Crabs X2 winter buildup

I'll second that Crabman! Your ski is super sweet as is...! I can't imagine how sweet it will be with a bigbore.

I rode the X2 around for a little bit and am officially jealous. This ski handles night and day different from the stock configuration that its a wonder Kawasaki didn't figure this out on their own - they could simply have put an SX hull on and would have had a better platform.

Someone should fab a kit to convert older X2's to this configuration...

Once I figured out how to get on the ski, I took off and maneuvered through the same chop that was giving me a hard time on the 650SJ. I sailed through it due to the wider stance, and the added power. I absolutely launched off the rollers, stuck the landing, and had sufficient power to turn tail and head back for more (this is a considerable thing - being a newby on the X2, and a bigger rider).

The added power from the B-pipe is phenomenal! I'm amazed that one simple change (from an aftermarket pipe no less) to the B-pipe can make so much difference. Simply put, the ski rocks! The powerplant is otherwise stock.

Factory Pipe, you'd better fab a couple exhaust manifolds (contact crab to see what he had to go through to get the pipe to fit) - word in the X2 crowd will spread like wildfire, I'm sure.

Crabman, I'm not worthy :hail:

thats awesome Crab. does it still turn as well as the non modded hull? Bsically turn the thing on its side and drag your face on the water or has it changed somewhat?

GASGAS

SHREDDER
I also took the X2 for a ride and coudn't agree more with dblock. the thing is way more stable than before and the B-pipe makes it go. I was actually able to stay on it this time:bigeyes: :bigeyes: Good job CRAB :smile:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
thats awesome Crab. does it still turn as well as the non modded hull? Bsically turn the thing on its side and drag your face on the water or has it changed somewhat?
It turns much more like an SJ, super stable and controllable. Gasgas and Dblock jumped on it and never fell once, that is unusual, but they both ride SJ
's. Another thing, I think if floats a little higher in the front from all the foam in there now, even with a full tank of fuel. 2 things though, there might be a little more spray in the face from time to time, and its not anyeasier to get back on from the deep water start. I have no idea how it would run with my PJS ride plate on, and set up for bouy's, I might have to try it later this summer just for kicks. I don't think it needs Tubbies at all. J

Ok you have me intrigued enough to try it out on a spare 86 hull i have. I have a ton of foam and should have enough epoxy resin after im done with my other X2 to do this. You'll be getting hit with questions from me left and right.

Did you use any special method make sure both sides were true? or did you just eyeball it?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Ok you have me intrigued enough to try it out on a spare 86 hull i have. I have a ton of foam and should have enough epoxy resin after im done with my other X2 to do this. You'll be getting hit with questions from me left and right.

Did you use any special method make sure both sides were true? or did you just eyeball it?
Eyeball, why don't you wait until I get some more flat water testing, I would like to see how it does for a race boat setup. Another option is the pre-formed piece that comes from Japan, Legdragger ordered one and was going to make a mold from it. I did remove about 1/4-3/8 inch. from the lower chine as shown in the last picture.

Attachments

• CM-KX024.jpg
    CM-KX024.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 176
  • PICT069711.jpg
    PICT069711.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 276
  • PICT0701111.jpg
    PICT0701111.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 202
  • crabs.JPG
    crabs.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
yeah i wont be doing this for a little while. I have my other X2 to finish up and get ready for the spring before i start on this. I didnt know there was a preformed piece you can order. Where can you get it from and how much is it?

sea-dude

To Air is Human
Just got back from 4 hours of testing, SWEET! We went out and did wave jumping in the sound, 10-15 kt. winds with seas 1-3 feet. The handling is soooo much better, I couldn't get it to do something not predictable. Thumbs up from me on the hull changes, and the added power is also a nice bonus. Can't wait to swap flywheels this next week and give it one more outing before Long Beach.:Banane01: :arms: :purr:

Uhm Crab... your pump looks like it's sporten wood!
Turf tuned out great too.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I will have to try the hull mod on mine the hull is messed up in that area anyway so this is the perfect hull to try it on,I am also doing some other mods that have not been seen before.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
You will love this, I pulled the flywheel off and found that the timing was retarded 6-7 degrees from specs.. I had earlier made marks running with a timing light to verify this when it came off, and compared that also with the static factory specs. taken with a dial indicator. The stator is in the stock location (marks aligned), so with the correction and the Jetinetics in place this sucker should be even better.:woot:

Snackem

Danger Zone
Yeah get some pics up here crab. . . What turf did you use and what footstraps did you use? Water ski bindings again? or did you go w/ Dakine?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Yeah get some pics up here crab. . . What turf did you use and what footstraps did you use? Water ski bindings again? or did you go w/ Dakine?
Same as before, I just got the sides turfed and chamfered. As good as this thing runs now, I'm almost starting to think it may have some port work done. Perhaps it just took a better pipe to wake it up.

Top Bottom