Farm & Fleet has some good stuff for PWC!!!

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
A friend of mine that works for spectrol even said you can use any automotive oil without worry. Motorcycle shops are suppose to push the motorcycle specific and say "dont dare use and automotive oil" because of the insane mark up. Thats what the Oil reps say too the shops and thats what the shops say to the consumer as they pay $5 a qt.

I beat the hell outa the motorcycles I have owned and never had any issues with Castrol or shell.
My broke Buddies that drive more often and harder than I do use Walmart supertech and have never went through a clutch or had any problems either.
How can that be if the motorcycle oil is crucial??

The 1996 CBR 900rr that used the different types of the cheapest car oil went 90,000+. Id really like to hear Yamalubes reply to that!!

I'm not talking about yamalube. I'm talking about oils that are API Standard rated with and SJ additive package. these are oils that are safe for bikes. that includes Shell Rotella T. As for " the Spectro Rep told me so...." that guy is a twit. not surprising since anyone that KNOWS bikes know spectro sells CRAP! I've been riding bikes since I was 4, wrenching since my teens, I've logged litterally hundred of thousands of miles on two wheels and rode the Iron butt twice, as well as many cross country trips. I, eat sleep and live BIKES. do you really wanna try this argument with me. I promise you I will make you look like a complete idiot without even trying.

we've tried to give you good advice and you just want to argue that you THINK you know better than the combined knowlwedge and experience of this board. you are mistaken.

concedeed that you are out of your league and move on.

Last edited:

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
Gezzzz buddy, Cool down!! "Lets have a Motorcycle Talk brawl"!!! Anyone that has to say Quote "do you really wanna try this argument with me. I promise you I will make you look like a complete idiot without even trying." Has just made them self look like an idiot!

Allot of Cycle shops drill into the consumers head that, in no way shape or form should they ever ever ever use any automotive oil !!!
Just in case there is anyone on here that actually buys the $5 + oil from the Cycle shops, let it be known, that you do have much cheaper alternatives. Some people didn’t know that!

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
Gezzzz buddy, Cool down!! "Lets have a Motorcycle Talk brawl"!!! Anyone that has to say Quote "do you really wanna try this argument with me. I promise you I will make you look like a complete idiot without even trying." Has just made them self look like an idiot!

Allot of Cycle shops drill into the consumers head that, in no way shape or form should they ever ever ever use any automotive oil !!!
Just in case there is anyone on here that actually buys the $5 + oil from the Cycle shops, let it be known, that you do have much cheaper alternatives. Some people didn’t know that!

which is WHY they have motorcycle specific oil and chemicals and WHY the dealers and the manufacturers drum that into people. it to protect them from their own ignorance. dont go telling people "it's ok to run car oil" when it clearly is NOT without knowing all the facts. Hell, YOU didnt even know the difference, so what does that say about the average consumer? you just were going off of some have assed info you receive 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. hand and sang it as gospel. You talk about "doing research into the subject when clearly you DID NOT or you would have kept your mouth shut from the outset because you didnt have even a fraction of the info required to engage in this type of conversation.

you didnt know squat about spark plugs ( that's ONE G), you knew just enough to be dangerous about oil, and so far you've shown you dont know much about marketing or sales either since you think it's all a rip off.

So tell us, what DO you know? I mean really? anything useful?

If not, thats ok, we're here to help. but dont dont try to start a gun fight over the advice given on here while holding only a grapefruit spoon.

Last edited:

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
which is WHY they have motorcycle specific oil and chemicals and WHY the dealers and the manufacturers drum that into people. it to protect them from their own ignorance. dont go telling people "it's ok to run car oil" when it clearly is NOT without knowing all the facts. Hell, YOU didnt even know the difference, so what does that say about the average consumer? you just were going off of some have assed info you receive 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. hand and sang it as gospel. You talk about "doing research into the subject when clearly you DID NOT or you would have kept your mouth shut from the outset because you didnt have even a fraction of the info required to engage in this type of conversation.

you didnt know squat about spark plugs ( that's ONE G), you knew just enough to be dangerous about oil, and so far you've shown you dont know much about marketing or sales either since you think it's all a rip off.

So tell us, what DO you know? I mean really? anything useful?

If not, thats ok, we're here to help. but dont dont try to start a gun fight over the advice given on here while holding only a grapefruit spoon.

Hey hey hey now, he does know all about the guy's dick from Boogie Nights.... :sneaky:

fLat TiRe

Whammy
He's a "big" star

A friend of my uncle's brother had a wife that put 100,000 miles on a huffy, and he only used wd-40 on the chain

the bike shop tryed to sell her PB blaster, but she was cheap and used wd-40 from walmart, and it still pedals fine....so it must be good shizz

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
Just to prove you wrong, I am going to use the Champion Spark plugs! I bet they will work and hold up all summer just fine. Does anyone actually work for Champion or NGK and can prove why NGK's are far superior, prob not. They are just giving recommendations from their own use and what the manufacturer recommends! Which I appreciate!!

I used Autolite car plugs in my FX-1 the first summer without missing a beat(hard use everyday). Second summer replaced with NGK(farm&Fleet had them for cheap) and didn’t notice any difference/improvement in performance.

Most marketing is a Gimmick or exaggerations or making something small seem crucial!!!

I have seen people use the oil with out the so called "needed additives" for years and they never have had a problem!

One thing we can agree on is Spectro is junk, The research I found listed it at the bottom of list along with Yamalube and suzuki oil

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
This got a little outa had, was just trying to say you can use other oils in motorcycles! Shell and Castrol have worked great for me over the years and they are 1/2 the price of Motorcycle oil!
After 1 of my NGK pluggs failed, I used Champion Power Sport pluggs in a bike for two seasons with out a problem.

Where do you guys stand on Maufact recommending 7-8k oil change intervals on Dino oil??

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
This got a little outa had, was just trying to say you can use other oils in motorcycles! Shell and Castrol have worked great for me over the years and they are 1/2 the price of Motorcycle oil!
After 1 of my NGK pluggs failed, I used Champion Power Sport pluggs in a bike for two seasons with out a problem.

Where do you guys stand on Maufact recommending 7-8k oil change intervals on Dino oil??

why.. not like you'll listen anyway

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
I do listen....but I like dig a little deeper than "just use this brand". I guess I will not dig anymore! :-(

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
What physical stores have NGK in stock for reasonable price??

I am going to give my champions what they deserve and try'em out. Just in case I am wrong, would like to have back-ups.

Bike shops think they are made of GOLD.
Farm & Fleet doesnt carry any longer.

Who????

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
I do listen....but I like dig a little deeper than "just use this brand". I guess I will not dig anymore! :-(

you arent digging? you arent even asking questions, you are saying point blank "I'm gonna use the cheapest piece of crap I can lay my hands on, even though everyone advises against it". I even gave you the reasons all oils are not created equaly siteing specific causes. you scoffed at it and told me I was wrong and your way was better. guess what. you are beyond help. your a troll plain and simple.

Last edited:

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
They are spark plugs man, come on. They are like 5 bucks a pair. If you dig so much, why can't you do a simple search to see who has the cheapest plugs? Better yet, just go to any dealer near you and get a set.

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
I was just giving you specific cases/situations that prove otherwise to what you were saying. Didnt think ya would "Flip yo wig!"!

For example, you said the oil needs the extra additives/friction modifiers or else you will burn through clutches/cause slippage!!
I have first hand knowledge of people using Oil without the additives and never burning out a clutch premature or experiencing clutch slip or any other problem for that matter. And the consistant un Bias research I FOUND(I didnt conduct it) showed that motorcycle specific oil isnt better!

"Oil talk" never goes anywhere, just drop it!

I do like to find cheap alternatives that perform as well as the over priced ones!! Doesn’t everyone! What’s wrong with that??

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
I was just giving you specific cases/situations that prove otherwise to what you were saying. Didnt think ya would "Flip yo wig!"!

For example, you said the oil needs the extra additives/friction modifiers or else you will burn through clutches/cause slippage!!

Wrong twinkle toes.. I said the opposite

I have first hand knowledge of people using Oil without the additives and never burning out a clutch premature or experiencing clutch slip or any other problem for that matter.

You didnt even know there WERE additives till I explained it, you thought it was all hype. go re-read your posts.

And the consistant un Bias research I FOUND(I didnt conduct it) showed that motorcycle specific oil isnt better!

Keep looking, only find some reputable sources. you'll find the opposite to be true once again

"Oil talk" never goes anywhere, just drop it!

I do like to find cheap alternatives that perform as well as the over priced ones!! Doesn’t everyone! What’s wrong with that??

noting wrong with it. but you have to first have a fully functioning brain in order to be able to determine what is actually a COMPERABLE ALTERNATIVE.

Last edited:
Top Bottom