Super Jet break in oil type???

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
You do realize Walmart doesn't actually make the oil right? If paying $38 for the same oil at your local high performance shop makes you feel better then by all means have at it.

You do realize Walmart doesn't actually make the oil right? If paying $38 for the same oil at your local high performance shop makes you feel better then by all means have at it.

Walmart doesn't make the oil? Oh, it's fine then.

Yes, I realize walmart doesn't make the oil and I'm not saying that I would pay more any one place or the other. Last I checked Walmart didn't sell higher quality oils that you buy at a high performance shop.

OCD Solutions

You make my point perfectly. They sell the exact same oil, just cheaper. We burn the walmart stuff in our $10k motors because thats what the guys who built them told us too.

Do you use the cheapest oil in your 30 to 50 grand car as well because the label on the Walmart says its the best ?

Boris

The Good Old Days
Does my cars engine use the same tape of lubricating system as my 2 stroke ski motor ???

WallyWorld Dino oil @ 32:1 is all my motor wants and needs. That's what it has gotten since the first time it fired till today.

P.S. Wahat's "brake in " ?:veryhappy:

OCD Solutions

Do you use the cheapest oil in your 30 to 50 grand car as well because the label on the Walmart says its the best ?

Yes, if my service manual tells me to use a specific oil and walmart happens to sell it.

Once again for those who don't seem to get it. We are using the oil recommended for our engines by our engine builder. We are not buying "cheap" oil, we are buying oil cheaper. If you feel more comfortable spending more for the same thing then go for it.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Yes, if my service manual tells me to use a specific oil and walmart happens to sell it.

Once again for those who don't seem to get it. We are using the oil recommended for our engines by our engine builder. We are not buying "cheap" oil, we are buying oil cheaper. If you feel more comfortable spending more for the same thing then go for it.

Hence the reason we are saying your engine builder may not be the sharpest guy/girl on the block.

GIL

I just spent 3 hours at 5 local WalMarts and not the 1st one had Klotz Benol on the shelf. I guess I will be buying my oil at high dollar shops until Wal Mart realizes that selling crap is not always the best move.

GIL

Let me ask this---

Is it possible 'YOUR' engine builder tells you to run NRG(avgas) mixed with cheapsilver is because he knows after paying that much money for a motor he realizes you can't afford fuel/oil? Just askin.

Boris

The Good Old Days
Let me ask this---

Is it possible 'YOUR' engine builder tells you to run NRG(avgas) mixed with cheapsilver is because he knows after paying that much money for a motor he realizes you can't afford fuel/oil? Just askin.

Let me ask this---
Does that expensive oil help you with your rolls ?

just asking.

GIL

Let me ask this---
Does that expensive oil help you with your rolls ?

just asking.

I am pretty sure that GOD himself can't help me roll. LOL I got barrell crashes down to a science though. It's cool to hear a crowd say ouch all at the same time.

Oh, and I pay 15.00 per gallon for Benol. It's much cheaper when you buy it by the barrell.

Last edited:
You make my point perfectly. They sell the exact same oil, just cheaper. We burn the walmart stuff in our $10k motors because thats what the guys who built them told us too.

No, you hadn't made a point until this post. Your engine builder told you to use whatever oil you are using, that's great. Then quicksilver or whatever you are using works for you, that's good.

The guy who built my engines recommends I use Castor927, so that's what I use. If I could buy it at walmart cheaper I gladly would. I've had good results with what I'm running, I don't plan to change. Plus it smells like French Fries....which makes it infinitely better than your oil. I win. Haha.

GIL

Powervalves, showervalves. They are all for those that don't know how to build power without them.

Top Bottom