Crabs X2 winter buildup

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
How about this mod? 300 SX fuel tank .

Attachments

• x2 021.jpg
    x2 021.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 200
  • x2 019.jpg
    x2 019.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 243
  • x2 020.jpg
    x2 020.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 306

WFO Speedracer

I will have to check to see if it clears the stock waterbox,I am going to be running rear exhaust with integral muffler,no waterbox.I will also be moving the fuel tank closer to the front since the waterbox is no longer in the way.It fist in there pretty well but will fit better if I remove the rib under it.I was thinking of removing the rib and glassing in a piece of kevlar underneath it for strength.

WFO Speedracer

Yes But I think I am making a recessed fuel fill there to hook up to the 300 sx tank.It should line up somewhere in the middle of the stock fuel door location.I should be able to splash a mold off something around here for that.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Hey Crabman!

What did you decide to do about the chamber fit issues we saw when trying to fit mine in there?
Not sure why the mod chamber was giving us trouble, I am picking the limited up this week at the UPS center.

Porting trace for Rotation.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Snackem

Danger Zone
Hey Crab it's looking great. I can't wait to try out the new hull design. I got a couple of questions for you
1. What size of scupper are you running and what size of bilges do you have?
2. Did you mod the hood at all? I've thought about taking the "hump" out of the middle of it before and trying to find a better spot for the air intake, it dumps right on my carbs now.

It looks like it's coming along great, keep up the good work. . .

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Hey Crab it's looking great. I can't wait to try out the new hull design. I got a couple of questions for you
1. What size of scupper are you running and what size of bilges do you have?
2. Did you mod the hood at all? I've thought about taking the "hump" out of the middle of it before and trying to find a better spot for the air intake, it dumps right on my carbs now.

It looks like it's coming along great, keep up the good work. . .
1.5 inch one way valve, the hood mod is somewhere in this thread.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Damn Crab, you do some nice work!! Everytime I do glass work it ends up looking like stucco. I just don't have patience for sanding anymore. Too many years doing drywall work I guess. Great Job and nice buildup thread.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Crab, Why wont the mod chamber work? It is shorter than the limited so i would think it would be easyer to fit.

It might, but when we were doing mockup, I couldn't get the coupler halves to come together. The chamber was hitting the lord mount and the front of the case cover and leaving a big gap at the coupler on the inboard side. I havn't tried the limited chamber yet, going to the UPS center to get it tonight after work, signature required.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Damn Crab, you do some nice work!! Everytime I do glass work it ends up looking like stucco. I just don't have patience for sanding anymore. Too many years doing drywall work I guess. Great Job and nice buildup thread.
Tell me about it, this was a lot more work than I anticipated.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
It might, but when we were doing mockup, I couldn't get the coupler halves to come together. The chamber was hitting the lord mount and the front of the case cover and leaving a big gap at the coupler on the inboard side. I havn't tried the limited chamber yet, going to the UPS center to get it tonight after work, signature required.
Slicker, it hits at the bottom corner of the lord mount, I am going to cut about 1/2 of it off but save the top for use with my Coffmans if needed later. I think it will clear the cases just barely, sure is purdy!

Snackem

Danger Zone
Did you think about shaving off the 'hump' in the middle of the hood? I like the look of the ski without the fuel door. I've been thinking about doing that to my ski for a while along with the removal of the 'hump'.

Attachments

• Crabski.jpg
    Crabski.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 814

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Did you think about shaving off the 'hump' in the middle of the hood? I like the look of the ski without the fuel door. I've been thinking about doing that to my ski for a while along with the removal of the 'hump'.
That hump, shields the water from my relocated air tubes, it is functional for me.

Top Bottom