Farm & Fleet has some good stuff for PWC!!!

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
I meant lacks instead of needs, I didnt want to go back back through all the messages check! You know what I meant cause I was Quoting you! I would not use the $1 oil in my bikes but I will use the $2-$3 Castrol & Shell. I just know people/stunters that used the $1 stuff and never had a premature failure of any kind, thats all I am getting at! I am not recommending people to use $1 but I would recommend the Castrol and Shell! Those are the two I have recommended this whole time. The $1 oil talk was just interesting story/conversation not recommendation!

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
I meant lacks instead of needs, I didnt want to go back back through all the messages check! You know what I meant cause I was Quoting you! I would not use the $1 oil in my bikes but I will use the $2-$3 Castrol & Shell. I just know people/stunters that used the $1 stuff and never had a premature failure of any kind, thats all I am getting at! I am not recommending people to use $1 but I would recommend the Castrol and Shell! Those are the two I have recommended this whole time. The $1 oil talk was just interesting story/conversation not recommendation!

STunters? OMFG!!!! LMFAO.. yeah.. those are the bikes I'd base all my "findings" on. those things are rolling junk inside aof a year.

Get out of the way. I'm gonna dig your hole with a back hoe so you can just jump in it already.

you've flip flopped your veiws more that a Democrat on the campaign trail. :hitwithrock:

romack991

homebrewed
just a heads up on marketing guys, typically they don't know ******** about the actual product. i work with a lot of sales and marketing guys and they are not knowledgeable on the technical aspects.

I have no idea on bikes, but I work with seals for a living and test in various fluids. The various oils, coolants, ect are all not the same. The differences may not be enough for you to justify the increase in cost but they are formulated differently.

A beat up piece of ******** car might get me to work, but it isn't going to be as nice and smooth as a new one. All depends on my personal preference, but I wouldn't go telling people their isn't a difference just because my older beater hasn't broken down yet.

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
just a heads up on marketing guys, typically they don't know ******** about the actual product. i work with a lot of sales and marketing guys and they are not knowledgeable on the technical aspects.

I have no idea on bikes, but I work with seals for a living and test in various fluids. The various oils, coolants, ect are all not the same. The differences may not be enough for you to justify the increase in cost but they are formulated differently.

A beat up piece of ******** car might get me to work, but it isn't going to be as nice and smooth as a new one. All depends on my personal preference, but I wouldn't go telling people their isn't a difference just because my older beater hasn't broken down yet.

I was trying to figure out why you were putting seals (Aquatinc mammal) into oil and coolant testing them...thought it was some sort of weird exxon valdez thing you had going on. :icon16:

Last edited:

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
Dirk The Diggler, does your other brain work (that's the grayish substance located inside that round thing sitting just above your shoulders)?

Tadpole1975

The clown has no penis!
Dirk The Diggler, does your other brain work (that's the grayish substance located inside that round thing sitting just above your shoulders)?
I wouldn't use the other brain because I did some research and found that flabber gaskets could rupture the shnufflegoffer.

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
you guys seem to love to gang up on people! I didnt recommend the $1 oil, just saying I have know many people that have used it in their bikes without any issues!! Stunters would be the ultimate test because they beat the hell outa the bikes constant!! I use only castrol or shell and thats what I was recommending to people with Motorcycles!!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
you guys seem to love to gang up on people! I didnt recommend the $1 oil, just saying I have know many people that have used it in their bikes without any issues!! Stunters would be the ultimate test because they beat the hell outa the bikes constant!! I use only castrol or shell and thats what I was recommending to people with Motorcycles!!
Hey Wolf, let me know if you agree with this.........

Hey Dirk, FMX guys are hard on their frames, wheelsets and suspension. But as far as their motors, I would say they are not hard on them at all, they only use MAX RPM right before hitting a trick, and if your talking street stunt, they hardley ever use MAX RPM at all since those kind of stunts are based off of balance not power used. A race bike(street or dirt) is the maximum amount of wear that any engine would ever have to be subjected too. MAX RPM 90 % of the time. So, your comments that "Stunters" would be the ultimate test holds no weight.

Guys, keep it clean........

ger87410

How did I get here?
This has been your weekly dose of drama. We hope you enjoyed it.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled X. :smokin:

ketsair

ISJWTA Member #1
Hey Wolf, let me know if you agree with this.........

Hey Dirk, FMX guys are hard on their frames, wheelsets and suspension. But as far as their motors, I would say they are not hard on them at all, they only use MAX RPM right before hitting a trick, and if your talking street stunt, they hardley ever use MAX RPM at all since those kind of stunts are based off of balance not power used. A race bike(street or dirt) is the maximum amount of wear that any engine would ever have to be subjected too. MAX RPM 90 % of the time. So, your comments that "Stunters" would be the ultimate test holds no weight.

Guys, keep it clean........

crap...ya beat me to it... took so freaking long to read thru this junk & catch up. i personnaly rebuild most of the race bikes in my area, i have had some of the lower classmen come in from running car oils, not only are the friction plates shot from being soaked from an oil that doesn't have the formulation to handle clutches, but transmission gears cause premature oil breakdown, this usualy ends up with some primary shaft/countershaft bearings, most of the time all the shifting forks, i haven't seen a cluth hub bearing go because of it, but have seen a governor go from the likely hood of it. now the lower classmen also are poor on maintenance, don't change thier oil as they should, but the farm boys that to NOTHING to their bikes, but tdo use motorcycle rated oils, have none of these issues, they just ruin the crap out of every suspension bearing there is cause they never clean & regrease....i', tiered of typing... i chicken pick, so dirk, you wanted a real expierence anser, didn't like the ones you've got,. so here's one that seems to cover all the bases, so put that up you pipe & smoke it, later

dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
- Moto GP racers have sponsorships so they get their oil for free I assume.

- Stunters I know, and any for that matter do Wheelies, burn outs etc.... and I know highway wheelies that go on for a very long time put stress on the motor!! Starves certain engine parts of oil unless they put a different oil pick up in the bike. They also street race(drag and road race down twisties) on occasion which usually keeps the bike at higher rpm in return stress on motor(of course they are made for high rpm).

You guys keep making it sound like I recommend the $1 auto oil! I don’t, and like I said numerous times, I don’t even use it myself! Again, Just sharing my experience of others using it without problems which obviously comes as a shock to everyone here!

Top Bottom