Custom/Hybrid First AM Hull Footrocket Build

chadetroit

Get Wet
FR came in today so I thought I'd get this thread started with some pics and hopefully a few people that have some good build knowledge will follow or see it, as usual I'll be looking to the X on some areas of the build that I might not be clear on. Below are some photos of the uncrating. Glass Hull weight was 92lbs for hull, hood, front sponsons, ride plate, pump shoe, turf, scupper and aluminum engine mount plates. Picture shows the scale weight without the hood, which was 8lbs. This is a pallet scale it is probably give or take a pound. Fit and finish looks pretty good.

Attachments

• footrocket uncrate05.jpg
    footrocket uncrate05.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 540
  • footrocket uncrate06.jpg
    footrocket uncrate06.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 502
  • footrocket uncrate07.jpg
    footrocket uncrate07.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 527
  • footrocket uncrate08.jpg
    footrocket uncrate08.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 547
  • footrocket uncrate09.jpg
    footrocket uncrate09.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 506
  • footrocket uncrate10.jpg
    footrocket uncrate10.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 527
  • footrocket uncrate03.jpg
    footrocket uncrate03.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:

chadetroit

Get Wet
I think the pump shoe is sitting a little low so will probably need sanding, I don't believe it should be hanging down below the rideplate and hull bottom correct?

I have an RRP question as well. How does the chinpad attach to the main body are there suppose to be brackets on the side I can put screws into?

Lastly there is a shot of the scupper on the inside of the hull, it's nice and the channel is built right into the hull and exits in the pump area.

Attachments

• pumpshoe.JPG
    pumpshoe.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 520
  • RRP Pad.JPG
    RRP Pad.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 523
  • scupper.JPG
    scupper.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 562

chadetroit

Get Wet
Here is a preview of a possible idea for the graphic wrap. It's a work in progress and I'm not sure if I'm going to do a full wrap or just some accent vinyl that follows the lines on the rocket.

Attachments

• skiwrap test2.jpg
    skiwrap test2.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 516

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Here is a preview of a possible idea for the graphic wrap. It's a work in progress and I'm not sure if I'm going to do a full wrap or just some accent vinyl that follows the lines on the rocket.

I thought they came with wraps?
-Yours is like the 3rd or 4th one that people have started builds on and they are just black hulls without graphics.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
I have an RRP question as well. How does the chinpad attach to the main body are there suppose to be brackets on the side I can put screws into?

You can buy the brackets for that or I have seen some people drill and tap that area but on the cast poles. Another idea is to hit up home depot and buy little Stainless L brackets that you can bolt on to each side.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
-Yours is like the 3rd or 4th one that people have started builds on and they are just black hulls without graphics.

l didn't get graphics on mine either.Probably just going with the black gelcoat.Not going to paint this one.

I think the pump shoe is sitting a little low so will probably need sanding, I don't believe it should be hanging down below the rideplate and hull bottom correct?

Lastly there is a shot of the scupper on the inside of the hull, it's nice and the channel is built right into the hull and exits in the pump area.

I ground my pump shoe down so it is flush with the ride plate.

On the chinpad there are supposed to be a couple threaded aluminum pieces on each side and it's bolted onto the tab you circled in your pic.

I noticed the scupper tube on mine, I think it's pretty sweet. I mounted my battery right in front of it, but raised it up a couple inches so it doesn't affect the flow of water into the scupper.

chadetroit

Get Wet

As stated above wraps are extra money. Other than the hart and Huntington ski that Nick rides I wasn't crazy about any of the other wraps that were done. I'm not sold on the design I did yet so I'll have to play around with it a little more.

I mounted my ebox on the front foothold. I made a bracket and drilled 4 holes through the foothold to bolt the bracket and ebox onto. I'm running total loss, but I'm sure you could do the same with OEM ebox.

IMG_1848_zps4072b037.jpg

chadetroit

Get Wet
Thanks skidiggity

I've encountered another problem with the RRP pole bracket I have. It measures 11.5 wide and my opening is only about 9 inches on the footrocket. I must have the wrong pole bracket. Didn't know there were different sizes.
ygerydad.jpg

Top Bottom