Crabs X2 winter buildup

I could believe that the engine was ported - that B Pipe made a phenomenal change. Did you happen to notice anything unusual when you swapped your exhaust manifolds (like larger, oval shaped ports)?

Your jetting is huge too...

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I could believe that the engine was ported - that B Pipe made a phenomenal change. Did you happen to notice anything unusual when you swapped your exhaust manifolds (like larger, oval shaped ports)?

Your jetting is huge too...
Duh, I didn't really look. BTW, it revs up super clean and fast now on the stand!

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
That depends on the local authorities. :rolleyes:
I guarantee that the Whitman authorities WILL give you grief about it.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
That depends on the local authorities. :rolleyes:
I guarantee that the Whitman authorities WILL give you grief about it.
Glad I don't live there, Nate and Jason went all year last year with no numers and stickers at all!!!! They ride in Lake Washington at least 3-4 times a week also, they could get me on a tech. violation, but that would be lame. I kept them clearly visible when riding, with a contrasting color:biggthumpup: .

On another note, we may be doing the Seafair show in front of the crowd and log boom (500,000 people) saturday after the qualifying is over, any good freestylers interested? PM me.:Banane01:

Last edited:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Picking up an SXR impeller this morning, need to get it cutback and prepared for my TBM/R&D big hub conversion going in with the 752cc.:woot:

If your having a local shop cut back your prop, take your stock pump cone to them and have them part off a 4mm section and bore the inside diameter to clear the R&D cone o-ring surface. You will need this spacer to run the R&D pump cone on a 650 pump. I made the one pictured for mine and plan on putting a skim coat of clear silicone between the spacer and the rear of the pump to make it a permanent part of the pump. If you don't put a spacer in, the o-ring will be subject to pump pressures and I doubt it will not leak. It was only meant to protect against whatever might get past the metal to metal surface of the stock cone to pump interface.

Essentially your just extending the 650 pump to be the same length as the 800 pump. You'll get the idea from the pics.....

Attachments

• kawipumpmod 042.jpg
    kawipumpmod 042.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 123
  • kawipumpmod 043.jpg
    kawipumpmod 043.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 91
  • kawipumpmod 044.jpg
    kawipumpmod 044.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 105

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
If your having a local shop cut back your prop, take your stock pump cone to them and have them part off a 4mm section and bore the inside diameter to clear the R&D cone o-ring surface. You will need this spacer to run the R&D pump cone on a 650 pump. I made the one pictured for mine and plan on putting a skim coat of clear silicone between the spacer and the rear of the pump to make it a permanent part of the pump. If you don't put a spacer in, the o-ring will be subject to pump pressures and I doubt it will not leak. It was only meant to protect against whatever might get past the metal to metal surface of the stock cone to pump interface.

Essentially your just extending the 650 pump to be the same length as the 800 pump. You'll get the idea from the pics.....
I may not have to do this after all, R&D is working right now on offering a modified version of their product that will just bolt up to the 650 pumps with no other modifications needed, I'm just waiting as I don't have the bigger motor assembled anyway. Thanks for the info though. :woot:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Yup, it goes from cruize to wound out instantly. Should be fun with an 8 footer starring you down.:purr:

Snackem

Danger Zone
Well I had the honor of taking out the crab boat this weekend since my ski wouldn't run the entire weekend:banghead: that is until we got to Hood River to flush, then it would fire right up and rev to WOT:bs2: .

Here's what I noticed
Bottom End
This boat hits HARD. I couldn't believe that crab just had a 650 in there.

Response
There was NO lag time, you squeezed the throttle and the boat took off.

Handling
This is what impressed me the most, You could turn on a dime and the back end wouldn't "slide out". This proved to be very handy to a newby to the surf as it saved my arse on several occasions from a large wave landing on my head. It was like I was riding a completely different ski.

My question.
1. What mods have you done to the steering?
3. How many layers of glass did you put over the foam when you did your hull reshaping?

I can't wait to get back to the surf with my X2 so that I can do a real side by side comparison with the two boats and I can't imagine what the crabboat will do when crab puts the 750 in there.:biggthumpup: Thanks again for providing me with a ride last weekend:arms:

Legdragger

Bringing it back
It is good to know the SJ chamber works good on the 650 motor too. Seems like the price on the good old B-Pipe will be going up even more now that we can use it on everything.

I still haven't worked with that bottem/nose cover I got but I am always toying with the idea of cutting those edges back like that picture you posted of the white re-shaped hull. I just don't think it will be very strong after I cut that area up and patch it. It would be something I would do as a plug to incorporate into a hull mold.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
It is good to know the SJ chamber works good on the 650 motor too. Seems like the price on the good old B-Pipe will be going up even more now that we can use it on everything.

I still haven't worked with that bottem/nose cover I got but I am always toying with the idea of cutting those edges back like that picture you posted of the white re-shaped hull. I just don't think it will be very strong after I cut that area up and patch it. It would be something I would do as a plug to incorporate into a hull mold.

Thats partly why after I trimmed mine down to 1/4" or less material remaning, (I drilled them to see how thick they were and was surprised almost 3/4 inches) I wrapped the glass over the foam and the sides for more strength. I went first layer with 17oz biax, and 2nd layer with e-cloth.

Attachments

• 107_4915.jpg
    107_4915.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 107_4916.jpg
    107_4916.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 107_4918.jpg
    107_4918.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 92

Snackem

Danger Zone
Jeff, I meant to ask you this weekend what your plans were for the boat? Do you still plan on putting the 750 in there? or are you happy with how it was with the 650?

Top Bottom