Farm & Fleet has some good stuff for PWC!!!

wayne

wannaroll
What makes NGK better than champion??? Is this the type of comparrison like "which oil is better"???
I have seen tests show that cheap walmart oil held up better in a motorcycle than expesive motorcycle specific oil!!

If you own motorcycle, you DO NOT have to buy "motorcycle specific" oil. I heard it right from a Spectro sales rep and have seen alot of testing that proves it also!! Its all marketing!!!

ngk plugs will not melt. other plugs have had the threads melt to the threads in the head and when you pull the plug the threads get ripped out and have to be helicoiled. when i worked at honda i saw a few cars that use ac delco or bosch platinum (sp) and the heads had to be pulled and the plugs threads had to be helicoiled. high reving engines should have ngk for cheap insurance. first time you over heat and have to replace your head you will understand.

there is a reason that ALL of the pwc manufacturer's recommend (and even put stickers on that engine that tell you to use) NGK.

some things just arent worth saving a dollar over.

Fro Diesel

creative control
I use NGK all the way in my mazda and of course in the skis. Just becuase they didn't have them at one store...doesn't seem like a good excuse to not run what the manufacture recommends. :bigok:

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
I went to farm & fleet because they sold NGK pluggs last year but for some reason they no longer do. I just dont understand how Champion pluggs could be that inferior to NGK. Are they made from different materials??? They look the same to me!

As for manufac recommended, some car manuals say to run your oil for 7k-8k. I dont think many people listen to that???

vjhardcore

Ride It Like Ya Stole IT!
I went to farm & fleet because they sold NGK pluggs last year but for some reason they no longer do. I just dont understand how Champion pluggs could be that inferior to NGK. Are they made from different materials??? They look the same to me!

As for manufac recommended, some car manuals say to run your oil for 7k-8k. I dont think many people listen to that???

Dude - I hear you - WHY is the question and sometimes we need to know why one is better then another. However on the forum. Sometimes even though we don't get a great answer as to why not use one thing over another. The fact that 6 - 8 - 10 guys write back and say - use this one! You should probably use that one. No ones got back to you and said ya I use Champion their ok. Everyones saying NGK.

Do what you want but I use NGK -cause its in the book and everyone on here says use NGK. :kiss:

Last edited:

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
I just like to push back a little and try and get explainations rather than couple word answers! Sorry for being a pain, but so much stuff in this world is all about the marketing hype!

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
From YEARS of experience. only use Champion plugs as a last resort/back up. they suck and dont last. I dont know why, but they just dont. not on boats, not on bikes, not on anything. Use NGK and save yourself alot of head aches

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
What makes NGK better than champion??? Is this the type of comparrison like "which oil is better"???
I have seen tests show that cheap walmart oil held up better in a motorcycle than expesive motorcycle specific oil!!

If you own motorcycle, you DO NOT have to buy "motorcycle specific" oil. I heard it right from a Spectro sales rep and have seen alot of testing that proves it also!! Its all marketing!!!

WRONG!

you better go do some more research. motorcycle specific oil lacks the friction modifiers the car oil has. the reason for this is the wet clutch will begin to slip and dammge the clutch, trans and eventually the engine from running car oil. Never run car oil in a bike with a wet clutch without checking to make sure it meets the correct ASI additive package.

OK.. thats Strike to for you. wanna go for 3?

fLat TiRe

Whammy
X2..... You will be putting new clutches in your bike like crazy if you run regular auto oil

We had a two stroke 4 wheeler blow up like no other when my buddy put 10w-30 in it when he changed his clutch, lasted about a month and put a gear through the case......there was pieces of clutch in there also

I agree champion plugs are junk, just get NGK

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
all I use in my KTM trans is Shell Rotella T. I change it every few hours. It's an awesome oil, and my clutch has lasted FOREVER. It keeps everything in there perfectly clean. I was using the honda trans oil, but it made the shifting sluggish and notchy. Shell Rotella T in the trans is the ********. Many many people in KTMTalk recommend it, and I am a believer.

And Wolf, the Shell Rotella T doesn't have the friction modifiers that the Mobil and other diesel oils have in it ;)

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
all I use in my KTM trans is Shell Rotella T. I change it every few hours. It's an awesome oil, and my clutch has lasted FOREVER. It keeps everything in there perfectly clean. I was using the honda trans oil, but it made the shifting sluggish and notchy. Shell Rotella T in the trans is the ********. Many many people in KTMTalk recommend it, and I am a believer.

And Wolf, the Shell Rotella T doesn't have the friction modifiers that the Mobil and other diesel oils have in it ;)

EXACTLY!

thats why I made specific note of that issue in my post.
I run Rotella as well and recomended it to Slutty for his new punkin.

it's all about whats in the oil. all oils are NOT created equal.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I use Champion sparks plugs ,I have always used Champion spark plugs,I like Champion spark plugs and I will run nothing but Champion spark plugs in my lawnmower.

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
I use Champion sparks plugs ,I have always used Champion spark plugs,I like Champion spark plugs and I will run nothing but Champion spark plugs in my lawnmower.
sounds like a good excuse to drink beer. and if the mower breaks you dont have to walk home or swim to shore.

Excerpt from actual conversation:

'Honey, the lawn needs to be mowed'

'I would, dear, but the mower isnt running right and I cant get the plug out. will you bring me a beer while I work on this thing?'

Last edited:

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
i guess I will have to return my Champion pluggs. who sells NGK pluggs the cheapest??

I have always used Castrol 10w-40 or Shell rottela synthetic 5w-40 and never had a problem with clutchs or tranny's!!

There was a guy with a 1996 Honda CBR 900rr that only ran the cheapest auotmotive oil he could find and put 90,000 miles on the bike!! He never had any problems with going through clutchs, replacing motor or transmission's. Keep in mind he did replace his clutch over the years but at a normal pace.

How do you know for certain that automotive oil does not have the nessecary modifiers in it?? Most probably have them its just Motorcycle specific oil distributors market them for big $$$$!!

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
i guess I will have to return my Champion pluggs. who sells NGK pluggs the cheapest??

I have always used Castrol 10w-40 or Shell rottela synthetic 5w-40 and never had a problem with clutchs or tranny's!!

There was a guy with a 1996 Honda CBR 900rr that only ran the cheapest auotmotive oil he could find and put 90,000 miles on the bike!! He never had any problems with going through clutchs, replacing motor or transmission's. Keep in mind he did replace his clutch over the years but at a normal pace.

How do you know for certain that automotive oil does not have the nessecary modifiers in it?? Most probably have them its just Motorcycle specific oil distributors market them for big $$$$!!

Reading is fundamental....

the back of every bottle of oil willl give letter codes that pertain to the oils additive package. certain oils additive are safe, others are not.

the fact that all this BASIC stuff is all "news" to you (and you supposedly worked on motors for years) is exactly why I dont take my machines in to be serviced.

Last edited:

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
A friend of mine that works for spectrol even said you can use any automotive oil without worry. Motorcycle shops are suppose to push the motorcycle specific and say "dont dare use and automotive oil" because of the insane mark up. Thats what the Oil reps say too the shops and thats what the shops say to the consumer as they pay $5 a qt.

I beat the hell outa the motorcycles I have owned and never had any issues with Castrol or shell.
My broke Buddies that drive more often and harder than I do use Walmart supertech and have never went through a clutch or had any problems either.
How can that be if the motorcycle oil is crucial??

The 1996 CBR 900rr that used the different types of the cheapest car oil went 90,000+. Id really like to hear Yamalubes reply to that!!

Top Bottom