Surfriding D-Nices RN SJ de-foam/renforce build

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
so ive been slacken a lil but got my tom21 foot holds in and plan on glassen them in tonight. but since then i did finish up foamen an glassed the tray back in. need to cut the holes bigger since those are the originals from the rickters, you can see i D-cut the back of the hull for my trim nozzle as well, the back rail i also cut flush and made a nice smooth transition up on each side after it turns around the corner. more pics to come.. tray glassed.jpg

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
Smoking clean build. Man that motor is nice.
thanks man, im workin a lil slow cause i work alot but its coming along nice for my first time rippin one completely apart and glassen. im sure putting the motor back in, running cooling/gas lines, electric, and shimming the motor will be a lil tricky since its been a couple months since i took it all apart

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
haha I was hoping you did. I am looking for that metal tube for a build.

Your ski is coming along nicely though.
hahaha thanks man. just get the dimensions and make one. all u need is the tubing, the flange at the end, an a tig welder. i got a tig welder and know how to weld aluminum but dont have the material

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
heres a pic of the back end, u can see the back end rail cut flush, the D-Cut for the trim, and the stainless steel drain plugs i made up from graingers hardware. cut the footholds in but need to get bigger rivets, so thats all i got done tonightside rail cut.jpg

Attachments

• side rail cut.jpg
    side rail cut.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
This is exactly what I want to do... I'm hoping I can buy a sj hull and work on it for a couple months over the winter (when I get free time from school). And then start buying motor and other things. Only prob is SJ's are hard to come by in Jersey. Do you have an estimate of how much everything cost? And how much was the motor? Also, I noticed that you were running what looked like the stock carbs before you sent the motor out and switched to a single carb, what carb are you running now? I thought the stock 38's actually worked best

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
This is exactly what I want to do... I'm hoping I can buy a sj hull and work on it for a couple months over the winter (when I get free time from school). And then start buying motor and other things. Only prob is SJ's are hard to come by in Jersey. Do you have an estimate of how much everything cost? And how much was the motor? Also, I noticed that you were running what looked like the stock carbs before you sent the motor out and switched to a single carb, what carb are you running now? I thought the stock 38's actually worked best
motor was like 2480 with the core trade. but i also got the b-pipe manifold ported an some new hardware new domes an flowcontrol valve so it cost a lil more. he recommends running stock 38's with the supplied jets. i got alot of money involved.im actually tryin to get a house an should of sold everything but i got alot of blood sweat and itchy fiberglass arms into it an cant lol. u can price out my parts list add the motor and add another 400 in hydroturf carbon fiberglass resin sandpaper brushs etc.. i try not to think about it but id estimate id say i spent around 8600 so far

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
thats cool im wanting to send my motor to him and do all that stuff, hopefully this winter, u use 2 part foam in your tray along with the polystyrene
well hes an awsome dude to do business with. great customer service, an i cant wait to try the motor cause i here nothin but good bout em. im only gonna use 2part to fill in the footholds for strenth. majority of it is poly. i know it could still get wet but i sealed it up good so if it gets in there i dont care. itll be a few more pounds in a surf boat that i already shaved weight off of with the new hood an gettin rid of a full tray of wet 2part

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
how many layers of glass u use in the tray, id be worried bout the tray caveing in on me, especially my 200+ pd arse
actually the polyesterene foam is pretty strong. im 190 and can stand on the sheet with out it denting in. i cut mine in pretty good and with the little bit of 2part on top to tightin everything up i prolly wouldnt even need to reinforce the tray... buttt since i do have enough carbon to do a layer in the tray thats what im gonna do to it. just gotta find the time to finish glassen the holds in

Last edited:

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
haha ive gone to ac befor and when ur cocky u always lose. as for the water temp i ride all year long so cold water dont bother me but i would like to break it in in warm water. jus sucks cuz im so busy with work an buyin a house i have no time to finish

hey Nice build man it's looking awesome. when you cut out the tray are you just putting it back in and epoxying the edges back in and fiberglassing it shut again? What kind of fiberglass mat and resin are you using as well? thanks a ton man
-Cole

Top Bottom