Other East coasters

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
You cannot make this up.....

***THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A HIGH WIND WATCH, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING.
WINDS... NORTHEAST TO NORTH AT 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 50 TO 60 MPH. SOME WIND GUSTS COULD EASILY REACH 65 MPH, MAINLY ALONG THE COASTAL AREAS.
THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION, ESPECIALLY FOR THE AREAS THAT WERE HARDEST HIT BY LAST WEEKS STORM.

* COASTAL FLOODING... MODERATE FLOODING IS ANTICIPATED AROUND THE TIMES OF HIGH TIDE ON WEDNESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT. WATER LEVELS MAY NOT RECEDE MUCH BETWEEN THE TWO HIGH TIDES.

AT SANDY HOOK, NEW JERSEY (SANDY HOOK BAY) HIGH TIDE OCCURS AT 118 PM WEDNESDAY, WITH A FORECAST TIDE LEVEL OF 7.5 TO 8.0 FEET ABOVE MEAN LOWER LOW WATER. HIGH TIDE OCCURS AT 212 AM THURSDAY, WITH A FORECAST TIDE LEVEL NEAR 8.0 FEET ABOVE MEAN LOWER LOW WATER.

AT SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NEW JERSEY (OCEANFRONT) HIGH TIDE OCCURS AT 1248 PM WEDNESDAY, WITH A FORECAST TIDE LEVEL 7.0 TO 7.5 FEET ABOVE MEAN LOWER LOW WATER. HIGH TIDE OCCURS AT 142 AM THURSDAY, WITH A FORECAST TIDE LEVEL NEAR 7.5 FEET ABOVE MEAN LOWER LOW WATER.

In WI if you want your conceal and carry permit you just have to mail in proof that you took hunters safety. Week later, you get your permit!

Even if it is a lot of work to get a gun in NJ, I would do it. You don't need a handgun or a fancy semi auto rifle...just get good 'ol Remington 870 shotgun.

The law changed in AZ a few years ago. No class or anything needed to CCW. You can still take a class if you like to get a permit but you do not need it.

Last edited:

Bobert540

Site Supporter
You cannot make this up.....

***THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A HIGH WIND WATCH, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING.
WINDS... NORTHEAST TO NORTH AT 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 50 TO 60 MPH. SOME WIND GUSTS COULD EASILY REACH 65 MPH, MAINLY ALONG THE COASTAL AREAS.
THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION, ESPECIALLY FOR THE AREAS THAT WERE HARDEST HIT BY LAST WEEKS STORM.

* COASTAL FLOODING... MODERATE FLOODING IS ANTICIPATED AROUND THE TIMES OF HIGH TIDE ON WEDNESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT. WATER LEVELS MAY NOT RECEDE MUCH BETWEEN THE TWO HIGH TIDES.

AT SANDY HOOK, NEW JERSEY (SANDY HOOK BAY) HIGH TIDE OCCURS AT 118 PM WEDNESDAY, WITH A FORECAST TIDE LEVEL OF 7.5 TO 8.0 FEET ABOVE MEAN LOWER LOW WATER. HIGH TIDE OCCURS AT 212 AM THURSDAY, WITH A FORECAST TIDE LEVEL NEAR 8.0 FEET ABOVE MEAN LOWER LOW WATER.

AT SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NEW JERSEY (OCEANFRONT) HIGH TIDE OCCURS AT 1248 PM WEDNESDAY, WITH A FORECAST TIDE LEVEL 7.0 TO 7.5 FEET ABOVE MEAN LOWER LOW WATER. HIGH TIDE OCCURS AT 142 AM THURSDAY, WITH A FORECAST TIDE LEVEL NEAR 7.5 FEET ABOVE MEAN LOWER LOW WATER.

I'm so sorry to hear that for you all. Hoping it weakens and doesn't hit as hard as expected. Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

wow feel bad for you guys. Things like this make me think those preppers aren't so crazy after all... Everything I see on the news is about how people are struggling like its the wild west, crying out to Obama for help, gas lines, and looting. What a mess!

OMG...and again lost for words...that is just insane. I hope that it does not hit as hard as they are predicting. Although, many thought the same with Sandy. Just nuts! Thoughts to you all.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
wow feel bad for you guys. Things like this make me think those preppers aren't so crazy after all... Everything I see on the news is about how people are struggling like its the wild west, crying out to Obama for help, gas lines, and looting. What a mess!

Preppers are not crazy...lol

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Damn. I really hope that storm weakens.

I heard gov cuomo just passed some legislation which allows people to gut their houses and throw everything out and the insurance companies will have to pay out whatever the homeowner puts down on an itemized list with pictures. It's hard to tell people to live in a flooded house with mold growing while they wait forever for an adjuster to get to them.

It's a public health issue now with the mold and garbage everywhere so they are attempting to expedite the process a bit.

This other storm coming is gonna suck. Hope it weakens. Red Cross came to our neighborhood today. People taking food and blankets who really didn't need it. That kinda frustrated me. We have grocery stores and restaurants that are fully operational a mile away.

power crews are in long beach in force was great to see all the different state plates on all the trucks. some came in from cail!

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Thanks! Now I should have more time to donate to helping my family and friends with cleanup/demo/tree work. I don't have to get home to run the generator and keep my fridge cold, worry about gassing it up, keeping an eye on it.

Hope they get everyone going soon. Not everyone has a generator or the ability to wire the heat up to work off of generator power. It's getting cold at night.

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
We do water remediation and have been wondering how you guys are dealing with it... Contractors and adjusters can't be everywhere at once, and it's such a mess there. Damm I feel for you guys. If anybody has any questions, please ask. We deal with ins co's all the time.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Congrats! We were told today that we might get "lucky" and have it in 3-5days, but could still be up to 10days.

You will be amazed at how fast they get going. Takes a while for the crews to get a game plan going, but when they do, it is incredible. Imagine a street with every power pole down for 1/4 mile or so. There are poles every 30-40 yds. How long is it going to take to replace........ Hours..... Saw it first hand a year ago. They had about 10 trucks lined up, each one was replacing poles, then they would string the wires..... before you know it, the lines were up.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
You will be amazed at how fast they get going. Takes a while for the crews to get a game plan going, but when they do, it is incredible. Imagine a street with every power pole down for 1/4 mile or so. There are poles every 30-40 yds. How long is it going to take to replace........ Hours..... Saw it first hand a year ago. They had about 10 trucks lined up, each one was replacing poles, then they would string the wires..... before you know it, the lines were up.

The biggest problem for me is the substation 2 blocks away was completely submerged in salt water. They do have a large crew working on it, so we'll see how it goes.

IMG_4773.jpgIMG_6913.pngIMG_4662.jpgIMG_2865.jpg
Just some pictures that got sent to me after the storm the first one its a big viking sport fish that that got swamped the second was in Mantoloking nj. The last two are from Greenwich ct at the dock i run first one is a 151 foot yacht that waited out the storm in the harbor. Second one is the storm surge making its way to the main entrance of the hotel.

Top Bottom