Super Jet break in oil type???

About to fire up my ski in a couple weeks and was wondering about "break in" oil. Was thinking of just running Yamalube cause I can get it for a cheap price since it's in bulk.

yamalube is semi synthetic and will work for break in, but some will say use a non-syn quality oil for the first tank. syn-oil is slicker because the molecules are all identical (according to a valvoline tech guy).

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Usually you want to use a non synthetic for proper break in.. With a synthetic the rings sometime won't seat properly due to the make up of the oil being too slippery and putting a coating on the cyl walls.. I have seen a few rebuilt car engines that didn't break in because the customers put syn oil in them.. Then they use oil because the rings didn't seat properly.. And ya, SBT has oil specifically for Break in.. Not sure what it is exactly..

id just use what u normally use maybe a touch more oil but not to much u dont want to glaze up the bore ,rings etc this is what my engine builder reccomends to me anyways

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
when i bought my 04 superjet from new, yamaha recommended running yamalube from day one, double oil for the first couple tanks and progressively increasing throttle, no more than 1/2 throttle first tank, no more than 3/4 throttle second tank

i ran Yamalube for the first year then swapped to A.N.Other synthetic oil, never had any problems

when i replaced the crank seals in 2009 the cylinders were still mint looked like they were straight from the factory

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
tcw-3
put in an extra 25% over your planned running mixture for the first two tanks

Last edited:
are you serious?

yep, if people are afraid of running synthetic because of glazing the cylinders why would you double the oil and not run it as hard. i've broke in a few motors now. i heat cycle them once or twice then balls to the wall. there's been a study i read years ago where the motors that were beat on from the start made more power. it's a two stroke, no one can predict how long they will stay together.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Several years ago a friend of mine decided to do a dumb experiment that has turned out to be pretty interesting. He took 4 pieces of uncoated, unprotected material and soaked them in the top 4 2 stroke oils on the market and then placed them in his back yard. Oils A B and C started rusting within a day or 2 and the one coated in Benol still has NO rust! The guy that built my engine told me I had to have my stroker crank built every 100 gallons of fuel would chit if he knew that my crank has over
500 gallons of fuel through it and has not been re-built yet. Needless to say, I break in with quick silver and then run Klotz Benol.

Top Bottom