DIY Total loss or MSD TL upgrade box 270USD?

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Filed a flat spot on the flywheel and then filed my Jesus mount down until it fit. Used a couple extra washers to fill the gap between the flywheel and mount. Maybe you can file the flywheel completely flat? But didn't want to press my luck. Hopefully she holds up wave jumping at Pismo in 2 weeks. Might also weld on another mount/bracket that connects to the cylinder like the original factory mod chamber.
IMG_20190306_225345932.jpgIMG_20190306_231036425.jpgIMG_20190306_231043014.jpg

TehXshizzit

#Killer City Rippers
are you talking about the temperature sensor on the ebox. you can just take that out right and leave the black bullet wire open?

TehXshizzit

#Killer City Rippers
I got mine installed yesterday. My 760 was a ful swap out of a wave radior and so the kill switch and gauge wires were in one bundle. Do you guys see a problem taking just the start/stop wires from my 650 e box and using those on my 760 (the wires were 4 ft long for a radior compared to 6 inches on SJ). There were a few connections left open such as a ground. And temperature sensor pink wire.

Ok, so I ran a seperate power wire with a fuse to the zeel. The power I had (factory fuse) is now connected to the red wires that loop in the harness.

How about the pink wires that come in from the harness?

There is an extra male connector from the ground terminal, does it need to go anywhere?

The pink that comes out of the connector from the zeel, this is to run 2 curves right? One curve is with it open and the other is achieved by grounding this wire?

Am I missing anything? E3C5A37B-1BF4-4AB7-8B13-8FDE8CF91F53.jpeg

The power looks correct now. The pink wires from the harness shouldn't be used; this was for the heat sensor. As for the ground, as long as you have each component grounded, you don't need it. That may have been the ground for the heat sensor. Yes, the pink from the CDI is for the 2 curves. Open should be map 1 and closed should be map 2.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
The power looks correct now. The pink wires from the harness shouldn't be used; this was for the heat sensor. As for the ground, as long as you have each component grounded, you don't need it. That may have been the ground for the heat sensor. Yes, the pink from the CDI is for the 2 curves. Open should be map 1 and closed should be map 2.
If the pinks get connected from 1 curve, then disconnected for another, wouldnt you want to add a switch to the face of the Ebox so you can make these changes without opening the ebox?

Yeah, if you want to swap curves, you can have the pink from the CDI and a ground hooked to a switch in your desired location. I don’t see myself wanting to swap curves very often, especially if I have one dialed in that I like. I may just run the 2 wires out of the grommet that the heat sensor normally runs out of, one with a male and one with a female connector, so I can just connect or disconnect them.

Top Bottom