Crabs X2 winter buildup

Snackem

Danger Zone
I see that you also got rid of your waterbox mounts. I was looking at those things and they look HEAVY. I may try and make another set of mounts out of something a little less heavy. Do you think that it will cause any problems having your waterbox essentially just sitting on the hull?

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
I see that you also got rid of your waterbox mounts. I was looking at those things and they look HEAVY. I may try and make another set of mounts out of something a little less heavy. Do you think that it will cause any problems having your waterbox essentially just sitting on the hull?

I took 2 pieces of turf under the corners to keep it off the hull.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Do you have the stock water box? and did you just glass some bolts into the hull for the retaining straps?
I do have the stock one, and a Mariner (FPP) box also. The straps and mounts are stock, there is no movement between the inner hull and waterbox. I have a piece of neoprene turf between them for vibrations, remember there is 1.5 inches of foam between the inner and outer hull now!!!

Attachments

• 107_4881.jpg
    107_4881.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
They weigh as much as the box itself.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: This new setup is really light, thats a good thing.

Snackem

Danger Zone
I may try and rig up a combination like that (minus the hull mod) after the Long beach ride. I'd love to get a couple of pounds out of the nose.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Did you dump the rubber on the back and outside of the trays as well?
Never had any on this one, it was beat up a bit and had some thick turf that worked well. I''m going diamond turf over the lip up to the front of the tray.

Rickster

Matakana Menace
I went back through, and could not find what you used for fairing and filler of the bottom of the hull.

I'm about ready to finish the bottom of my hull, and am interested in what you used.:biggthumpup:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I went back through, and could not find what you used for fairing and filler of the bottom of the hull.

I'm about ready to finish the bottom of my hull, and am interested in what you used.:biggthumpup:
SM Fairing Compound
Blend of multiple fillers that when mixed with epoxy resins are ideal for multipurpose fairing, filling and sanding. Good for fine and large surface filling that needs a easy sanding, creamy putty. info@uscomposites.com

Rickster

Matakana Menace
I am giving my 90 SN a complete makeover, which is one of the reasons why I have been watching your thread closely.:biggthumpup:

The SN was an ex region 7 Free styler's ski, and was beat to hell, and repaired worse. The first pic is how it was, the second/third pic is how it is now.:bigeyes:

Attachments

• jet ski (4).JPG
    jet ski (4).JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 166
  • De-foaming #5.JPG
    De-foaming #5.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 151
  • De-foaming #6.JPG
    De-foaming #6.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 123

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I am mechanically done now, just waiting for the battery to charge up as the starter won't spin. Its possible the solinoid is shot, or I need to pull it all apart and swap starters. I went through the solinoid, dissasembled and cleaned everything, but it still didn't look too good, I have 2 others. Waiting for my turf, but that won't stop me from a test ride with my footholds. Glad its about over, too many hours involved. BTW, it weighed in at 300 pounds even, with the battery installed and no fuel.

Follow up: It wouldn't turn over because the battery is faulty, swaped in a good one, not sure whats up it was new last year. I had a little trouble priming the fuel lines, then she fired right up!!!:Banane01: :cheer: :arms: :woot: I still need to replace the solinoid as it clicks but only catches about every 2 or 3 tries on the start button (minor fix).

Last edited:
I'm so danged jealous crab! I bought some vacuum bagging equipment today on the way home from work to help me in reinforcing my sides - still need to get epoxy though...

Snackem

Danger Zone
I am mechanically done now, just waiting for the battery to charge up as the starter won't spin. Its possible the solinoid is shot, or I need to pull it all apart and swap starters. I went through the solinoid, dissasembled and cleaned everything, but it still didn't look too good, I have 2 others. Waiting for my turf, but that won't stop me from a test ride with my footholds. Glad its about over, too many hours involved. BTW, it weighed in at 300 pounds even, with the battery installed and no fuel.

Follow up: It wouldn't turn over because the battery is faulty, swaped in a good one, not sure whats up it was new last year. I had a little trouble priming the fuel lines, then she fired right up!!!:Banane01: :cheer: :arms: :woot: I still need to replace the solinoid as it clicks but only catches about every 2 or 3 tries on the start button (minor fix).

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Get that thing in the water ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Final pictures, just waiting on the turf to get here.Special thanks to Pete Jacobs for the inspiration to take on this project, if it wasn't for your forward thinking and build thread, this would have never happend for me.

Attachments

• 107_5177.jpg
    107_5177.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 269
  • 107_5178.jpg
    107_5178.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 107_5174.jpg
    107_5174.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Top Bottom