Custom/Hybrid Backie Chan thread of awesomeness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
I love the guys that get all impatient just before Finals, everybody in the industry scrambles for a month before to get ready. I bet Steve picks the phone up a week after WF to have that 5g thrown in his face, lol!

thats fine, but theres somebody that will take his 5g today.

pope91rs

Site Supporter
I'm not trying to be a baby about this I know Steve is very busy. I'm not even expecting a hull in a month. I just want to get on the list before he goes to world finals, I am assuming he will be taking orders there. If it was pratical for me to attend worlds I would place my order there. I work outside so it's hard for me to take care of this mon thru. That's why I have been trying to get it done this weekend.

He has a right, when you try and throw $5000 in a guys face and he won't call you back.

I look on this thread to see Steve's newest updates and pics of his paintwork. I don't need a play-by-play from every failed communication this guy has with Steve, do you? This is the backie chan thread of awesomeness, isn't it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

ProSouth

well, this thread was designed for PICTURES of the BACKIE CHAN only... so this thread derailed about 60 pages ago. maybe ill just start the failed communication thread. i dont have ANY hate for steve. i have no interactions with him in sales. i enjoy his hull. i enjoy his aesthetics and attention to detail. i have 0 issues with him an his hull. but when someone says hey i want to buy a hull, then you dont really communicate with them. don't expect them to wait for you to finish your demo hulls and most people want hulls now to build them over the winter. not receive them in january.

pope91rs

Site Supporter
Your right about me being off topic in this thread. I'll try to make my next post pics or info on my build. It's just to easy to keep replying to post even if its off topic. I started in here just trying to get in touch with Steve.

Your right about me being off topic in this thread. I'll try to make my next post pics or info on my build. It's just to easy to keep replying to post even if its off topic. I started in here just trying to get in touch with Steve.

I don't. Mind it at all... It keeps me on. My toes

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
I don't. Mind it at all... It keeps me on. My toes

Exactly! I said it before Steve is extremely busy like any other hull builder and communication can be difficult. These threads represent his hulls and how he handles his business. All questions get answered here. Even questions that most hull builders would try to hide from and keep from being public information. You've gotta respect his honesty and ambition if nothing else
but as stated many times don't expect much until finals. I'm sure he will be swamped with orders afterward also

Last edited:

pope91rs

Site Supporter
I just wanted to let everyone know that I spoke to Steve today and my hull is ordered. He seems to be a great guy I'm very happy to be on the list.

i can 100% assure you no matter how long you wait or how many times you can't get ahold of him as soon as you get that hull and ride it you'll forget about everything and be happy as hell. At least i was and still am. Unfortunately for me it has been a very busy summer at work so havent got to ride as much as id like. IMO my carbon chan is as good as it gets hands down.

swapmeet

Brotastic
well, this thread was designed for PICTURES of the BACKIE CHAN only... so this thread derailed about 60 pages ago. maybe ill just start the failed communication thread. i dont have ANY hate for steve. i have no interactions with him in sales. i enjoy his hull. i enjoy his aesthetics and attention to detail. i have 0 issues with him an his hull. but when someone says hey i want to buy a hull, then you dont really communicate with them. don't expect them to wait for you to finish your demo hulls and most people want hulls now to build them over the winter. not receive them in january.

Lol I dunno man, you seem a little bent at Ole Steve.

Yes.... Totally derailed..... Completely... But as it was mentioned, we get a chance to watch this whole thing through the microscope. One thing this thread has shown is consistency. In the product (yes there have been some issues, but consistency in how he handles them), Steve's openness, and attitude towards all the critisim, and service/ delivery times. Even how quickly he responds is consistent (and sometimes infuriating....)

I could be wrong, but I don't think Steve has asked or expected anyone to 'wait.' I've dealt with Steve enough to know his answer would probably be "If you're in a hurry, (I.E. before world finals demo skis) go buy it from someone else, no hard feelings." I'm pretty sure he doesn't care. He wants the business, but he's smart enough not to take on customers with unreal expectations. (Yea yea except me.... Lol moving on!)

Also.... I've been under the impression that the 'demo skis' for finals are actually 'customer skis' that will be delivered afterwords. I know this because one was supposed to be mine, but I'm not the only one who believes this, so we'll see. Regardless, it means he's building skis for customers who have had orders in before orders being placed today.

And concerning your last point, pretty much everyone has waited around 3 months. I think Steve believes he can get them out in 5 weeks (and wants to) but so far that hasn't happened as much as he and his customers would like. Still, 3 months for a custom made (in 'Murica!!!) product isn't bad. And according to previous posts, its better than the rest of industry. So as long as everyone goes in understanding that 3 months has been the consistent turnaround, then it should decrease the frustration.

As others have mentioned, once you get it, you quickly forget all the problems. I think that's true for most.

I've been on this roller coaster... Ups and downs. End of the day, Steve delivers. Even if you're a dick to him. :)

Last edited:

ProSouth

It really wasn't meant to bash Steve nor his work, sorry. If his priorities are demos for worlds, by all means do it. He runs a business and not me. I'll just leave it to the people with actual transactions with him. Everything I think I know is just hear say. So again, I apologize to Steve If anyone thought I was bashing him. It was really just meant as an any hull builder stand point. Not just directed at Steve.

It really wasn't meant to bash Steve nor his work, sorry. If his priorities are demos for worlds, by all means do it. He runs a business and not me. I'll just leave it to the people with actual transactions with him. Everything I think I know is just hear say. So again, I apologize to Steve If anyone thought I was bashing him. It was really just meant as an any hull builder stand point. Not just directed at Steve.

I still love u... I didn't take it as harm at all

Right now a base white gel chan hull with pump shoe... Hood seal... Front hood latch is 3300 if order before Havasu... after Havasu the base glass hull will be 4k... So if you have plans for a winter build get on the list!!!!

Christian_83

Xscream
Put myself on the backie chan list a few weeks ago (carbon kevlar w custom paint) and have been browsing the BC threads several times. Damn its true art work, cant really wait to get that badboy Christmas and my 30 years B-day (in 2 days) aint gonna be nothing compared getting that hull haha:)
Looking at all thoese beautiful hulls and paint job, almost makes me drool in my laptop haha.

You Guys like my new cards View attachment 231381

No,i see two problems. 1st one, that phone number doesn't work for calls. It should say TEXT only. 2nd one,since when do you have time for custom composite work? 6:30 am to 9:30 pm doesn't leave much time for anything else . Now get back to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom