Dalton's Hull Build

Full of Air, Blair! Yellow tape is awesome for infusion. You need to do some leak down tests and get an absolute pressure guage so you dont have those bad leaks.

I hate frekote. I use releasomers now. Theyll ship you a free sample. For epoxy try adtech 820

I'm looking for a semi perm and just ordered some frekote. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Why do you prefer the releasomers over frekote?

Also, what do you use for your imc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

air blair

you are the reason
Smdubs is a guru at infusion. Straight serious he is good. Looked like air but i released the pressure a half hour before pic. Resin i use is v-ester. Imo its the best. Poly sucks and delaminates and epoxy is too flexable for my setup, long cure times. Frekote ticks me off. Unpredicable, hell all this composite is unpredictable sensitive chemist lab crap

Smdubs is a guru at infusion. Straight serious he is good. Looked like air but i released the pressure a half hour before pic. Resin i use is v-ester. Imo its the best. Poly sucks and delaminates and epoxy is too flexable for my setup, long cure times. Frekote ticks me off. Unpredicable, hell all this composite is unpredictable sensitive chemist lab crap
That's part of why I like infusion so much. All the variables are 100% controllable and therefore predictable once you're familiar with the specific materials you're using.

Full of Air, Blair! Yellow tape is awesome for infusion. You need to do some leak down tests and get an absolute pressure guage so you dont have those bad leaks.

I hate frekote. I use releasomers now. Theyll ship you a free sample. For epoxy try adtech 820

I'm looking for a semi perm and just ordered some frekote. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Why do you prefer the releasomers over frekote?

Also, what do you use for your imc?

motoman3000

ride
Site Supporter
What's the word for more than ambitious? This is it. Props to all the Dr. Frankensteins on the X , had no idea this sport was full of em. Sweet boat

air blair

you are the reason
Ya, get it bro. Full steam ahead. I failed my chemisty class in high school, i should have cared back then but earth science got me by. looking forward to waveraze campfire discussions.

Resin infusion is very interesting... You guys look like you have it down. Very nice work ! It's amazing what the average bag of donuts is doing with composites on this site. 4 years ago it was almost un heard of.

I have used several types of release agents my favorite is made by a frekote but labeled lock tite 770-nc I got it from solar composites.

Last edited:
770-NC is what I'm using too. Frekote is a product made by the parent company of loctite if I'm not mistaken. Works like magic. On my bottom deck mold I sprayed the aerosol into the cap and wiped it on with a cloth and had much better results than direct application.

Been busy washing then painting the whole house and garage. Found some time the last few days to make some progress on the hood.
DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0005.JPG
I don't think I've ever seen the type of venting and drainage system I have planned before. Should eliminate the problems I had with the breather tubes I had installed on the stock hood. Front of the hood is narrowed by 1/2" to match the top deck profile and back of hood is widened by 1/2". I kept the side panels of the original squarenose hood to help the transition from the hard lined nose to the rounder profile of the sides of the top deck.

Yeah I think I'm going to try making a low profile boxier handlepole. Straight instead of curved and a little thinner on the depth than my current one is. It definitely won't be thick enough for breather tubes but should be fine for the cables and wires. It'll have to be carbon since it will be thinner and more prone to twisting. Getting creative with some hybrid fabrics might have some merit but I'd have to experiment with that.

That'll come after I make some adjustable footholds. Lifter wedges are nice for versatility but not much else.

Edit: Made footholds today while a layer of bondo cured. I guess pole is the next thing on the list after the hood then.
DSC_0013.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how well they work. They're large enough with the padding removed from under them to fit my feet almost to my ankles. My gunwales are thin and very low so they didn't leave me with many options for holds.

They look pretty far forward but that's where the padding was depressed from standing there the most. Still not sure if they should be further back though.

Top Bottom