Super Jet Basic SN build !Completed! *Tuning time*

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Can't believe I hesitated to cut that rear lip off. Looks 100x better! Have two layers of 12oz on the tray and rails, going to test for leaks, fix/plug leaks then add the final layer of 17oz. Although the two layers of 12oz is pretty dang solid!

Also received my ported cylinders from Nuklear (CPT) I will put up a review @Roseand once I get some pictures taken.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Can't believe I hesitated to cut that rear lip off. Looks 100x better! Have two layers of 12oz on the tray and rails, going to test for leaks, fix/plug leaks then add the final layer of 17oz. Although the two layers of 12oz is pretty dang solid!

Also received my ported cylinders from Nuklear (CPT) I will put up a review @Roseand once I get some pictures taken.
Looking forward to it :)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Sanded down the 2nd layer last night. Hoping to lay the 3rd this weekend. And still need to sand/smooth the back lip. Right now it is still rough from using a grinder to cut it.
Cd1cW60.jpg

I am jealous of your plug positioning..I was dump and put the exhaust and scupper back in and didn't leave enough room to get the plugs right at the bottom. Looking good sir!

It doesn't matter because our skies are NOT going to leak! =)
ahahah!!!! mine leaks like crazy. I pulled the ride plate and ended up with like 2 gallons of water come out of it. Funny thing is...I plugged the holes above the bolts with thickened epoxy! HA!

Oh well..she floats and is still very light. Glad I didn't use pour foam now...so She'll drain nicely.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Where do you think it is leaking from? I just put a 2nd layer of 5200 around all the lines coming out of the hull and exhaust pipe. On your ride plate bolts you could try putting some plumbers tape on them if you think the water is coming from there. :)

Final layer of 17oz all cut and ready to go!
jWWJUWv.jpg

I really don't care where she leaks...as long as I get plugs in her to drain it all. Its probably the exhaust tube or the trim. I am planning on pulling the pump and re applying 5200 around the pvc pipe and maybe I'll do a layer around the exhaust tube while I am at it. Its probably leaking in a few places.

Looks really good Quinc! You'll be so antsy to finish it once the glasswork is done. Its actually really pretty annoying how slow it goes at the very end.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Finished the glass and sanding! Now it is at my good buddies house to be painted. w00t! Also thinking about putting my big bore ported 61x 760 in it instead of the stock bore 701. :)

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Hoping to only ride this season and have zero wrench time! =)
New true and welded crank from JM
Bored and freestyle ported cylinders from CPT 754cc
New prox pistons, rings, bearings, etc
Ada girdled head w/ 35cc domes
Coffman Sizzler pipe, manifold opened to 46mm, port matched, polished and tapped for dual cooling
46mm Pro-flow carb
Carbon Tec reeds
Solas concord re pitched to 13/15 from impros
Blue printed and polished pump
MSD Enhancer
All new gaskets and seals
New couplers
More I am probably forgetting...

Performing surgery. I would have finished putting it together but I lost the washer that goes with the coupler...
odo7t6N.jpg

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Port matched, polished and opened up to 46mm.
FCFS3JL.jpg

Blueprinted and polished pump with new seals, bearings, and grease.
l6qhJHx.jpg

Last edited:

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!
^^^^Let this guy be your leader Quinc...his boat runs well, but you are never done chasing the brap! Good luck riding and not wrenching at least a little bit this season.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
^^^^Let this guy be your leader Quinc...his boat runs well, but you are never done chasing the brap! Good luck riding and not wrenching at least a little bit this season.

I know. :( But wrenching seeking gains in performance is different then wrenching because you're broke down. :)

Top Bottom