Better than yours 550 freestyle build.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
not to much fancy stuff... all pretty self explanatory. Glued in the driveshaft tube, got carried away with my new friend Mr. Cabosil, then foamed in the front half of the tray. I had saved the 650 side tray, and luckily it fit in pretty good. Its much thicker than the 550 side so I cleaned it up and glassed that in with a layer of 17oz down the center and 2 strips on the corners.

I will be installing footholds and foaming down the gunnels later tonight, perhaps even getting time to seal in the back of the hull too....?

Attachments

• 101_7247.jpg
    101_7247.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 101_7251.jpg
    101_7251.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 101_7260.jpg
    101_7260.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 101_7261.jpg
    101_7261.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 101_7262.jpg
    101_7262.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 140

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
On a sidenote, I just tested the tray... it turns out I sanded the foam about 1/8" to low in the middle and the tray can bend in now just a bit under pressure. With the tray about 3/16" SMC and 1 layer of 17oz biax, should I go ahead and lay down another layer or will it be fine with the gap under it?

damn man with all that work u shoulda made the whole tray wider imo

agreed. its not too late though. its a matter of cutting a long V along the tops of the wales and the bottoms of the inside wales and flexing them outward to close the V and glass away.

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
I wouldn't just add another layer... I would drill a few tiny holes, pour in a super tiny amunt of foam, and let it fill. then add a layer over the entire thing and call it good.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Lots of cabosil used today. Closed in the rear of the tray where the bondline of the 2 "hulls" meet Footholds went in as well. Also finished my second exam of the semester this morning.

Hopefully Ill have this cured enough to remove the screws glass the footholds, foam up the gunnels and then seal the rear-face of the bottom decks together.

I am nearing the point of sanding and trueing the chines. I am not looking forward to that.....

Attachments

• 100_7267.jpg
    100_7267.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 249
  • 100_7268.jpg
    100_7268.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 155

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
I am nearing the point of sanding and trueing the chines. I am not looking forward to that.....[/QUOTE]

HAHA i remember that, its a bitch! have fun!:wave:

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Uh ohhh! but do you remember this part?

:biggthumpup:

On a side note I am now looking for either a limited chamber or a kawasaki Bpipe setup.

Attachments

• 100_7269.jpg
    100_7269.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 303
  • 100_7270.jpg
    100_7270.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 100_7271.jpg
    100_7271.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 286

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
You are a strange one fox,you think RN's,SXI's and Thunderjets are ugly,small trays are kewl,what else, do you think most blondes are smart and still virgins,do you think the federal government is looking out for your best interest and spending your tax dollars wisely?

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
I plan to grind down and redo the bottom once its all said and done. The bottom is the crappiest looking/done because it was hard to keep both hulls lined up in a shoddy fashioned jig. Nothing really lines up the way I layed glass. I will be covered over again. And I really dont plan to go in the surf all to much, however the goal with this is to be the first 550 to do a backflip. It shouldnt be to much of a problem. Glassed on the inside and outside as well as the back and top of the tray as well. It should be a pretty solid unit.

Just finished glassing in the footholds. Waiting for that to dry and the rest will get foamed up.

Trying to figure if I should run yamaha style couplers or kawi style. Any opinions?

Ps.

Such anger Wedo...

Last edited:

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Foamed and glassed. All is done. Now to start the cleanup work and finish getting that 701 bolted up. Need a tigershark coupler.

Attachments

• 000_0112.jpg
    000_0112.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 000_0113.jpg
    000_0113.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Top Bottom