Chp took my ski

Was the ski even in your name or still the previous owners? Not familiar with CA so pink slip means nothing, usually boats get a reg card that proves ownership.

Either way obey the law and no problems would have come.

Last edited:
Hey guys ive been on this forum looking and reading a ton about jet skis for about 4 years now. Always wanted to get a superjet and just last week I finally cashed out and went and bought a 1996 superjet that had been fully reinforced with carbon fiber and was set up for surf. I bought the ski and it had the pink slip and cf numbers along with a vin number on the inside of the hull and everything matched up. Anyways, i went out with a few friends and we were on our way to lake new hogan in northern california when we were pulled over by chp for no license plate on the trailer. Long story short, the chp forced us all to pop the hoods on our skis for no reason or probable cause, told me my vin has been tampered with and he had to take my jet ski. I told him it was removed when the entire inside of the hull was reinforced and then placed back when it was done. He was not having it and seized my jet ski that i paid $4k for and my buddies 2 ski trailer. Even though I had the pink slip in hand and everything matched up, he still took it from me. He told me he is going to send it to a vin inspector and he has up to 90 days to inspect the ski to find out if its stolen or not. Cop told me either 1 of 2 things are going to happen. If it comes back stolen (which it wont, i knew the dude who did all the work on it) i go to jail for possession of stolen property, or if they cant prove anything, they are going to crush my ski.
Im heart broken and extremely dissapointed this happened to me. Im really asking if this has happened to anyone else on here or if anyone can give me any advice or information on what i should do to fight this?

I live 5 minutes from hogan lake and have been pulled over by Chp on my way to the lake because I always have some kind of super clapped out trailers with no lights or license plate and they have never questioned my ski or anything like that

Man im sorry i didnt even realize anyone was replying to this. And trust me I wish i was trolling. So the deal was, i had a scupper valve installed on the ski and the previous owner apparently removed the back vin from the ski to install the scupper valve like 95% of every ski shop in my area including the antioch ski clinic. So the cop really had no probable cause to pop our hoods but we didnt want to piss him off so we all agreed. He seen that my vin on the inside of the ski was glued into the hull and that threw a red flag for him. He admited in my 1 and a half hour video that he knew absolutely nothing about jet skis but is taking mine anyways. I talked to derek, the guy who builds the hurricanes, and he told me that he has seen plenty of 1996 superjets with the vins glued inside of the hull. I recently had the court case last week and the cop lied his licoriceing ass off to the judge. Telling him that the engraved vin on the motor was ground off (impossible because a 62t apparently never came with anything further than a sticker on the case) I talked to derek again at the ski clinic about this and he told me sometimes when he orders a brand new case they dont come with any stickers at all on them. The cop also told the judge that he contacted yamaha and they said that there are 3 rivited on vins on the ski, (which according to derek from ski clinit there is only 2). if you guys are familiar with the backs of superjets, the stock bumper guards on the back of the ski that have the 2 screws holding them in, mine were taken out and were turfed over. The cop cut my turf out and took pics of the holes where the stock bumper guards existed and told the judge that was where my vin was supposed to be. The judge ordered in favor of the cop and now my ski is going to be crushed. I have 10 days to file a motion for reconsideration before i lose the ski forever. Ive already been to multiple shops and even yamaha dealership in roseville and there is nothing they can provide me with that i can use for concrete evidence to help me in my case. They dont have any information like that where the vins should be located. Im in a real poop hole here guys. I have the video on youtube. For those who dont believe me feel free to take a look at it. If anyone can help me at all please call or text me (925)470-6070. Im not getting any notifications when anyone replies to this.
Video link :

WP_001797.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Here is a picture of what i got in the mail stating why my ski was impounded. Obviously none of this is accurate i just have to find a way to prove myself. If anyone can take pics of their superjet vins on the inside of the engine bay where its glued in that will help me a lot.

Attachments

• WP_001797.jpg
    WP_001797.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 153
And no i only had the ski for a day and i havent put it in my name yet. Figured its kinda our of the question and idk if it will even help me anymore.

Yeah i know. Stuff like this always happens to me. I havent slept right in weeks, this has been keeping me up and im stressed out beyond belief.

If yall skip to 10:45 and watch it for a minute, It shows the cops without permission, start to scratch all around my motor with his knife.

Mike W

Infidel
I see where the CHP officer is coming from. He has probably dealt with so many stolen skis and boats that he automatically assumes it is stolen. Your only option unfortunately is to hire a lawyer. It looks like this is a case where you have to prove your innocence, they already found you guilty.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
So much wrong. You need a notarized affadavit from seller and get one from the ski clinic stating everything they told you and hire a lawyer to keep the ski but it's probably cheaper to just buy another one. So wrong!!!

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
Maybe I missed it, but since you just bought it, don't you have the title? That would prove it's yours.

Every superjet has a hin glued on the inside, come to think of it, every waverunner has it glued on the inside and rivet on the outside

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Yeah, where do you even start with all that. Even if you were to appeal it, would anything happen in time to avoid getting the ski crushed?

yami rider can you please text me pics of the vin glued inside of the hull!? i cant find any pictures. The judge believes the cop and assumes that no ski ever comes glued into the hull from the factory.

Dude you need a lawyer. This cop is only trying to do his job. If the ski was actually stolen and it was yours youd be pretty happy he went through all this to make sure its on the up. GET A LAWYER

get a lawyer involved now!
DO NOT WAIT!

the po is overzealous in his actions and based on his comments,even if you'd had all the hin's in the correct place along with all required paperwork it could still be stolen based on his logic.

Lol I've always thought rivets where more of a removable object than glue. This sucks bro I ride hogan only and had a few customers tell me what was going on but never expected it to be a superjet and a hurricane.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom