DIY Total loss or MSD TL upgrade box 270USD?

I’m not adverse to anything but this is a personal project I started over 5 years ago and am determined to finish if it kills me.

The test unit itself is the project and I have no plans at this point to take on or do any jobs with it, as crazy as that sounds. I have been asked several times to map out the 760 system like I did the 61X and 62T but I haven’t made any commitments yet. Time is always my enemy but who knows, I may end up doing it now just to baseline the digital system as a comparison to the programmable one.
Please do. I will send beer

I really wonder what the reason is for the shape of the stock curve. It seems like it's the opposite of what you want and what is usual for most two strokes. Maybe the crude electronics just naturally have a curve of that shape or something to do with keeping the motor alive when idled around or something.

MarkWalker

Site Supporter
To anyone that ordered one from Zeeltronics. How long did it take to get once you ordered it? Just wondering how long shipping from Slovinia is going to take?

Less than 5 business days. I think I ordered weds or Thursday night. It was in Michigan Wednesday or Thursday night of the next week. Yes. Unreal

I get mtb parts from chain reaction cycle in Europe faster than local.

To anyone that ordered one from Zeeltronics. How long did it take to get once you ordered it? Just wondering how long shipping from Slovinia is going to take?

The shipping itself only takes 3-4 days- but he’s usually swamped with orders and it sometimes takes him 2 weeks to get it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

long beach local

long beach local
PayPal rips you off on the conversion rate! It cost me $20 more than the going rate!
PayPal rips you off on the conversion rate! It cost me $20 more than the going rate!
The exchange rate is legit. The ( going rate) is not cheap If you do not want want to pay for the latest technology then Don`t. The shipping was very prompt and I am happy with the performance of this ignition and see no need to change curves. Getting something shipped from abroad is never inexpensive.

Why did you need the extension cable? to reprogram the unit?

Also do you all recommend that I get my flywheel gutted, or do you all see good performance from a stock fly wheel?

Extension cable makes it so you can reprogram it while it is enclosed in the stock ebox, by running the cable out the fuse hole.

Gutting the flywheel removes about a lbs. from the outer edge of the flywheel, which should be noticable. Speedysprocket lightened mine for about another 3/4 pound for a total of 38oz (2.375lbs.) all said and done.
20190103_151821.jpg20190103_154832.jpg20190111_143116.jpg

It is winter here so haven't been able to test, but others have talked earlier in this tread that removing magnets is a huge difference.

Last edited:

TehXshizzit

#Killer City Rippers
aww I see, I will probably order the cable then.

It is also winter time here, and my winter project is to drop a 760 in my SJ. got all my parts, but came upon this and figured it would be a good upgrade to throw in before I drop the motor in. So I am curious what all I need to do before dropping the motor in.

I run a msd total loss and the charging flywheel’s weight is a huge trade off for the benefit of the not worrying about the battery. If your competing then ditch the magnets if not, then I would leave them and just have the fl lightened. I don’t compete and even with a new battery I have troubles from time to time. That is why I like this idea so much.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Yeah removing magnets take a massive amount out. I have a couple of guys over here that run two flywheels depending what they are up to. Personally i just run charging

TehXshizzit

#Killer City Rippers
Ok, I like to chase boats and stuff, but I'm thinking of racing a few local races to see what I got. But I could see where total loss would be a headache.

Top Bottom