Best ski for my budget?

kawa js550

Billy Racing
Loosen bolts, cut oil lines and and remove tank. Make sure not to get oil all over your clean ass 7fitty. Walk to the trash can and slam the oil injection in there or if you live in the middle of nowhere see how deep into the woods you can chuck it. May have to pull he studs out, I can't remember. Then put the block off plate on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put the oil block off plate on and their is a little gap between the blockoff plate and flywheel cover, I can fit my fingernail between easily, is this normal. Also the spring is pretty much useless because the guy left the pole sitting down for when it was stored and wore out the spring so will try this out http://www.ebay.com/itm/121554226397?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT. Besides that everything is installed and it just needs to be put in the water and be ridden. BRAPPP!

SkiNick

#PelantPark
I put the oil block off plate on and their is a little gap between the blockoff plate and flywheel cover, I can fit my fingernail between easily, is this normal. Also the spring is pretty much useless because the guy left the pole sitting down for when it was stored and wore out the spring so will try this out http://www.ebay.com/itm/121554226397?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT. Besides that everything is installed and it just needs to be put in the water and be ridden. BRAPPP!

That is not normal. Should be sealed tightly to faceplate. Did you remove the studs? As far is that set up goes I have never seen that before anyone chime in on that one?

Just pull the blockoff plate back out put a light coat of gease on the oring and reinstall should be fine! And shim your back two bolts on your ride plat with two m6 size washers you should be good to go!

Sweet you will see what i mean about shimming the ride plate they like to porpoise pretty bad shimming will a ton!

Sell the kawis, get a yami. Where in Mi are you? Nothing wrong with a SN superjet. I liked my SN more than my RN for a while. Could get a decent SN with a prop and holds for the 750sx. I have a couple skis you could come ride to know for sure what you want.

kawa js550

Billy Racing
Sell the kawis, get a yami. Where in Mi are you? Nothing wrong with a SN superjet. I liked my SN more than my RN for a while. Could get a decent SN with a prop and holds for the 750sx. I have a couple skis you could come ride to know for sure what you want.

I ride on lake st.clair, anchor bay. I have rode superjets before so I know how they ride, but first im going to try out the 750 and if I dont like it I can always sell it. Should be heading up Saturday and Sunday so I will probably drop it in the freezing water and try not to fall in.

5 pages of people telling you to replace the 550 with a superjet and you.....buy another 550 and a 750. wow.

kids like 15 years old and just needs skis to ride. Did it ever occur to you maybe he doesn't have enough money to buy a superjet? I think he got a damn good deal and I would have taken this deal he got over a clapped out 701 square...

Again like I have said @kawa js550 it doesn't matter what you are on as long as you are on the water. 750 will be plenty fine for a 15 year old. Have fun this summer man

Last edited:
@kawa js550 i 100% agree with jetskijockey. Clean stand ups for good prices is becoming extremely rare. As the super overly inflated listing prices for crap skis on Craigslist are really increasing. I can't believe what some beat up 750sx and sxis have been going for. In today's market, just the sxi that clean is worth 2k. If you ever decide to sell it, I might have someone interested in southern MI. We helped him find a mint 92 sx for his high school son a few years back.

So... 5 pages or whatever of guys on here telling you to buy a SJ. Well I'm here to tell you that you made the right choice by far in scooping these up. For 2k you could have gotten a beat up 701 SJ, but instead you got a sweet deal on really well taken care of skis. I'd say you have at least a grand equity in this package. That 95 sxi is a 2 grand ski easy. With today's market, maybe even 2500.

Having those skis at your age, shoot man you're so far ahead of the curve it isn't funny. I started riding when I was 25, and that was with a $500 X2! Take your time, ride these skis, ride other people's skis, and see what you like and what you don't like. Try skis before you buy them. You've got enough value there to get a pretty good ski when you decide to upgrade. If you're ever in the SW section of the state we've got a fleet of skis you can try.

Last edited:
Sweet! look for a ride plate and grate as funds become available.

Top Bottom