Super Jet break in oil type???

depends on how much you ride. snowmobile guys have to do it pretty frequently even with low ash. i'm planning on going back to the 927 even with powervalves, but i know it'll be a little extra work.

D-Roc

I forgot!
what do you do with your oil? mix it with gas. what is the gas supposed to do? burn. what happens when you use crappy cheap oil? it runs, keeps your motor lubed and keeps some extra money in your wallet. what happens when you buy top quality synth oil designed to mix and burn and lube and clean and deter moisture? you get a better running motor. I could feel the difference in my motors when i tested different oils. i use interceptor, i run powervalves and this oil is is designed to be a 50:1 mix formulated to keep powervalves clean. i run it in all my 2 strokes and my 4 mix stihl weedeater and leafblower. i have a 2008 banshee that i bought new. dealer told me to run belray in it, i could car less what he says. i broke it in with the belray they gave me and then switched to interceptor. as the price of oil went up i cheaped out and went with quicksilver. it is a decent oil and did not notice too much difference in performance. i then switched again to some cheaper oil. i started noticing my banshee wasn't starting up on the first kick anymore, after more tanks it was taking upto 10 kicks. i ran it dry and borrowed some dominator from a friend that was camping out that weekend and next morning first kick it was firing up. i switched back to my amsoil that day and when my ski ran out i topped up with the interceptor and i could tell the difference right away. a teck geek once told me that the gp bike racers gained 3mph when they switched to synth.

I was told by a very reputable builder to not use synthetic oils for break in.
He recommended that I use seadoo's XPS mineral oil. It was cheap in comparison to other oils. He recommended break in with the mineral oil, and to run nothing but castor 927.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I was told by a very reputable builder to not use synthetic oils for break in.
He recommended that I use seadoo's XPS mineral oil. It was cheap in comparison to other oils. He recommended break in with the mineral oil, and to run nothing but castor 927.

If I could buy the Bombardier XPS oil down here in the south I would run it over most every other oil including Amsoil. I had 5700 miles on my sled without ever touching the engine and it was still spotless when I sold it. I brought a case down with me when I moved and i just ran out a month or so ago. :(

D-Roc

I forgot!
i would think any oil bombardier recommends will have to be top notch, they are some of the cleanest running 2 strokes making alot of power. to burn clean for emmissions it has to be a very good oil.

D-Roc

I forgot!
well, sort of, we had an incinerator (sp?) for burning scrap wood. to light it we would use one coffee cup of fuel. the safest was diesel. the next safest fuel was my high octane mixed fuel. now if you wanted a big bang that really blew the wood all over the shop yard you used straight 87 octane. now i know that isn't a great test but it did show us what fuel burned/exploded upon ignition vs burning slower. i found with my different oil tests in my 2 strokes was that the cheap oil bunged up and slowed down the burning. on a chainsaw or weedeater you would never see a difference but on my tuned superjet motor i noticed a big attitude change in the way my motor was running. i would bet that any 2 stroke racer looking for the best running motor will not be running cheapass walmart oil.

Boris

The Good Old Days
Great test.
Very scientific.

So, a fuel that burns slower is bad no matter what bore, squish, RPM,.........?
How does the oil affect that, or does it ?
If you are so concerned about getting maximum power out of your fuel mixture, ever index your plugs or cut the electrode ??

Last edited:

D-Roc

I forgot!
yes i have indexed my plugs but whatever, those are just little things that can be done to make a good runnin motor, just like buying good oil. use whatever oil you want. quicksilver is a great oil, just not as good as the top notch racing oils. a fuel that burns slower is better when we are running higher psi motors, we could make more power with 87 but we can't keep it from preigniting and deto-ing our motors to death. so we make our power with higher octane fuel that burns slower but allows us to run the higher psi which makes more hp. its complicated and i am not and expert by any means, lol.

Boris

The Good Old Days
Exactly, too many variables to argue which is best.
My motor is set up to run it's best on WallyWorld oil and that's what I use. Would it run better if I ran a more expensive oil ? No.

Amsoil, Royal Purple, Maxima, Quicksilver,............. all they do is blend different flavors. You pick yours, I'll pick mine.

D-Roc

I forgot!
how do you know until you try. go out and buy one liter of some of the dominator or 927 or any of the most $$$ sythetic oils and run it in your motor after you empty out on a ride. i am thinking you will like what you feel and your motor will run a little more pissed off. my buddies 1500.00 stroker crank's two inner bearings siezed solid after not even a 1/2 season, (and we live in canada.) with quicksilver as per directed by its engine builder.

Last edited:
Exactly, too many variables to argue which is best.
My motor is set up to run it's best on WallyWorld oil and that's what I use. Would it run better if I ran a more expensive oil ? No.

Amsoil, Royal Purple, Maxima, Quicksilver,............. all they do is blend different flavors. You pick yours, I'll pick mine.

where's your test that proves that?

Boris

The Good Old Days
But I have more than one ski and more than one oil on hand.
I have tried different oils and never saw even a slight bump in RPM at WOT. Yes, I do have an accurate tach.

Top Bottom