Dropping gut - the check in thread.

All Stock

Keyboard Freestyler
Well, I don't wanna post...

10/16/06- +2 197lbs. I went the wrong way. I think I had too much fun this weekend. Well, time to quit screwing around.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Backwards? you cats are in trouble. I KNOW i can loose weight, I've droped 50 before and slowly gained 30 back. I was on the verge of starting my new diet, you guys helped me get it started. :headbang:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
What's your diet?

I'll admit to mine....I'm doing ninja-weightwatchers. My wife's on it, and I didn't want to pay for myself - so I am just shadowing her.
Working great, I dropped 15lbs since I started.

WaveDemon

low carb. I think I droped 50 over 6-7 months (I think I stated around june and stopped for the holidays that same year) and that was 2 years ago. this time I'll have a better exit plan for my diet.

WaveDemon

I've done that with success before, too.
Bad for maintaining muscle mass, though.
that is suprising, I eat a ton of protein. Are you sure about that? Carbs are just a quick burn fuel. once you burn all your carbs off and your body uses up all the resurves (about 3 days) you start burning fat very quickly. I always felt great when I was on that diet.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Yeah, the food was awesome.
I believe the problem becomes that usually, carbs are your source for energy.
The process started by low carb diets (I forget the name) changes that to fat/proteins instead. I've stumbled across several warnings about that on a bunch of workout sites.
It works well, I'll say that.

All Stock

Keyboard Freestyler
I might lean toward a Friday weigh in.

I like having Monday to keep me honest though. I just drank a lot more than usual due to camping out with some folks from here. Bad influences.

fittyx2

I'm bringing X'y back
Check in day guys.... Lets keep it Monday to Monday, to keep things honest. :)

Starting weight Mon Oct 9 224.5#
First check in Mon Oct 16 217.5#
That's 7lbs this week guys.... Just from watching what I eat!!!
I feel great! it's working! :)

Just watching the calories in stuff... Trying to keep it to about 100cal snackies during the day, so I don't really have to worry about dinner. Things like Apples, yogurt cups, etc. Stuff sold in Canada has to have nutritional information stamped right on it, and after going shopping just once, it's no wonder why the world is grossly overweight.... It's disgusting.

Label looks like this, and it HAS to be on everything!
whole_kernel_corn_with_red_ring_e.gif

Keep it up guys, inspire!
-Scotty

Last edited:

WaveDemon

Check in day guys.... Lets keep it Monday to Monday, to keep things honest. :)

Starting weight Mon Oct 9 224.5#
First check in Mon Oct 16 217.5#
That's 7lbs this week guys.... Just from watching what I eat!!!
I feel great! it's working! :)
7 lbs, great job. I hope to lose that much my first week. :Banane01:

Fathom

WaveJunkie PR
Lost 2 pounds up until Friday when I left for Jersey. Got back last night and I gained 8 lbs. over the weekend. Is it possible to drink THAT much beer and eat that much food? I think not! I vote for Fridays too!:banghead:

Snackem

Danger Zone
Didn't weigh this morning, I'll weigh tonight however and post before I go to bed, that'll make me be good all day :biggthumpup:

Snackem

Danger Zone
Lost 2 pounds up until Friday when I left for Jersey. Got back last night and I gained 8 lbs. over the weekend. Is it possible to drink THAT much beer and eat that much food? I think not! I vote for Fridays too!:banghead:

It depends on what you eat/drink, if it is heavy in Sodium then you could be retaining a lot of water that will gradually leave your body. You could have also been low on fluids last time you weighed. When I used to wrestle it wasn't uncommon for me to drop 5-10 lbs the last couple of hours before weighins in order to make weight, then to down a ton of water and re-hydrate myself again.

Snackem

Danger Zone
So the popcorn last night while watching football was a bad idea?:bigeyes:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Popcorn is not that bad for you it is actually one of the better snacks to eat, it's the salt, butter, carmel and other goodies that you put on it that are not the greatest.

Top Bottom