Other East coasters

Jp79

Building Brawlers
Sending out a bunch of my guys tomorrow to help with the clean up in NYC. Rolling from our unit to meet up with another in Easton Pa should be around 200 plus troops. Heavy machinery and supplies.
Would be more but most of use are headed overseas in the next month.

Cops pulled up on a boat telling us to lock doors and don't automatically assume someone stating they are police actually are. Guess that's a little scheme they are pulling. This officer said they are armed. Just went to fill up because both my cars are even plates. Police road blocks east of route 9.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Man a lot of people got it real bad. The worst I had was 2ft in my garage I got really lucky I'm on the water and only a few things got ruined. Nobody thought this storm was going to be this bad. I had to put my corvette on cinderblocks while the water was rising in my garage I ended up saving the car but destroying the side skirts with the blocks.

qyseme5y.jpg

That is what I do not understand. I am in Alabama, I was barely paying attention to the news about it but I even picked up on how they were talking about how Sandy was growing into a superstorm due to the two fronts coming together. Did the local news just not cover it?

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Nice "build" for the natural conversion. I have a yamaha 2400 inverter gen that goes 10hours on a little over a gallon,

It doesn't go 10 hours on one gallon at full load though - that's probably less than 1/4 load. (Gasoline generator?)

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
It doesn't go 10 hours on one gallon at full load though - that's probably less than 1/4 load. (Gasoline generator?)

Agreed full load would be MUCH MUCH shorter. It holds 1.5gallons in the tank. I ran it last night from 10:05pm and it shutoff 11:30am this morning. Only the fridge was plugged in, except for a coffee maker for 1 brewing cycle. Was def less then 1/4 load. Nameplate from yamaha says 8.5hrs @ 1/4 rated load (500watt). It throttles up and down on load, really impressive generator. I've ran my 25' camper with the 13.5btu AC on, it will get 5.5-6hour runtime on a 1.5g tank. Plus it matches my dirt bike...lol

http://www.wisesales.com/ef2400ishc-yamaha-generator.html

Last edited:

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
I have the same generator and love it. Not sure what AC unit I have on the trailer, but I need a bigger generator on the hot days. So bummed, because this one is so light and quiet, not to mention it's a YAMAHA! You definitely have a sweet generator, that will take care of you.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
That is what I do not understand. I am in Alabama, I was barely paying attention to the news about it but I even picked up on how they were talking about how Sandy was growing into a superstorm due to the two fronts coming together. Did the local news just not cover it?

There was plenty on the news. Unfortunately the storm surge was so high that areas that have never been flooded before we're under a lot of water. As usual there were idiots that lived bay front getting interviewed about braving the storm the morning of it. I'm sure they are the ones seen being plucked out an saved by first responders on the national news the next day.

According to last nights news there are 672,000 without power. It is suppose to hit 38 degrees tonight.

Hope some of these people figured out how to get power from their generator to their furnaces if they aren't wrecked from being underwater.

As for the gas, I've got a 1/4 tank and have to get to work the next three days. Hope I make it. Been driving like granny. 40mph in the slow lane. I don't even want to go near a gas station right now. It's just nuts.

Wish I owned a diesel or a flex fuel vehicle. I Even saw people filling up with e85 in old cars and gas cans for generators. Good luck with that!

Lots of people near the water in my parents neighborhood are sucking gas out of their boats. Now's the time when having 80 gallons in the boat is a good thing.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/0...-gas-stations-as-pumps-run-dry-in-wake-sandy/

Last edited:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
I have the same generator and love it. Not sure what AC unit I have on the trailer, but I need a bigger generator on the hot days. So bummed, because this one is so light and quiet, not to mention it's a YAMAHA! You definitely have a sweet generator, that will take care of you.

Get the easy start capacitors for your campers AC. It should run it no prob if you put them on. It would not run my friends camper ac, until he put the capacitors on the AC....then it ran it and this was @ 95F+ degrees outside. Initial startup surge it needs the better caps, once it starts the gen idles down some.

I am also getting the PROPANE / NAT GAS conversion kit for it. After these horrific gas lines, I am making sure I dont have to deal with that ever again. Also buying (5) 40lb propane tanks to have for emergency cooking, heat, and gen power.

http://www.uscarb.com/accessories.htm

Last edited:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
According to last nights news there are 672,000 without power. It is suppose to hit 38 degrees tonight.

Hope some of these people figured out how to get power from their generator to their furnaces if they aren't wrecked from being underwater.

Still 1.4mil in NJ alone out. I'm rocking one of these, INDOOR SAFE. Set on MEDIUM its been keeping my place @ 70F. Goes 48hr on a 20lb tank on med, 100hrs on low. Borrowed this one from a buddy, but I am buying one ASAP. Awesome emergency heater to have just incase.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200307957_200307957?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Heaters-_-Propane-_-173635&ci_sku=173635&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}&gclid=CNOJ1J-Is7MCFdKd4Aod4lYAKA

173635_lg.jpg

Last edited:

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I think that number was Nassau county. It was local news.

That's pretty cool that Heater is indoor safe. Didn't know that was possible.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
I think that number was Nassau county. It was local news.

That's pretty cool that Heater is indoor safe. Didn't know that was possible.

I agree thou, its gonna get real bad when people start dying of hypothermia. Last night I could barely stay out long enough to fill the gen up. Its F___KING COLD OUT, and forcast says possible SNOW and nor'easter on Weds/Thurs!

Last edited:
I live in barnegat right off route 9 and still have no power doesnt make sense when i can throw a rock and hit a place with power ive seen more trucks driving around in places that have power and workers sitting at wawa definately union power guys (no offense to anyone) lucky enough to not have any damages,my dads house had 2 ft of water inside it tide was about 9ft higher than normal on the mullica river this storm was really bad new jersey will never be the same again

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I live in barnegat right off route 9 and still have no power doesnt make sense when i can throw a rock and hit a place with power ive seen more trucks driving around in places that have power and workers sitting at wawa definately union power guys (no offense to anyone) lucky enough to not have any damages,my dads house had 2 ft of water inside it tide was about 9ft higher than normal on the mullica river this storm was really bad new jersey will never be the same again

It is crazy but it is the grid you are on most likely. Across strewn prob different grid.

Bobert540

Site Supporter
I'm on my way down to AC to help a friend with his house that got flooded. If anyone needs anything please let me know, I'm happy to help. Shawn I know you are north of AC but if you need fuel/food let me know. That goes for anyone else as well.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
I'm on my way down to AC to help a friend with his house that got flooded. If anyone needs anything please let me know, I'm happy to help. Shawn I know you are north of AC but if you need fuel/food let me know. That goes for anyone else as well.

Thanks for the offer dude! As long as I dont go driving around fuel wise we are good to go for another week-10days easily.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I work at a Georgia Pacific OSB Mill. GP has already donated a bunch of $$ and supplies to the relief effort but if you guys need OSB I can arrange to have a couple lifts of board donated as well. Not sure how to go about it but if anyone up there has a contact, I can get the ball rolling on my end.

Last edited:
Some weird poop happened last night. Two guys came to my back fence in black hooded sweatshirts trying to get into my yard (my place is locked down like fort knox when night comes) my dog was barking like crazy i get outside and I see two of these guys now running out of my neighbors yard. I yell what the hell do you think your doing get back here. The one guy says your not supposed to see me here lol, I have family that lives on this block and im trying to figure out what power lines this road is on. Im saying to my self BS this guy is looking for generators and whatever else he could get his hands on, like my gas in my yard. I thought i was going to make my first citizens arrest lol. But said to my self F it most of the neighbors are out and see whats going on. They take off down the block into a buddy of mine's yard which he let them in, Im guessing thats where the problem was with the electric. long story short we got power an hour later just my side of the street.

Bus has 30gallons in the tank. I also have 21gallons in jugs....lol If I had to, I could hold up here for well over a month. LOL.

Damn gas hoarders lol. Im not going to mention how much i have, But im not worrying about running out lol.

my friends brother stocked up on gas and has been getting $10+gal. I dont think the island has any gas left.

Top Bottom