Crabs X2 winter buildup

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I saw the video when you first posted it. Sure looked cold!:purr:
Well we don't live in Florida, so we do what we can. It really wasn't that cold, with the right gear.

Bottom of the hull painting is done!:Banane01: :Banane01: :Banane01:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Some progress today, first coat color.

Attachments

• 107_5155.jpg
    107_5155.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 107_5156.jpg
    107_5156.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 205

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I like that color!:biggthumpup:
Unfortunatly, I have to wet sand it all down and start with a different color. Turns out the paint has some problems with a fine grit that won't filter out. We opened another can and it was the same, I decided to switch brands and go bright red instead.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Did you try double or triple filters when pouring it into your spray gun
We did double filters at the marine supply, its just defective paint. They have never seen anything like it, and pulled all that color off the shelf. I'm all sanded down, and will re-shoot tomorrow. Sad part is I really liked the color.

Snackem

Danger Zone
Too bad about the paint it looked really good. That is kinda the color I'm thinking of for my X2. Will the boat have the 750 in it for the March Ride or the old 650?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Too bad about the paint it looked really good. That is kinda the color I'm thinking of for my X2. Will the boat have the 750 in it for the March Ride or the old 650?
Red paint, old engine.

Attachments

• 15_6386.gif
    15_6386.gif
    21.7 KB · Views: 81

Snackem

Danger Zone
I should have the 750 in my X2 by then I think that I may be doing the swap this Sat. We'll see if I can't get it done and get it down to the river once or twice before the ride.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
The biggest problem you might have at the ocean is water injestion. If your 750 has the stock airbox, mod it to fit. You will need another LH deck brace, and clip the back corner of the airbox. If you have A/M flame arrestors, you will have to do something to shield them. Seems like I always suck water even with my SJ airbox. You will get rolled out there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom