I was stupid not to make a diagram.

If you use one of the more common setups, you'll be just fine. Some setups might be somewhat better than others, but pretty much anything will work.

Just look for one with a single inlet like you have.

Ok, I have my setup currently very similar to the traditional kawi style from post #145. My setup currently has only 1 line coming in from the pump connected to the 1 tap at the bottom of my fp mani.

Currently I have the stock 650 head, but I have a pro-tec rec head which has 2 outlets. I plan on running 1 overboard, (what size restrictor do i need and where do I get this?) and keeping the other running to the top of the head pipe
(the other option being combining the 2 outlets on the head to 1 line with a t and keeping the routing the same- to the top of the head)
-Which option is better? I ride in lake wa 2/3 of the year (somewhat cold'ish) but 1/3 in eastern wa (Warm water).

(650 superjet, factory pipe, flame arrestor, pro-tec rec head, fcv)

From the bottom of the head pipe i run a line which is t-d to a flow control valve, and the straight to the bypass, currently it is unrestricted. I have run it this way all season performing great, but should i restrict this too? I haven't run with the flow control valve yet, a restrictor might come more into play here now than before I'm guessing. What are your opinions?

waterrouting.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody?

I just installed my new pro-tec head and flow control valve

I placed the flow control valve off the STRAIGHT part of the T, since i have no restrictor on the pissor at the moment (kinda ghetto)
Currently, the 2 taps on the head are connected via another T and then linked to the top of the head pipe. (Not actively riding, 40 a lil cold for me in Washington)

Where can i get an inline restrictor (for after the flow control valve) and a restrictor for the pisser?
Does anyone have any for sale?

THanks for your help!

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
You have got it set up right. I would suggest using the quick connect restrictor shown here on your pisser: http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/water_restrictors___flow_control_valve.htm . It is adjustable so start with the biggest pill and go one step smaller at a time until you get the right temp (cold enough that the discharge won't burn you but hot enough that you can't comfortably keep your hand in it). Keep the pills on your ski and every time you ride in significantly new conditions do a quick test of the temp once you are warmed up.

You likely won't use the 2mm pill that comes with it given you ride in warmer temps. I took the extra one I had and jb welded it to my stinger fitting. Works great in combination with my fcv. If you put a restriction at the stinger that small, feed it with the leg of the T, not the straight. That way any debris in the line will go straight overboard as apposed to clogging that tiny restricter.

AZRIDER

stupid desert
I got a b pipe limited I've installed in my sn andit is only single cooling. I have been trying to decide if a wanna use two head exits and send one to a pisser and the other into the pipe or if i should on have one head exit and run all the water through the exhaust and have a pisser off the second barb "Y" in with the stinger.

Last edited:
I got a b pipe limited I've installed in my sn andit is only single cooling. I have been trying to decide if a wanna use two head exits and send one to a pisser and the other into the pipe or if i should on have one head exit and run all the water through the exhaust and have a pisser off the second barb "Y" in with the stinger.

single cooling I would run one line out the head (not two) into the pipe for more cooling of the pipe.

Last edited:

swapmeet

Brotastic
Ok, I have my setup currently very similar to the traditional kawi style from post #145. My setup currently has only 1 line coming in from the pump connected to the 1 tap at the bottom of my fp mani.

Currently I have the stock 650 head, but I have a pro-tec rec head which has 2 outlets. I plan on running 1 overboard, (what size restrictor do i need and where do I get this?) and keeping the other running to the top of the head pipe
(the other option being combining the 2 outlets on the head to 1 line with a t and keeping the routing the same- to the top of the head)
-Which option is better? I ride in lake wa 2/3 of the year (somewhat cold'ish) but 1/3 in eastern wa (Warm water).

(650 superjet, factory pipe, flame arrestor, pro-tec rec head, fcv)

From the bottom of the head pipe i run a line which is t-d to a flow control valve, and the straight to the bypass, currently it is unrestricted. I have run it this way all season performing great, but should i restrict this too? I haven't run with the flow control valve yet, a restrictor might come more into play here now than before I'm guessing. What are your opinions?

View attachment 139033

I have a 701 with the GroupK "Hammer" port work done. My manifold has two inlets connected with a Tee. So basicly the same as your drawing above, although the engine is slightly different.

I called GroupK just now and they said they have tested multiple cooling options and they find this is the least complicated, best performing option.
I didn't ask about using restrictors, but between the info #zero providied as well as the 'test by feel' suggestions I think I can figure it out.

Recently learned from Paul Lehr that the rear cylinder runs aprox 20 degrees hotter, therefore in a non parallel dual cooling circuit, it is best to run your water to the bottom of the head pipe from the cooler front cylinder...seems to make sense...Thoughts ?

I'm switching from parallel dual cooling circuits to both lines into the FP manifold for more water to the cylinders for this warm Florida water...

HoodBuilt701

Rippy McRipper
BPIPECOOL.jpg

ok heres my rediculous drawing, i give props to everyone else and there great drawing skills, figured this would be a good laugh for everyone : )
Didnt really want to do the dual cool from the pump, was hoping this would work, usually riding in water below 80 degrees, ocean and the river and sometimes the lake. was wondering if i could "T" the one cooling from the pump, to cool both sides of the manifold, then put a "Y" or "T" to the stinger and pisser, planing to buy the control valve soon, and i have two fittings on my riva head ones currently plugged, was wondering if i should put a fitting there and another pisser on the end of that? and do i need restrictors for each pisser?
Riva head 35cc domes, stuffers, filters,FP mod chamber, port match FP head and manifold, msd enhancer, riva intake spacer, pretty stock

Top Bottom